I've had the Storm since December and its really been a love/hate relationship. When people ask me how I like it, the only way I can respond is "its not practical." It is a fun phone: the screen quality is incredible, it has a lot of frills, among many other things but i think it is my time to move on. Even with the update it is slow. It is a process making calls. I've been in situations where I've needed to make a call, fast and it has taken me several minutes. God forbid I am ever in an emergency situation. I just don't trust it. I don't like texting anymore because I cannot type fast without the screen spazzing out and making a million typos.

I am going to college in a month and I need a phone that is reliable. My mom said that I can have her old BB World but I have to cover the repairs (around $70 to fix the charger.) I like the size and shape of the World and it is A LOT easier for me to type on. I am going to school in New Orleans (I'm from NYC) Will it be a good idea to go with the World because of its Global coverage? (I know it is still domestic [so this sounds completely ignorant] but its still a great distance from home. is there be any advantage to having the World in a situation like this?) I am a little worried because it is an older phone

My other option is to trade in the Storm and get the Tour. I would have to pay $130 ($199-$70 for the used storm at verizon) the Tour has had great reception so far but I am a little hesitant about buying a first edition after the storm. I only handled one briefly but I liked it. The only thing is that it seemed a little small.

What I am looking for:
    • Reliability
    • Easy to make calls/browse contacts list
    • Easy-to-type keyboard (I am a teenage girl... I send out A LOT of texts/bbms)
    • Efficient internet browsing
    • Speed
    • Good coverage
    • Aesthetics obviously
    • Easily Connects to Mac with a USB

all of that is a lot more important to me than anything media related

Is it worth spending the extra $60 to get the Tour over the World?
    07-18-09 11:27 PM
    I don't think in your situation the world edition 8830 would make a difference. The Tour is a world phone as well. In my opinion, I'd definitely upgrade to the Tour over the 8830 for 60 bucks. It has everything you're looking for.
    Btw, all BBs connect the same to Macs and regarding coverage, that's more dependent on the area you'll be in than the phone itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 11:36 PM
    Get the tour. You will not be disappointed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 03:02 AM
    Definitely go with the Tour, it does everything the 8830 can do.....and more.
    07-19-09 03:06 AM
    Another vote for the Tour. It isn't worth spending $70 to repair the 8830 when the same money will get the Tour.

Tour has 256MB of RAM, the 8830 has 64MB.
    Tour has a 3.2MP camera + video cam, 8830 has no camera.
    Tour has a high res screen, 8830 doesn't.
    Tour ships with 4.7 OS, with a 5.0 upgrade in the future likely. 8830, 4.5 might be the last stop.

Many more reasons.
    07-19-09 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD