I've been limiting use of vibration mode to when my phone is in my hand, holster, or pocket, the reason being I'm not sure if it's good to leave it on a solid surface while on this setting. What's your experience? Is it okay to leave a BlackBerry on a table buzzing away?
    11-06-11 02:50 PM
    I only have vibration mode enabled when the BB is in the leather holster.
    Otherwise its the Classic Phone RIngtone from OS 5.
    11-06-11 02:59 PM
    I usually use silent profile when my device is not in the holster, but I have BerryBuzz, so I know what kind of messages I get just from seeing the LED.
    11-06-11 03:07 PM
    Neither one of those really answered your question, but I have always had my BB phones and or just about any phone that had that feature and never once had an issue with them.

Just be careful if you leave it on the edge when it goes off, some have stronger vibrations than others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 03:17 PM
    Come Christmas I've been a BlackBerry user for 3 years. I have always used only vibration mode. The only time my phone rings is in bedside mode in the middle of the night (I love those late night drunken calls from friends). I never have used a holster and rarely use a case (only for barhopping).

I have never had any issues whatsoever with longevity or anything of the sort. I always treat my phones well, but do leave them vibrating on all sorts of hard surfaces.

As was said above though, be careful not to leave it on the edge of a table, that's how I got my first scratch on my 9530...
    11-06-11 04:10 PM
    ^Good practical advice to keep in mind. Thanks!
    11-06-11 04:14 PM
    Okay, does anyone use vibration mode in the charging cradle?
    11-19-11 03:05 PM
    Okay, does anyone use vibration mode in the charging cradle?
    Why for what reason?? When I place my BB in the charging cradle I turn it off and charge it. Am I missing the purpose of the cradle, If it is that low I don't care if I get calls or text or emails that whole maybe 30 mins or less it takes to charge my phone. Then I take it out and use it again but vib in the charging cradle, I just don't get it?? Sorry.
    11-19-11 04:12 PM
    Why for what reason?? When I place my BB in the charging cradle I turn it off and charge it. Am I missing the purpose of the cradle, If it is that low I don't care if I get calls or text or emails that whole maybe 30 mins or less it takes to charge my phone. Then I take it out and use it again but vib in the charging cradle, I just don't get it?? Sorry.
    Don't be sorry. That's just your pattern of usage. I leave my Bold ON when it's in the cradle (while I'm sleeping), and I was just wondering if the vibration would interrupt or otherwise impede the charging process. I mean could it cause the BlackBerry to fall out and hit the deck?
    11-19-11 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD