For all the years I used KS Datebook on my Palm, there was this terrific option in calendar items labeled "no time" - something like an anniversary that you wanted to show up each year, or when you wanted your spouse's work schedule or kids' ball games, etc., you could put the item in and it just sat on that day. All I can find in the BB calendar is "all day" but then it interferes with other items.
    Solutions?

Also, is it possible to have the calendar on the home notification screen show more than 3 items?
    And how can I get task items to show up in the same spot?

I'm really enjoying the Torch 9860, but there are still some things I miss about the old Palm.
    01-04-12 11:10 PM
    Set the occurrence to yearly (or whatever you want), and set the duration to 0 hours and 0 minutes.
    01-04-12 11:18 PM
    Thanks. I'll settle for that, although I'd love to see an open, non-timed line at the top of the day view in the calendar.
    01-05-12 12:08 AM
    Interestingly, my BB Calendar is linked to my FB calendar and I just noticed the way FB integrates people's birthdays in the BB Calendar is exactly what you want. It's sort of a "floating" appointment on that day that doesn't "interfere" with any other appointments listed that day...
    01-05-12 12:12 AM
    Thanks. I'll settle for that, although I'd love to see an open, non-timed line at the top of the day view in the calendar.
    If you do it as all day, you can include game times in the appointment info, then leave it as "free". That shouldn't mess with any of your other appointments.
    01-05-12 12:12 AM
    It's called a "Task". You would use the Task app, and set it so both Tasks and Appointments (from the Calandar) shown together.

- R.
    01-05-12 01:29 AM
    It's called a "Task". You would use the Task app, and set it so both Tasks and Appointments (from the Calandar) shown together.

- R.

I guess a wedding anniversary can be a "Task" for some...
    01-05-12 03:38 AM
    Set the occurrence to yearly (or whatever you want), and set the duration to 0 hours and 0 minutes.
    when doing this wouldnt you still have to set a time of occurrence? so even if it was set to last for zero minutes it would have to be given a certain time on the calendar?

similar to the OP, i have a lot of birthdays in my contacts info but I've always wondered why i have to give a bday a time of day like he said, i preferred the way Palm did it as an unscheduled (ie, no time of day) event while still being on you calendar. so if I set it for zero minutes (good idea btw) i still have to set it to occur at a certain time during the day.
    01-07-12 09:57 PM

- R.
    Good idea, but a task wont show up on the calendar unless he sets a reminder for the task, or maybe if he's using Agenda view or primarily using the dropdown summary at the top of the screen. Tasks also dont accommodate bdays and anniversaries that are part of a Contact entry.

@ OP brian, welcome to crackberry.
    01-07-12 10:07 PM
    You mean like this?
    01-08-12 03:11 AM
    Interestingly, my BB Calendar is linked to my FB calendar and I just noticed the way FB integrates people's birthdays in the BB Calendar is exactly what you want. It's sort of a "floating" appointment on that day that doesn't "interfere" with any other appointments listed that day...
    I'm almost positive that it has it set to all day (especially for birthdays). And instead of having a whole bar filling up the day, all day events are just always at the top of the calendar screen in a small box.
    01-08-12 05:33 AM
    when doing this wouldnt you still have to set a time of occurrence? so even if it was set to last for zero minutes it would have to be given a certain time on the calendar?

similar to the OP, i have a lot of birthdays in my contacts info but I've always wondered why i have to give a bday a time of day like he said, i preferred the way Palm did it as an unscheduled (ie, no time of day) event while still being on you calendar. so if I set it for zero minutes (good idea btw) i still have to set it to occur at a certain time during the day.
    Which makes it an all day event and you can do that on a BB.
    01-08-12 09:20 AM
    I have all my similar items marked as all day event and they don't interfere with my appointments.

01-08-12 11:53 AM
    I have all my similar items marked as all day event and they don't interfere with my appointments.
    I suspect you control your own Calendar,

using All Day events is a pain if you have Calendar entries submitted via a Secretary or someone else as when they search available time the all day events show you busy and they don't book calls, or appointments in those slots
    01-08-12 12:17 PM
    I suspect you control your own Calendar,

using All Day events is a pain if you have Calendar entries submitted via a Secretary or someone else as when they search available time the all day events show you busy and they don't book calls, or appointments in those slots
    Yes, but there is an option to show time as free.

01-08-12 01:14 PM
    Yes, but there is an option to show time as free.

01-08-12 03:11 PM
    Which makes it an all day event and you can do that on a BB.
    Kraski, do you know of any way to set a reminder for these kinds of events for a certain time of day rather than just the options for how far ahead of the event (from days to 0 mins to none) you want to be reminded?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-12 04:38 PM
    I'm confused, are you looking to set up an entry in the calendar to tell you you have free time?

No I'm not confused... I have no problems with my calendar and settings.

01-08-12 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD