Hi,

I have an Android phone, for which I can get push email from my work by simply entering in my domain, server, and username.

My friend who works with me has a Blackberry, but isn't connected to the company's BES server. Having previously had a Blackberry at another company, I'd found that you can bypass BES and just click through the BIS setup process until the menu allows you to choose pop/imap or Exchange, and then you enter the username, domain, server, etc - just like on my Android. Problem is, I can't get this to work on the Blackberry. I'm using all the correct information, it simply won't log in.

I'm sure someone will say that the network is secure, but since I can access push email on my Android and Ipad without any additional certs, why can't I make my Blackberry do the same? Thoughts?
    11-10-11 10:42 PM
    11-10-11 10:45 PM
    As mentioned in my OP, I did all of this. The server I use in my android is "[email protected]" ... Blackberry won't accept that because it's neither OWA, nor a web address. On my Android, I know it requires me to select activesync and SSL. So I tried putting in: "https://[email protected]"... that still didn't work.

The only part I left off was the inbox name in the blackberry setup. I just entered in something generic and figured the phone would find the inbox on its own, given that it already has my u/n, password, domain, and server.

Any suggestions?
    11-10-11 10:53 PM
    Bump. Can anyone help me? I'm being told by colleagues that the only way to get polled or pushed corporate email is through BES. But with Iphones and Android, it's easy to access the server without Enterprise access.

Thoughts?
    11-11-11 12:43 PM
    Bump. Can anyone help me? I'm being told by colleagues that the only way to get polled or pushed corporate email is through BES. But with Iphones and Android, it's easy to access the server without Enterprise access.

Thoughts?
    BlackBerry does not support Exchange Active Sync. Android and iPhone do. If your work email account is not OWA, you will need BES.
    11-11-11 12:56 PM
    BlackBerry does not support Exchange Active Sync. Android and iPhone do. If your work email account is not OWA, you will need BES.
    There is an OWA extranet server I can use to access my email. Does that count? I use that as the server address, but it's not working.
    11-11-11 01:09 PM
    You need to have a true external OWA URL address.
    11-11-11 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD