I remember the tmo deal having momentum, then falling through. Anyone have inside info should TCL not succeed with the BlackBerry brand?
    02-27-17 06:15 PM
    TCL is in it for the long haul.
    02-27-17 06:58 PM
    If a top 10 manufacturer who understands the market and has the resources and relationships to facilitate efficient world-wide distribution can't make the handset brand successful, I think it's game over.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    02-27-17 07:31 PM
    I'm not familiar with TCL as a company. I guess they're very established?
    02-28-17 06:09 AM
    I'm not familiar with TCL as a company. I guess they're very established?
    Are you serious? Of course they are they have been a tech manufacturing company for years. More so in other markets. But they know what they are doing .
    02-28-17 07:32 AM
    They did say they were going to cease using the alcatel name a long time ago. Maybe the deal with BlackBerry will help with that move
    02-28-17 07:35 AM
    Founded in 1981 and a major player in cell phones since 2004.
    02-28-17 11:36 AM
    Seriously, have a little faith man!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 12:12 PM
    I agree with those who say give TCL a chance. If they fail I don't see any other company giving it a go.
    03-01-17 01:45 PM
    TCL is in it for the long haul.
    So was HP, they were "doubling down" on webOS back then.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-01-17 02:29 PM
    To have any chance in the Enterprise market, TCL has to say they are in it for the long haul.... to overcome the doubt and uncertainty of the last four years (especially the last year of Chen saying they'll get out if he can't make money... which he didn't).

But saying a thing, isn't always the same as doing a thing.... it will all come down to how enterprise and prosumers embrace or ignore the "new" BlackBerry over the next 12 months.
    03-01-17 02:48 PM
    "LONGSHOT: Any one know the next partner should TCL pull out?"

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Ok, ok! On a serious note, I have no idea who the next partner would be, but probably one that's good with fashionable hardware.
    03-01-17 06:05 PM
    So was HP, they were "doubling down" on webOS back then.
    Not the same at all. Webos didn't have support. Much like bb10. Tcl is making devices running Android. A very successful platform and ecosystem. Much more likely to make that work than hp making Web OS a player against the likes of apple and android. Even BlackBerry was doing better than Web OS back then .
    03-01-17 06:09 PM
    Not the same at all. Webos didn't have support. Much like bb10. Tcl is making devices running Android. A very successful platform and ecosystem. Much more likely to make that work than hp making Web OS a player against the likes of apple and android. Even BlackBerry was doing better than Web OS back then .
    Mark Hurd had a plan and was actually supposed to properly reposition it, but the flip-flopping HP Board decides to copy IBM out of the blank.
    03-01-17 07:00 PM
    I remember the tmo deal having momentum, then falling through. Anyone have inside info should TCL not succeed with the BlackBerry brand?
    I don't think that TCL will succeed with BlackBerry brand, at least not for now. Lenovo could be the next partner if BlackBerry provides fast software updates. Or BlackBerry will be the next IBM-like company.

Posted through my  Z30
    03-02-17 03:36 PM
    But this is just a brand, not an entirely new platform. Aside from the K1, they are likely just using the same hardware for "standard" and "BB" devices. How much can it be costing them?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 11:31 AM
    I don't think that TCL will succeed with BlackBerry brand, at least not for now. Lenovo could be the next partner if BlackBerry provides fast software updates. Or BlackBerry will be the next IBM-like company.

Posted through my  Z30
    No Lenovo has a strong brand, actually two strong bands. They don't need to license a brand.
    03-04-17 12:27 PM
    No Lenovo has a strong brand, actually two strong bands. They don't need to license a brand.
    It is only a possibility, not a guarantee. It is also possible that BlackBerry will be acquired by Samsung.. someday. Once again, it is just my personal prediction. Neither a wish nor an analysis result.

Posted through my  Z30
    03-04-17 03:55 PM