02-20-09 05:26 PM
- Hello all,
I have been reading on this site and others for quite some time now, but never bothered to register due to the fact that i never had anything to say that wasn't already in the thread.
I currently don't have a BB, but i have had a Moto Q in the past. I dropped my Q for the Voyager and that is what im still with. I have been seriously contemplating upgrading to a BB storm since im eligable for upgrade, and that is where my questions come in.
Idk if all pricing is the same all over, but currently in NJ, im paying 79.99 a month for unlimited text, data, and email through VZW Premium plan with 450 mins. I have learned from experience in the past that when it comes to VZ to ask questions and more questions and more. I went to the store after finally deciding that yes i wanted to get the new storm and i was talking to the sales person, sitting down and working out plans and stuff i assumed it was going to stay with the 79.99 plan since it had everything the BB would use. This was not the case.
Apparently with any BB device on VZW you are now forced to get at least the lowest data plan of 30 dollars a month, then if u include the same 450 min and unlimited texting the minimum plan to incorp. that is 59.99. So now i would be paying 89.99 a month for unlimited text, data, and email which is the same exact thing i got from the Premium plan, just for 10 dollars more a month.
Calling Verizon and CS passed me to Tech Support, and after explaining my question to her, litterally she said, "I don't know." Which is a pet peeve of mine, if your job is to know the answer how can u say "i don't know". After asking if there was anyone that might actually know, and getting several "idk" (at least 6 times in a 5 mins convo), i got the is there anything else i can help you today, and a little peeve'd i replied, "No, id rather get help from some1 that knows answers" and instantly i got hung up on.
Any1 know why for using a BB device that is going to do the same exact thing as my Voyager right now, expect totally cooler, why it would be 10 dollars a month more just for the name Blackberry?
sorry for the long post, spent quite some time looking for answers and finally thought here might be able to help me out.
-Jim02-19-09 07:03 PM
- well, because you need a plan for your minutes/sms/mms and then you need the bb plan for either bis $30 mthly or bes $50 mthly for unltd data/web and email services. does that make sense to you? your bb can access a whole lot more for websites than the voyager can. and email in full html.02-19-09 07:18 PM
- idk what is different, on my voy. i open almost everything in normal HTML web browser.
There are something things that i can't get to open on the Voyager, but i know that is cause of the phone and not the data plan. therefore using the 79.99 a month 3xunlimited (data text email) would do the same thing if on the BB correct.
Idk if they charge the 30 extra dollars for a phone like the Samsung Omnia or not, that phone in no way appeals to me.02-19-09 07:22 PM
- well, because you need a plan for your minutes/sms/mms and then you need the bb plan for either bis $30 mthly or bes $50 mthly for unltd data/web and email services. does that make sense to you? your bb can access a whole lot more for websites than the voyager can. and email in full html.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com02-19-09 07:31 PM
- The plan you have with the voyager includes a different kind of data service that isn't compatible with BBs. The kind of data with that plan is network data (e.g. you connect to VZW's network to surf the web). Notice with this you could do downloads and surf the web but you couldn't do email if it wasn't web-based, and IMing still took from text allotments.
When you switch to a BB you have to get a different data plan because for the BB they are server data plans (more as if you were using the internet from a computer). With the BB data you can surf, get email (web- and non-web based), IM (using data not texts), and much more.
So while they both say 'data' they aren't giving you the same provisions and thus the need for the switch. Also, on your premium plan if you read the description and fine print it says there are stipulations as to what phones can be activated on that plan. Hope this helps.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com02-19-09 07:45 PM
- thanks that last post at least gives a little more detail as to why it costs more but still i think that if your store is going to sell a product, or company is going to outsource its data packaging or whatever u want to call it, your employee's should be better able to answer questions about it besides saying IDK or cuase that is the way it is02-19-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD