been trying to look for a long time but is there anyway to log blackberry messenger messages?
    06-02-08 03:45 PM
    To the best of my knowledge, no there is not.
    06-02-08 03:47 PM
    Either during your convo or BEFORE you end hit menu and then copy. Close BBM
    Open an email address, give the email a title, scoll down to where you would type a message and click paste. Now you can send it to yourself or just save it as a draft.

Not sure if that will work using memo pad (that thought just popped into my head)
    06-02-08 04:04 PM
    Either during your convo or BEFORE you end hit menu and then copy. Close BBM
    Open an email address, give the email a title, scoll down to where you would type a message and click paste. Now you can send it to yourself or just save it as a draft.

Not sure if that will work using memo pad (that thought just popped into my head)
    Just tried that, it will paste in Memo Pad.
    06-02-08 04:08 PM
    Just tried that, it will paste in Memo Pad.
    Excellent, Thanks for the heads up. I don't know why I never thought of that until just now. Gotta do it the hard way I guess
    06-02-08 04:19 PM
    Excellent, Thanks for the heads up. I don't know why I never thought of that until just now. Gotta do it the hard way I guess
    Ha! I never think of the obvious easy ways first, I'm just glad you had the idea cause I'd just been sending myself emails!
    06-02-08 04:23 PM
    been trying to look for a long time but is there anyway to log blackberry messenger messages?
    Right now Blackberry messenger can only be logged if you have BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) and have one of those packages. As for third party solutions no....reason being BlackBerry Messenger is encrypted. My company is working on a solution we are almost finished in becoming a BlackBerry Alliance Partner and maybe we will work out a way to get the proper information so people can have the ability to log their BlackBerry Messenger chats. But we can do SMS logging as of yet. Hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Barrett
    06-03-08 10:28 AM
    Saving bbm conversations in memo pad is a good idea, just make sure it's not too long. Memopad will cut off part of the convo if its too long. I've hit the limit plenty of times...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-08 10:32 AM
    damn i was kinda hoping someone knew a trick or a 3rd party program
    06-05-08 02:34 PM
    Can I change the word limit for memopad?
    07-01-08 08:35 PM
    Hmm I don't think you can change the word limit. It would be nice if u could cause sometimes I have really long convos I would love to save lol.

Kaz where are u baby

07-03-08 11:06 AM
    Right now Blackberry messenger can only be logged if you have BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) and have one of those packages. As for third party solutions no....reason being BlackBerry Messenger is encrypted. My company is working on a solution we are almost finished in becoming a BlackBerry Alliance Partner and maybe we will work out a way to get the proper information so people can have the ability to log their BlackBerry Messenger chats. But we can do SMS logging as of yet. Hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Barrett
    I have BES. How do I log a BB messenger?? Thanks.
    07-05-08 05:58 PM
    Or, is there a way to select and copy half of the blackberry messenger message at a time? ANy time I select copy and paste the "field full" message appears and, I only seem to be able to select the entire message or one piece of the conversation at a time.

Hope this makes sense.
    07-05-08 06:02 PM
    What i've been doing in this case is just what "AG" said earlier.
    Copy/Paste into a eMail. I do this every 10mins or so.

When i'm all done, i eMail it to my computer.

Just remember... After you copy a Convo's History (segment) into a eMail, go back to BBM --> Menu --> click "Clear History"
    Now your set for the Next Copy Session w/ in that Conversation...!

No "field full" issues either...!
    07-06-08 01:44 AM
    I have found it much easier to copy bbm to email that way I can email a copy to whomever I was bbming and also archive the message via email.

07-06-08 02:09 AM
    Great advice for the future but I still need to archive this conversation and it is much too long. Is there no way to select and copy more than one side of the conversation at a time (other than copy history)?????

The conversation has to be stored somewhere on my blackberry.......can I not copy from the storage file some how????
    07-06-08 02:00 PM
    but I am already past the word limit for an email or memopad so I need to copy the second half of the conversation??????
    07-06-08 03:41 PM
    If the conversation is too long to simply 'copy history' then the simplest thing to do is copy history and then paste to the notes section of a new task. This avoids the use of memopad or email which both have word limits. You can then cut and paste smaller sections of the pasted section into memopad or email.

Else, save history as you go.
    07-07-08 04:59 AM
    If the conversation is too long to simply 'copy history' then the simplest thing to do is copy history and then paste to the notes section of a new task. This avoids the use of memopad or email which both have word limits. You can then cut and paste smaller sections of the pasted section into memopad or email.

Else, save history as you go.
    Braindigger is absolutely right!

I periodically get a little--um--carried away in my messenger conversations and forget to save them off to emails before the history gets too long. The email option at least allows me more characters than notepad does, but still not enough in some cases...the last half (or more) of the conversation was getting chopped off when I pasted in the email.

I tried Braindigger's suggestion of saving it as a note in a task to get around the apparent character limit, and it works!! The entire conversation made it into the task note. Since I am running BES, it showed up as a task in my Outlook on my desktop, which I was then able to save off as an .rtf for posterity.

Thanks again, Braindigger!
    10-22-08 08:57 PM
    I can't wait till DexRex gets BBM support (and hopefully WLM support for BBs)...I use it for my SMSes and WLM on my laptop and it's so handy to have that online archive...I hate archiving to my computer cause anyone could just read my convos. DexRex is deffinitely one of my fave apps!

10-22-08 09:42 PM
    If you don't want to email, and go the memo pad route, I use BBNotePad- It's a good alternative to Memo Pad, it allows you to save to sd card, and to my knowledge, there is no limit.

Here:

BBNotePad Home
    10-23-08 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD