I recently noticed all of my memos have been deleted from my Torch 9800. Not sure of anything new that has happened. I use mproductive, but have with no problems for a while. Started using BES fairly recently but that didn't immediately cause a problem. Have done a battery pull several times with no error messages.

Any ideas what I could have done or should do to get them restored?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 07:33 AM
    It is possible you accidentally filtered your memo's by category. On Os5 I can open Memos, press Menu/Filters. If I select a filter it will show only the memo's under that heading. Make sure none are checked. Good luck.

01-31-11 08:48 AM
    Good point from albee 1 on the filtering. Another thing to consider is something like BBNotepad, a free Memo replacement that lets you store your memos on your SD card, and in a .txt format too so you can easily copy them to a PC for safe backup.
    01-31-11 09:33 AM
    Good point from albee 1 on the filtering. Another thing to consider is something like BBNotepad, a free Memo replacement that lets you store your memos on your SD card, and in a .txt format too so you can easily copy them to a PC for safe backup.
    Thanks trucky, once in a while I have some good suggestions! Haha and I am going to have to download something like BBnotepad too. My memos are getting pretty full these days. See you in the forums!

02-01-11 04:42 PM
    Thanks trucky, once in a while I have some good suggestions! Haha and I am going to have to download something like BBnotepad too. My memos are getting pretty full these days. See you in the forums!

You will like BBNotepad... It's what the BB Memo should have been. It also has an unzip feature. One thing I found is that you have to Save As each time you want to save your memo as a .txt file. It would be nice to be able to set this as a default.

BBNotePad Home
    02-02-11 06:55 AM
    Thanks for the link. I'm wondering what would happen if we deleted the memos app after downloading BBNotepad?

02-02-11 09:36 AM
    I wouldn't delete it until you've opened and Saved As to your SD card using BBNotepad first. I haven't had the memo app installed for a long time.
    02-02-11 10:32 AM
    Didn't mean to hijack the post, but the op has not been back. I hope that means someone solved their prob. Liking the BBNotepad trucky. I have thought about it before but didn't download it at the time. Pretty sure you don't want to delete the stock Memos app. I think the BBnotepad integrates with the existing program. Deleting Memos may disable it. Thanks again, see you in the forums!

02-02-11 04:37 PM
    I don't really think there is any level of integration between RIMs Memos and BBNotepad. I've installed several OS upgrades and have not instlled Memos at all. BBNotepad appears to be a self-sufficient program all on its own.

02-02-11 06:12 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I checked using filter and that wasn't the problem. I actually think its something with AT&T resetting my BES data plan. That may be wrong, but I just upgraded my wife to a iphone 4 (not happy she left BB) using my upgrade and AT&T has jacked up a bunch of my stuff. Took BES data plan off my line, I had to reset voicemail. Really several changes that I don't appreciate. I'm guessing that is when it deleted memos. I'm using mproductive to manage tasks, etc. It does an ok job sorting memos, but just uses the standard BB memo. Any idea if that would sync with BBnotepad or be entirely seperate?
    02-03-11 08:19 AM
    Have you not got a backup file with them in? Only way to restore them I would imagine.
    02-03-11 08:29 AM
    I guess the last time I backed it up was when I upgraded to the Torch in november. Would have most of them though. Can I just restore the memos without restoring everything?
    02-03-11 08:40 AM
    Yea in Desktop Manager, when you go to Restore choose to select specific databases, and just do Memos. Bare in mind your current Memos would get erased in the process though.

Alternatively there are programs/websites out there to view ipd file data if you need to read them.
    02-03-11 09:03 AM
    Yes you can restore just the memos,contacts or any other single database. Select Advanced. You will see your bb's databases on the right. Select file/open and choose the most recent backup file. It will load on the left. Then highlight the Memo pad on the left side then press the arrow pointing to your device. Should be a no brainer. Best of luck.

There are several ipd file viewers for pc. Just google ipd viewers.

Last edited by albee 1; 02-03-11 at 10:43 AM.
    02-03-11 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD