Hiya, I'm in a situation where I need a new phone and have decided upon a blackberry. But first I have a few queries, as I have never owned one.

I'm planning on getting a contract, my parents will be paying, my father is the kind of person who owns a �50 phone and gets by topping up �5 a month. So I have to be very economically aware when pitching to him so I'm looking for the best possible contract.

Data vs BlackBerry data
    So different contractors have different ways of displaying the data you get with the handset.
    Scroll down for a moment to see the contract deals here.
    BlackBerry - Curve 9360 - Pay monthly - Mobile phones - Tesco Mobile
    Does 'Data' include the that goes on when using bbm(one of the main reasons I'm buying a bb). If so what is the sort of data in one message with like some text, to help me decide.
    It also has the "Includes unlimited BlackBerry email service and BBM" which I assume covers all bbm costs, but implying that wasn't there, would this be the case?

So, if you will check this out
    BlackBerry Curve 9360 tariffs | The Carphone Warehouse
    Here under data it says 100mb blackberry data etc. Am I right assuming this is bbm costs and such? And that this doesn't cover stuff like internet browsing.

So, to simplify my questions:
    Does normal 'Data' cover BBM costs. Do I necessarily need Blackberry Data to use BBM.
    And, does 'Blackberry Data' cover internet browsing and other features like that.

I can imagine you guys don't work for these contractors, and if I would have to phone up, but anything you can chip in would help!

Sorry if this isn't composed well, it's 22:40 and I'm gearing up to sleep.

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by Achroite; 09-19-12 at 01:38 AM.
    09-18-12 04:39 PM
    To use BBM you must have a BlackBerry Data Plan. A generic data plan will not get you BBM.

Internet on a BlackBerry can be accomplished with either the Data Plan or with WiFi if the particular device has that capability.

There are some other apps, Opera mini - web browser, and some IM apps that will also wor with WiFi only but there are too many to mention
    09-18-12 04:51 PM
    The BB will use less data doing the exact same browsing as another phone because of how it compress the data. Yes BlackBerry data covers Internet browsing and BBM.
    09-18-12 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD