No theme studio 7? No instagram, angry birds, fruit ninja or anything good until the next over-priced models are released? I'm pretty sure that I'll be switching to a HTC, Sony Xperia or Samsung next year - my bb has been great, and I'll miss BBM and the keyboard, but not much else. :'( It's saddening, I know, but I seriously think its time I left the BB world. :'(
    10-15-12 02:24 PM
    Uhh really sorry to hear that......, Its a phone not a life altering change. Get what work for you and move on.
    10-15-12 02:32 PM
    There will be an instagram app. I have never owned a blackberry, but am extremely excited about what blackberry 10 has to offer. I have owned an iPhone for four years (have the iPhone 5 now) and really cannot wait to switch. Best of luck to you though.
    Neely2005 likes this.
    10-15-12 02:33 PM
    So you'd rather switch to an "overpriced" Android (HTC, Sony, Samsung) next year - when BB10 will be available - rather than to BB10, despite what we already know about it??

The reasons why the apps you mentioned won't be coming to legacy devices is fairly obvious - why bother spending vast amounts of money on development for an OS which basically isn't going anywhere, when you can spend a lot less developing for BB10 and have a better looking, better running app?!

Either way, enjoy your droid.

Si.
    10-15-12 02:35 PM
    I think your late to the party... Lots have lots faith..... however, one thing about the consumer is that they are quick to forgive.... If BBX is good to great.... we will be back... I have an SII from my Torch, and I'm ready for the New BB to restore the faith...

See you in Q1...
    10-15-12 02:35 PM
    Couldn't care less either way. But if you do choose to switch, please don't start a goodbye thread. Post here instead: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    Alex_Hong and kuti like this.
    10-15-12 02:37 PM
    It's not realistic to expect devs to put effort into apps for a lame duck OS when the new version is (relatively) right around the corner. They are better suited using their resources to put out better quality BB10 apps.
    10-15-12 03:21 PM
    Buy a PlayBook and you will get alot of those things right now. If that can't hold you over until BB10 then good luck on your future choices.
    10-15-12 03:25 PM
    I don't know what your sources are, but every single thing you listed will be on BB10 except for themes.
    10-15-12 03:26 PM
    well considering that everything u mentioned except the themes will be there in BB10 and the fact that u said youre going to switch next year when clearly these devices come out Q1 of next year.........it seems like u already have your mind made up that u want to switch. U gave no good reason for switching when the first BB10 device will have what your asking for and will priced at the same price as whatever youre switching to.
    10-15-12 03:56 PM
    No theme studio 7? No instagram, angry birds, fruit ninja or anything good until the next over-priced models are released? I'm pretty sure that I'll be switching to a HTC, Sony Xperia or Samsung next year - my bb has been great, and I'll miss BBM and the keyboard, but not much else. :'( It's saddening, I know, but I seriously think its time I left the BB world. :'(
    I see that we've hit rock bottom on CB.
    metz9444 likes this.
    10-15-12 03:58 PM
    I was expecting because of browser checkerboards, stalls in loading, long boot time, occasional keyboard lag and a lock up here and there emphasized in pb 2.1 but whatever.
    10-15-12 04:35 PM
    The reality of the situation is that over 90% of the previous Blackberry owners said this by moving to IOS or Android....
    ...It took RIM a while to actually get the message the market was ( and had been ) shouting but they did eventually get it.
    ...NOW, we know what RIM wants to do the only question is CAN THEY do it.

In the case of Netflix RIM says they want to have that App for their Playbook.......
    ...But the reality is that it's possible that they simply waited far to long and they might not be able to get it!
    ...This will be very sad as the Playbook competes well against ipad and Droid in EVERY thing except "PLAY" or WORK applications!

If RIM is somehow able to get Netflix on their Playbook those Playbooks already sold will absolutely sell BB10 phones!
    ...If not they can kiss their tablet idea off and just chalk it up to a degree earned in the school of hard knocks!
    ...We shouldn't jump on the O.P. too hard for vocalizing something nearly 100% of the market figured out 4 Droids ago or 2 iphones ago.
    ...LOL.
    richardat likes this.
    10-15-12 06:26 PM
    can somebody again tell me, (i'm not in the USA) why people are so clamoured with Netflix App? I mean, I get it that they have their shows online (web browser), but do you need an APP for netflix when (as far as my limited understanding goes) the same things could be done via the web browser?
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    10-15-12 08:18 PM
    IIRC, Netflix does the streaming through Silverlight on the web browser and although PlayBook browser can play Flash just fine, there is no support for Silverlight therefore there needs to be an app for access. As for Hulu, the streaming is done through Flash, but Hulu specifically blocks PlayBook browser through User Agent detection (possibly with feature detection as well) and there is no way to change the User Agent string of the browser sent over to a site without rooting the PlayBook. I think someone figured out how to watch Netflix streaming on PlayBook through a roundabout way and made an app for the purpose some time ago. Yep, it's a shame, but complaining about lack of Netflix, Skype, Hulu on BlackBerry platforms at this point is beating a dead horse that is dead time times over.
    richardat likes this.
    10-15-12 08:57 PM
    can somebody again tell me, (i'm not in the USA) why people are so clamoured with Netflix App? I mean, I get it that they have their shows online (web browser), but do you need an APP for netflix when (as far as my limited understanding goes) the same things could be done via the web browser?
    Truth is most people already have netflix on their xbox, playstation, roku, or tv and really don't need it on their phone.
    10-15-12 09:00 PM
    so based on the replies, we're unhappy about not netflix app, but we're not cheering for the fact that we (somehow) managed a workaround?
    10-15-12 09:07 PM
    Ohh for Christ sake stop it with Netflix, there is nothing on Netflix that you can't find on 1chanel.ch and watch for free, except 5 year old shows.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    10-15-12 11:01 PM
    so based on the replies, we're unhappy about not netflix app, but we're not cheering for the fact that we (somehow) managed a workaround?
    The "work around" requires that your Playbook be on the same WIFI as your PC ( which is the biggest part of the work around )....
    ....& by default that's not a work around.

Every time this issue comes up we see the same old apologetics; i.e. "most people have an xbox so why do we need Netflix on a phone"....
    ...This is no different than people saying; "if you want to take a great picture bring your DSLR camera"!
    ...OR; "If you want to use Skype bring your notebook".

People,,, this is EXACTLY the reasoning RIM used that got itself into the Septic Tank....
    ...And it's the kind of reasoning that will keep RIM in the setpic tank.
    ...And I for one don't want that at all.

WHY Netflix? Why is it such a big deal?

Because people WANT IT ( DEMAND ) and in this day and age if it can work on a Tablet OS then it would work on a phone OS.....
    ...It's foolish to suggest that a large % of Blackberry users don't care about Netflix.
    ...When that percentage represents less then 2% of the actual market!

Like I said that's exactly WHY RIM is in the Spetic Tank bumping into Titanic sized turds......
    ...The majority of consumers immediately opted to REJECT Blackberry in favor of the options Droid and Apple offered.
    ...So let's remember what the reasoning of bringing a real camera if you want to take a picture or notebook if you want to watch Netflix got us!

This shift is similar to how it worked when T.V.'s started to get smaller.......
    ...Some of the Tube Mfg's sttarted to use arguments like;' if you house is REALLY that small that you need a 3'' thick t.v. then you better buy one.
    ...We all know what happened with Tube tech so lets just keep the pressure on RIM.
    ...They willl either sink or swim based off their subscripttion based media for Tablets and the same goes for Skype on BB10.
    kbz1960 and ubizmo like this.
    10-16-12 11:04 AM
    Yeah? Cool story bro. Thanks for the daily troll rant disguised as a "unhappy blackberrian". Hope you're happy switching.
    It's clear you value gaming on your phone. That alone is reason why a blackberry is not right for you, for now.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-16-12 11:09 AM
    You clearly need an iPhone for those, it's great for gaming. Current line of BlackBerry devices are not good enough for entertainment (they make a very good communication hub though)
    10-16-12 11:21 AM
    yeah im loosing faith too, cause appworld doesnt have beer for the summer and tea for the winter
    10-16-12 11:55 AM
    Bye!!!
    10-16-12 12:20 PM
    Angry birds is boring, Fruit Ninja is boring, and I cancelled my netflix subscription, because I don't have time to watch every episode of a show... And if I did, the options are limited... I certainly don't want to watch shows on a tiny phone screen.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    10-16-12 12:27 PM
    Angry birds is boring, Fruit Ninja is boring, and I cancelled my netflix subscription, because I don't have time to watch every episode of a show... And if I did, the options are limited... I certainly don't want to watch shows on a tiny phone screen.
    Yet numbers show something is lacking with regards to App selection and BlackBerry. I think it's great that you have no need for any of the apps that were listed in this thread, but others do. Just as your needs are not dictated by others, so should the same be true for people that do need them.
    kyot0 and Djlatino like this.
    10-16-12 12:41 PM
51 123