Adam Levine tweets from an iPhone less than a week after appearing on stage with Samsung | The Verge

Phone making companies should let go of such ways of advertising and look for other ways, basically you're paying for nothing.
    I still believe Alicia Keys was a fail, I'm not a fan of her either.

~Omar Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    Last edited by UnlimitedEra; 09-14-14 at 05:10 AM.
    Shadowyugi, airmo, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
    09-14-14 05:00 AM
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 05:08 AM
    I think the obligation end at celebrities own personal lives. Just because they are spokesperson for a certain products does not mean they have to use the products personally. Whether if it's a car, bucket of KFC, Summer Eves douch or Trojan condom. It's their fame they are leasing out.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 08:17 AM
    Just like the Alicia Keys thing, it probably wasn't actually Adam Levine that was tweeting, but rather a publicist. I do agree that it looks bad though, and publicists should know better than to tweet from a competing platform of the one their employer just endorsed.
    brian4591, neoberry99 and kbz1960 like this.
    09-14-14 08:19 AM
    I think the obligation end at celebrities own personal lives. Just because they are spokesperson for a certain products does not mean they have to use the products personally. Whether if it's a car, bucket of KFC, Summer Eves douch or Trojan condom. It's their fame they are leasing out.
    If I were a celebrity, I might accept an endorsement contract for a Product I like or was indifferent to (the latter applies to Ms. Keys I think) but if I were a company looking for a celebrity endorsement, I'd make absolutely SURE they were a fan and work with them on resolving any issues they had with my product. After doing that, i'd release the 'so-and-so Edition'.

Alicia Keys was yet another Heins era fiasco.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-14-14 08:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    He is getting payed to market this device in both his public and personal life. Tweeting through an iPhone to the public while you're in a contract with an other company is just stupid.
    It's like Steve Jobs going out to the public with a blackberry or a samsung.

CerveloJohn and sk8er_tor like this.
    09-14-14 08:54 AM
    He is getting payed to market this device in both his public and personal life. Tweeting through an iPhone to the public while you're in a contract with an other company is just stupid.

Or Google CEO Eric Schmidt repeatedly spotted using a BlackBerry,.. that would be insane!! Oh wait...

I think these wealthy individuals (like everyone else) have the right to use the device they prefer.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 09:05 AM
    Or Google CEO Eric Schmidt repeatedly spotted using a BlackBerry,.. that would be insane!! Oh wait...
    Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly.
    09-14-14 09:18 AM

I'd actually like to see that. Say a Jobs fan spots him walking down the street. Jobs is carrying a BlackBerry Storm.

Fan: Whoa Mr Jobs, you're back! What's with the Storm? Do they issue those in heaven??

Jobs: ...I didn't go to heaven...
    09-14-14 09:42 AM

The marketing division of Apple (At least in Canada) had issued BlackBerry devices to their employees as their corporate phone. Now granted this was back in 2010/2011, so times may have changed but parts of the company had a BES deployment at one point.
    09-14-14 09:58 AM
    I'd actually like to see that. Say a Jobs fan spots him walking down the street. Jobs is carrying a BlackBerry Storm.

Fan: Whoa Mr Jobs, you're back! What's with the Storm? Do they issue those in heaven??

Jobs: ...I didn't go to heaven...
    LOL that was evil but ba-dum-dum! Nice.
    09-14-14 10:26 AM
    You have in the Netherlands also commercial with US actors and they saying products A or X are the best ,but sometimes there are just dutch products or services. Do you believe they use it and Alicia Keys is a faillure from the start. I still don't know what her input was only for her music like U2 for Apple. Also one big faillure and the last album SUCKS anyway but still fan of U2 old work
    09-14-14 11:34 AM
    If I were a celebrity, I might accept an endorsement contract for a Product I like or was indifferent to (the latter applies to Ms. Keys I think) but if I were a company looking for a celebrity endorsement, I'd make absolutely SURE they were a fan and work with them on resolving any issues they had with my product. After doing that, i'd release the 'so-and-so Edition'.

Alicia Keys was yet another Heins era fiasco.

Posted via CB10
    I hear what you are saying. However, celebrities are no longer limited to one dimension work these days. Many have very short shelf lives. They have very short amount of time to rake in as much financial rewards as they can. Musicians like Adam Levine not just sing and produce albums not only for himself but for other up and coming singers. He appear on shows like The Voice, moonlighting as part time actor, appearing on commercials. Lord knows what other project he's got going. Commercials are easy money. He does not have to invest in the product. He just show up read a script and pose with the product. It's part of his business franchise. I get that as BlackBerry fans we want to see celebrities actually using it. It does not work that way. Personally I would not hire any spoke person for BlackBerry. It's ineffective and a waste of money. I rather do product placement on well known shows and movies. Even placing BlackBerry phones in the gift bags of celebrities red carpet event is much more effective. Just compare Leonardo DiCaprio who personally chose to use BlackBerry phone as oppose to paying someone like Alicia Keys to promote. It's much more organic. Frankly, I would send Jennifer Lawrence a Passport or Classic with a little note saying for the consideration of your security.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    09-14-14 12:21 PM
    Maybe even send them a version without a camera. LOL

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 12:31 PM
    Is Adam Levine so desperate for money that he'd market a product he doesn't believe in? These celebrities deserve to be embarrassed like that. Don't tell your fans to go buy a product ONLY because you're being paid to do so. Your fans admire you; don't bull**** them.
    ibpluto likes this.
    09-14-14 06:26 PM
    Is Adam Levine so desperate for money that he'd market a product he doesn't believe in? These celebrities deserve to be embarrassed like that. Don't tell your fans to go buy a product ONLY because you're being paid to do so. Your fans admire you; don't bull**** them.
    Again, the tweet was most likely sent out by a non-thinking publicist or staff member, not Levine himself. For all we know that staff member could have been reprimanded severely for the mistake.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    09-14-14 06:37 PM
    I grew up next to a family who's head-of-household was the CEO of a very successful advertising corporation. In that household was, though not necessarily exclusive, one of every product of that company's clients, from laundry detergents to automobiles. That was part of how he represented a product and it was part of his success.
    09-14-14 06:42 PM
    He is getting payed to market this device in both his public and personal life
    oh really?

How did you get the information on his contract? would love to see a copy.
    09-14-14 07:05 PM
    I think the obligation end at celebrities own personal lives.
    Totally disagree. If you're being paid millions, use your brain.
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 09-15-14 at 07:52 AM.
    09-14-14 08:38 PM

I think these wealthy individuals (like everyone else) have the right to use the device they prefer.

Posted via CB10
    Google really isn't in the phone business though. I doubt you would catch him using bing
    09-14-14 09:43 PM
    A Lot of celebrities carries two phones at the same time. This isn't surprising to hear. It wont be the last time you'll hear this

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 10:53 PM
    Yeah, lets all feign surprise. This is why celeb endorsements never work. What's worse is people care so much.
    UnlimitedEra and Shadowyugi like this.
    09-14-14 11:40 PM
    I think the Alicia Keys case was worse, because she had an actual job title with BlackBerry. It was more than a celebrity endorsement, or at least we were meant to see it as something more. She was, for a time, a BlackBerry employee, and part of her responsibility was to act as a kind of living "product placement." BlackBerry needed to shed it's stodgy corporate suit image, and hiring Keys was a step in that direction. It might have been a good step if there had been any actual execution. Getting caught using the competition was only part of the failure.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-15-14 07:31 AM
    Well, they're not desperate for money. They're just greedy like everyone else and want the egocentric exposure they get from being in front of the camera. And most celebrities are so shallow, they don't know what they believe in unless it's written on a script or a Teleprompter or someone tells them what to say, which is mostly bull**** anyway, no matter what you want to believe.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    09-15-14 08:01 AM
    If you use him as a yard stick to celebrities dignity, you ought to include 95% of all in the entertainment industry. You should see the number of celebrities who endorse products in some foreign countries. As regards to fans, depending on what demographics in terms of age, maturity and education. Just because someone like Maroon 5 music does not translate into will buy anything endorse by it's lead singer.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 09:01 AM
43 12