I know only my fellow crackberries would understand and appreciate this for what it is!!!

For the past few days my phone has been displaying an "Uncaught Exception" error message each time I reboot via quickpull or do a battery pull. This exception appeared to be causing my call log not to do it's job which is log my calls Anyways, I did some searching on here and found a few helpful threads. One said I could reboot and start my phone in safe mode by holding down the escape key while it reboots if the error message didn't reappear then it was because of an app or theme I recently installed. Well it showed up. CRAP! So I searched some more and found that most people were having to wipe their device and start new....

WIPE MY DEVICE?! Crap I DID NOT want to do this. Even though I've updated my OS and all these other things I just KNEW I'd somehow fudge up my backup and be screwed. Well the story gets better. I am moving out of my house in the college town I live in to move home with my parents. I'm going into the military and my parents place is rent free!! YAY! Yesterday I took a few boxes to my parents place, including the box my phone came in. In that box is my usb cord. Apparently I have been not returning my friends and families calls because if they didn't leave a message I didn't know they called! They were not happy. Now here I am needing to wipe my device and backup all my data with no USB cord. Do you know guys know how many people in Troy, AL have a blackberry? Tons.. You know how many own a Storm.. not so much, like 3 people...including myself. I called the two I know and of course they are both out of town and won't be back til Friday. I decided to go to the recently opened Verizon store in town (we just got this store about 3 months ago) and told the rep exactly what I needed. He was really nice, stared at my phone for a min and asked again what error I was getting. I told him, again and that I left my USB at my parents house. He proceeds to stare at my phone, asks if I have a backup on my computer and then smiles. He hands me my phone and says he'll be right back. He goes to the back and comes out with a USB cord!! He says today is your lucky day! And gives me the cord. I was like um..wow.. thanks! I promise to return it! He just smiles and says ok.

So Backing up my data and 3rd party apps was scary enough but wiping my device and waiting for it to restore my have been the scariest thing I've ever done. The white screen lingered forever it seems and I was convinced I had screwed up my phone. Turns out, I didn't!! WHOO!! Thank you critical_x I think that's his name.. great poster..has a few how to do tip stickies.. Awesome!

Well the store closes in like 45 mins, I should go and return the USB cord now that my phone is fixed!
    06-16-09 05:19 PM
    Wow, congrats on getting it to work!
    It would REALLY suck to loose a bunch of contacts and important data .. but lucky you!
    06-16-09 05:52 PM
    So after all that, you didn't mention if your uncaught exception error went away.

Also, I don't think the guy is expecting you to return the usb cord.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 06:07 PM
    So after all that, you didn't mention if your uncaught exception error went away.

Also, I don't think the guy is expecting you to return the usb cord.

Lol.. I guess i was so excited that I failed to mention that in the my original post. And yes the error is gone! YAY!
    And believe it or not, I did return the cord..he was surprised ha!
    06-16-09 06:24 PM
    Well that is good that you were able to fix it.

06-16-09 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD