Is there some way to properly log and email or otherwise preserve onto a PC the message log of an IM conversation? With any IM tool on the blackberry, on an ongoing basis?

None of them have logging options. The way I'm doing it now is to do Copy History in BB Messenger and email it, but it has to be done in snippets with frequent history clearing in order to fit within the email limits.
    Last edited by minsc_tdp; 01-07-08 at 12:11 AM.
    01-07-08 12:09 AM
    http://beejive.com allows you to log all IM conversations, also allows for emailing conversations.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 01-07-08 at 12:30 AM.
    01-07-08 12:27 AM
    I use JiveTalk also and it does allow logging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-08 12:50 AM
    Thanks a lot! I didn't expect a response and just tried setting up the trial software of QuickIM which has a corporate server (which I tried to quickly set up on my home machine) but had trouble getting the client to connect to it. Will try the JiveTalk. THANKS A MILLION!
    01-07-08 12:54 AM
    Followup, I just tried it and it says "The application JiveTalk $2dBlackberry$2dpearl has attempted to open an connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy". I tried setting the permissons to full Allow to no effect. Thoughts? Is this a T-Mobile thing?

Nevermind, it was a firewall issue, disabled it, fixed!
    Last edited by minsc_tdp; 01-07-08 at 01:13 AM.
    01-07-08 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD