Getting this phone soon and I was wondering what kind of video softeware should I get to compress so that I can put movies, shows, etc on my phone. I had something similar on my friends psp but can't remember the name of the software.

Anyone have any recommedations?
    01-09-08 01:48 AM
    After weeks of trial and error, forum and general internet research and experience with more video editors/transcoders/encoders than I care to recall, your best bets are Xvid4PSP (for 30fps/29.97fps video) or mediaCoder (for 15fps/14.98fps video). These choices were out of preference for highest converted audio and video quality from a wide range of formats. This was usually an mp4 container with MPEG4 video and AAC audio. A heads-up on 30fps video, though... this is NOT a strong point of the BB. I had experienced WAAAY too much lag in video for it to be worthwhile. I even dropped bitrate to sub-200kbps numbers and lowered audio to 48kbps and a nasty 22Hz sample rate, yet the loss in video quality did not merit the semi-fluid framerate. I would suggest using half the orignal framerate of the source. If you use anything other than a multiplier of the source you'll get noticeable loss of frames. I have a mediaCoder XML profile saved for 512kbps MPEG4, 14.98fps, 96kbps Nero LC-AAC CBR with optimized tweaks for the Curve should you care for it. The video plays PERFECTLY and NO drops in frames or lag in applications/blackberry response (amazing for such a high bitrate)
    Last edited by w00tw00t; 01-09-08 at 04:00 AM.
    01-09-08 02:33 AM
    After weeks of trial and error, forum and general internet research and experience with more video editors/transcoders/encoders than I care to recall, your best bets are Xvid4PSP (for 30fps/29.97fps video) or mediaCoder (for 15fps/14.98fps video). These choices were out of preference for highest converted audio and video quality from a wide range of formats. This was usually an mp4 container with MPEG4 video and AAC audio. A heads-up on 30fps video, though... this is NOT a strong point of the BB. I had experienced WAAAY too much lag in video for it to be worthwhile. I even dropped bitrate to sub-200kbps numbers and lowered audio to 48kbps and a nasty 22Hz sample rate, yet the loss in video quality did not merit the semi-fluid framerate. I would suggest using half the orignal framerate of the source. If you use anything other than a multiplier of the source you'll get noticeable loss of frames. I have a mediaCoder XML profile saved for 512kbps MPEG4, 14.98fps, 96kbps Nero LC-AAC CBR with optimized tweaks for the Curve should you care for it. The video plays PERFECTLY and NO drops in frames or lag in applications/blackberry response (amazing for such a high bitrate)
    can you explain how to do that please?
    01-09-08 05:04 AM
    can you explain how to do that please?
    Do what exactly? Convert vids? If so, using which tool?
    01-09-08 09:01 AM
    i use blackberry video converter

the blackberry desktop 4.2 and 4.3 have roxi built in but i found that to be a pain
    01-09-08 10:01 AM
    I tried 5 videos, but the sound lags like 5 seconds. Its so annoying. I used the bb software to put it on the phone with desktop manager. I also have a 2g mini sd inside so i know theres plenty of space. How can I fix this??
    01-15-08 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";