hi people i currently have no phone and cant decide wether to get a 9900, 9360 or try and get the le batman lumia 900.

i considered the 9360 mainly as a phone to keep until the new bb 10 devices are around

any ideas people

thanks will.

what i want my phone for is internet - facebook - twitter - and texting mainly with good coverage
    06-12-12 04:25 AM
    id go 9900 but if your waiting for bb10 might as well ask a family member or friend if they got a spare phone that way you dont have to spend any cash
    06-12-12 04:49 AM
    hi people i currently have no phone and cant decide wether to get a 9900, 9360 or try and get the le batman lumia 900.

i considered the 9360 mainly as a phone to keep until the new bb 10 devices are around

any ideas people

thanks will.

what i want my phone for is internet - facebook - twitter - and texting mainly with good coverage
    There are very detailed reviews on devices on CB. Please have a look at them and get back to us with your concerns if any . The reviews are in-depth so, they will clarify most of your doubts..
    06-12-12 04:49 AM
    I agree with dtrue05, if you are waiting for the BB10 then get a cheap phone and use it... save your money.. you can buy some old Blackberry used device until the BB10 will be available.

But, if you can't wait i suggest you to go with the Bold 9900, it's a great Blackberry and you will love it...
    06-12-12 04:59 AM

any ideas people

thanks will.

Hey , Buy the 9360 or one of the new curves(9320 or 9220) because if you are waiting for BB10 , you don't want to get caught with a contract , so you can buy one of these for 150$ outright . If you consider a contract , you should get a 9900 . GooD luck !

Sent from my A$$ Kickin Berry using Tapatalk
    06-12-12 05:00 AM
    any one here experienced the lumia as obviously im only going to bother with bb10 if i get a bb but if one of the other platforms is better i would just stick with that i think
    06-12-12 05:09 AM
    I'd go for a 9900 because if you like FB / Twitter / typing etc the Bold is the fastest of all three.

Also what's wrong with having aa 9900 as well as a BB10
    06-12-12 06:21 AM
    I am pretty happy with my 9360. Have 0 problems with it, does what I need it to do when I need it to get done I just keeping trying to use the touchscreen (it doesn't have one).

If you plan on purchasing a BB10 device, then why waste the money on a new 9900, or lock yourself into a contract. You could also buy a slightly used device as well, then when BB10 comes out, upgrading will not seem like a big payout.

@Ben nothing at all, it just may be a bit pricey if someone has to break a contract to grab the new phone, and not everyone can just buy a new phone unsub'd a few months before grabbing another one. The 9360 is perfectly fine for FB/Twitter/Social Media
    06-12-12 06:29 AM
    Lumia is a Windows phone, the one platform I know the absolute least about. I only know two guys at work that have any type of Windows phone and neither have the Lumia. I cannot say anything positive or negative towards Windows phones, just haven't used any or been around enough people that have to have any detailed discussion on the matter. What I did get from what someone I know who owns a Window phone did tell me is that much like the iPhone and Blackberry platforms, Windows phones do not run flash.

I can tell you the Bold 9900 is an excellent device, it is the apex of what I think can possibly be done with the old BB OS and they finally got it perfect. The keyboard is the best I have ever used in any mobile device, the interface works great, and BB7 is really a fine tuned OS that runs much more smoothly that finally after all these years puts a BB OS on the same level in smoothness as the likes of iOS and Android.

As for the 9360, its not at the Bold 9900 level.
    Last edited by jthep; 06-12-12 at 08:04 AM.
    06-12-12 07:57 AM
    thanks for the response guys how about the 9360 - 9320 (as the 9320 is very resonable priced and then i can just step up to a bb10 when it comes out without denting the pocket for a few months usage hopefully)
    06-12-12 08:09 AM
    Everyone regularly posting on these boards seems to have a plan roadmapped for when BB10 hits and it seems to be heavily influencing their phone buying decisions.

I cannot speak for the OP or anyone else, but after RIM announced the first BB10 device would be all touch and the dev kit/beta device shows the same and it is already being dubbed "The London", I have no interest in an all touch smartphone.

I know RIM has also pretty much confirmed there will be qwerty keyboard BB10 devices too, but who knows when? Or better yet, who knows when they will have a BB10 device that fits the mold of a traditional Blackberry build?

So with all those question marks and I have a sneaking suspicion it will be a while before a BB10 fits my wants needs with the build/form factor I really want, I am sticking with my Bold 9900.

The Bold 9900 nailed it when it comes to making a fully usable browser, traditional Blackberry build, best keyboard yet on any mobile device, and still has the trackpad, berry button, action button, which I hope aren't completely scrapped on BB10 devices, but so far from what we have seen on the beta device, I think it will be while before BB10 gets it right for me.

Bold 9900... best Blackberry ever!
    shemaree09 likes this.
    06-12-12 08:19 AM
    ^^^ totally agree without a doubt but at around �300 i cant quite justify it if they do bring out a new bb within a thew months.

but like you i would like a 9900 type phone running bb10 not massive on full touch myself although i dont mind it i just think phones look alot nice with the full keyboard
    06-12-12 08:28 AM
    ^^^ totally agree without a doubt but at around �300 i cant quite justify it if they do bring out a new bb within a thew months.

but like you i would like a 9900 type phone running bb10 not massive on full touch myself although i dont mind it i just think phones look alot nice with the full keyboard
    Like most folks are saying, why lock yourself into a contract if you're waiting for BB10. All touch is not as bad as you might think. I have the Torch 9850 and I love it. The keyboard was easy to get used to and having that larger screen is a big plus. Besides it still has the trackpad so you still have the best of both worlds. As far as WP and the Lumia, yes that is a sexy looking phone and the platform is really nice and tempting actually.
    06-12-12 10:03 AM
    I know what I like and what I don't. I don't like an all touch device with no buttons or keyboards. I like to type on a real keyboard, thats just me. I know you get extra screen real estate on the larger all touch devices, but these phones keep getting bigger like they are tablets.

For me if I want an all touch device, I will use a tablet. But for a phone that I often type emails/texts/messages/etc. I want a better typing experience, all touch phone simply don't do that for me.

So my Bold 9900 currently does and its every bit as polished all purpose device as RIM has ever put out. When RIM finally comes to their senses and gets a Bold or Torch slider build that has what I want, then I will give BB10 a go. For now though, Bold 9900 is about as good as it can possibly get right now...
    06-12-12 10:54 AM
    I know what I like and what I don't. I don't like an all touch device with no buttons or keyboards. I like to type on a real keyboard, thats just me. I know you get extra screen real estate on the larger all touch devices, but these phones keep getting bigger like they are tablets.

For me if I want an all touch device, I will use a tablet. But for a phone that I often type emails/texts/messages/etc. I want a better typing experience, all touch phone simply don't do that for me.

So my Bold 9900 currently does and its every bit as polished all purpose device as RIM has ever put out. When RIM finally comes to their senses and gets a Bold or Torch slider build that has what I want, then I will give BB10 a go. For now though, Bold 9900 is about as good as it can possibly get right now...
    just out of curiosity have u tried ios - android or windows or just solely bb if you have tried the other what makes you stick to bb
    06-12-12 11:18 AM
    Best bet is buy some old 9000 or something for like $80, then when all the new phones launch at the end of the year, get one of those.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    06-12-12 11:19 AM
    just out of curiosity have u tried ios - android or windows or just solely bb if you have tried the other what makes you stick to bb
    Good question, I have never used Windows phone, I only know like 2 people who own one and neither is the model you were considering. From what they tell me, the battery life on both their phones is lacking and the browser much like iOS and BB does not run flash. But my knowledge on Windows phone is limited.

As for Android, I have played around with a few tablets and my brother let me play around with his Droid 1,2, and now he has the 4. Nice phones, his preference is like mine in needing a QWERTY keyboard and the latest Droid 4 has a really good keyboard, but none ever had a good battery. Also common complaints from everyone I know with a higher end Android phone is that apps are constantly running in the background draining battery life and the OS is a bit of a mess. I cannot complain about the battery since I never owned an Android device, but only used them in shorter time spans.

As for iOS, I am very familiar with it having extensively used an iPod Touch (I own), iPad1 and 2 (borrowed), and play around with my mom's iPhone 3GS (which whenever she can't figure something out as being tech illiterate, I come to the rescue). I have to say that the UI is excellent and everything is very polished and works very well, but email/message notifications, I do not like. I also hate the lack of keyboard and everything being tied to iTunes.

All in all I am pretty well versed in smartphones OS's, just not Windows phone. BB7 is my current smartphone OS and it is like a really well polished, efficient, faster BB OS, that RIM should have had 2 years ago to stop people from defecting to other platforms.

As for why I stick to Blackberries, always liked the keyboards, builds, battery life, notifications (luv it with BeBuzz too), messaging, phone reception (especially good considering I am on ATT!). Up until my BB7 device, the browsers have been slow though and it could use more options in apps and games. But overall in apps, I have most of the practical apps that I use every day and there isn't much out there for me personally that is lacking. The Bold 9900 though has made everything seem much more polished and refined and the browser can hang with the big boys of high end smartphones, finally!
    Last edited by jthep; 06-12-12 at 12:07 PM.
    06-12-12 11:59 AM
    Bold is a bit expensive for me atm and i just checked the specs on gsmarena between the lumia 710 and bold 9900 and there doesnt seem too much in it.

the specs of the 9320 which i was going to buy seems lacking way behind i can imagine the browsing an facebook to be a bit clunky

but not sure
    06-12-12 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD