Presently have the 700 min Family plan and the $29.99 BIS plan. Only one BB and the others are 2 Centro's and one Katana 2. No internet with those only unlimited text.

All in all we pay about $185 a month for all.

Well the hospital where the wife works just signed a big deal with Verizon. They are all getting BB's, wireless cards for their laptops and wireless points setup in the hospital. Sounds like a big contract deal. So I'm thinking "hey why not switch to Verizon in Dec. when our contract is up" but wondering how much it will be a month. Wife's BB will be a seperate account and work will pick up the bill on that. So it would be just a BB for me and phones for the kids. Anyone have any idea about how much that would be a month with a comperable plan to what I have now with Sprint?
    05-18-08 05:35 PM
    It would be best to check with Verizon on how much of a discount they'll offer to the Hospital. Each Account will differ as per the contract.
    05-18-08 05:45 PM
    Yes, find out with Verizon what the discounts are going to be.
    05-18-08 05:50 PM
    it looks like most of the carriers around me are having an all-out pricing war. no better time to look at making a switch. I just got 2 new BlackBerries plus another phone & line and still cut my monthly wireless bill by 25-30% (from $185 per month previously). Verizon **may** offer special deals to the families of people affiliated with the hospital--those deals can be quite aggressively low-priced. It's worth looking into.
    05-18-08 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD