I am currently on a Samsung Moment but the wife and I are due for upgrades November 1st. My wife really like the android platform but since we both have had a lot of issues with the Moment are looking at other phones. She is looking at the new EVO while I am thinking of picking up my first Blackberry.

I am on Sprint and currently am looking at the Blackberry Bold 9650. Now looking on line I see that Sprint will be offering a Blackberry Curve 9330 in a few months. Now I really do not know the difference between the two. But one article say the 9330 "runs under RIM's BlackBerry 5 OS, but it includes support for the new BlackBerry 6 OS." Article goes on to say the 9330 6 OS will be released in 2011.

Couple of questions...would it be better to wait for the 9330 to come out in 6 before picking it up or just pick up either phone and worry about the upgrade after I get one (if my thinking is right I can upgrade either phone to OS 6 with they come out)? If I do pick up one whats the difference in the 9650 and 9330? I see a few differences, screen pixels, batt life, memory, but is there any one stand out feature for either phone over the other?

Thanks a lot for the advice.
    09-23-10 11:08 PM
    I was in the same boat as you when I upgrade, except my wife and I came from Blackberry 8330m's. I ended up getting the bold and she got the Evo. I am currently running OS6 on the bold 9650 and really like it. That being said, the Android froyo 2.2 browser is a little better, especially integrating adobe flash 10.1 as it does. The Curve will be a cheaper phone than the bold. The Curve's have a better keyboard IMO. If I were you, I would base your decision on whether you prefer touch screen or physical keyboard. The Evo is a superior gadget if you can loive with it's size and the touch screen. I do miss the ability to BBM with my wife tho. (Blackberry messenger) and I still feel the blackberry is better for texting, emailing and social apps. I read a lot of people bashing Blackberry about social apps, but I like Facebook for blackberry(uses less battery and is a faster tool to communicate). And the new social feeds for OS6 is social app overload.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 11:27 PM
    I had the Evo for a couple of months and I really enjoyed it, but I went back to my BB. The Evo is a great device, but it won't last during your work day. And it is weak on texting and email. BlackBerry smartphones are superior in the messaging area. And the battery life is phenomenal. I would look into getting the Bold 9650. It is the higher end BB. The 9330 looks really cool, but may not hold up as well. Plus, the Bold's screen is better and in my opinion has the superior keyboard. The Curve keyboard is good, but the keys are a bit harder and if you are a big texter and emailer, the keyboard may cause some soreness after a while. the 9650 is also OS 6 compatible. Hope this helps. Good luck on the phone search! By the way, if your wife wears acrylic nails like my wife, she will have a hard time typing on the Evo.

09-24-10 04:30 AM
    Thanks for the advice so far. It rephrase a question....what is the $150 difference between the 9650 and 9330? As stated before is see small differences in camera, screen, batt life, etc but the only huge difference I see is the Bold is an international phone..which I really do not care about. I hear the processor is faster on the Bold but $150 faster?

09-24-10 11:20 AM
    There really isn't a justification the price hike between the two models. the specs on the Bold are slightly better, but the overall experience is going to be about the same. If you are looking at something that will be more economically satisfying, then I would definitely go for the Curve. You are still going to get a quality device.

09-24-10 11:25 AM
    While you say that some of the smaller specs between the two devices don't really add up to much, you'd be really surprised at how much of a difference it makes. I had an 8330, which shares the same screen as the 9330, and the difference between it and the screen on the 9650 is staggering. The difference between the two cameras is pretty big too. My buddy has an 8520, and the pics that he takes aren't nearly the quality of the ones I take on my Tour (the Bold's red headed ******* brother, culled to make way for the Bold).

What you need to do is go into the Sprint store and take a look at them side by side, then the differences will really show!

All of this isn't to say that the Curve 9330 is a bad device, it most certainly isn't, I'm just stating that the spec differences that you say are not that big, actually can be when the two devices are compared side by side.
    09-24-10 01:02 PM
    Both will get BB6. The Bold adds upgraded screen and camera, World Phone... Check the specs at BlackBerry.com. I would miss the 3.2 camera and flash.

09-24-10 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD