Hey guys just a quick question: what's the best way to load a new oS. Through DM,Pc,BBSAK and why you think so...ok I have two questions....can you delete an old oS off of DM and if so HOW!!!! THANK 4 UR HELP

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 07:00 PM
    What you want to do is

1) download and install your new OS first.
    2) Go into your control panel and make sure you only have one os installed on your pc
    3) Back up your phone via DM.
    4) Close DM and go to: C:/ > Program Files (x86) > Common Files > Research in Motion > apploader
    5) delete vendor.xml and run loader.exe

The x86 is only for 64-bit systems. You don't need to delete the old os off the phone itself as when it updates the new os it will aauto wipe the phone.
    11-30-10 07:06 PM
    What you want to do is

1) download and install your new OS first.
    2) Go into your control panel and make sure you only have one os installed on your pc
    3) Back up your phone via DM.
    4) Close DM and go to: C:/ > Program Files (x86) > Common Files > Research in Motion > apploader
    5) delete vendor.xml and run loader.exe

The x86 is only for 64-bit systems. You don't need to delete the old os off the phone itself as when it updates the new os it will aauto wipe the phone.
    That's the procedure I always used, except I tended to wipe it myself but when you do that, you have to reinstall your backups and so forth, plus it automatically wipes when you run apploader anyway.
    11-30-10 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD