I have been living in Indonesia for 5 months, its an amazing place especially if your fan of blackberry. The country is rapidly developing and has a very large tech savvy young population. So I would like to share a few insights from my time here as a �Bule� in the land of blackberry.

BBM usage here is unreal no matter what the smartphone the person is rocking they are usually hooked onto bbm. Unless someone owns a feature phone or android device that can�t upgrade to 4.0.

Various android devices makers heavily advertise BBM in print, billboards and television. For example check out this commercial which airs quite frequently on television.

Many businesses have bbm pins written on their cards and adversities on posters and vehicles. For instance my hotel, laundry guy and hair salon all have pins.

That being said the instant messaging completion is fierce. Kako Talk is attempting to buy customers by partnering with places like McDonalds to promote their messenger. While Line and wechat (which I now love) have adverts everywhere. As a side note wechat features are awesome I hope the bbm team is taking note.
    Living in Blackberry Heaven.. Indonesia-img_00001456.jpg
    Nonetheless when it comes to reliability, bbm is the messenger of choice, This was most evident when I was outside an airport waiting for a friend�s plane to arrive. Every single device around me whether a tablet or smartphone was on bbm.

Blackberry 10

Blackberry 10 sales seem to be going quite well here. I haven�t seen any actual sales figures, nonetheless I see BB10 devices daily.. mostly q10s followed by z10s and the odd q5s.

Living in Blackberry Heaven.. Indonesia-img-20131129-00073.jpg

Indonesian App Developers have not hesitated to port their android apps over to bb10 or create one natively. I would say the whole region in general have been supportive of Blackberry 10. There are big name apps like Air Asia and little useful ones like Singapore�s� Changi Airport,. As well companies here often promote their apps by placing the blackberry world logo before Apple or Google play.

Anyways I�m on a prepaid blackberry 10 plan that costs $ 5.6 USA a month and strangely I only paid once and worked ever since that�s 5 months for 5 bucks� love this country.

Living in Blackberry Heaven.. Indonesia-img_00000288.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Living in Blackberry Heaven.. Indonesia-paketunlimited_bb_10-axis.jpg  
    01-27-14 09:53 PM
    Cool.. and yup.. outstanding that with all this happening, Bbm is still the selling point for android phones. Lol

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    01-27-14 09:59 PM
    Very cool, great pics too!!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 10:01 PM
    In Latin America and the Caribbean BlackBerry also still has a very good following. Germany Australia still very good as well

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 10:01 PM
    That does sound like heaven......

India was like this 2-3 years ago. I remember the iPhone craze had begun in the West and it was still too expensive to be popular here. Then suddenly my whole country got rich and now everybody has a iPhone or some Samsung ****.

And I just dumped my Curve 8520 months ago!

<singing> I won't give up, on, us.</singing>

Channel for BlackBerry users in India :- C004A271F
    Sweetpea Apichat likes this.
    01-27-14 10:03 PM
    Yeah my country BlackBerry nation

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 10:03 PM
    Really nice to know that BB is still loved in some places.
    01-27-14 10:10 PM
    Australia used to have good BlackBerry support and quite an active marketing team.
    However things have changed and they're now virtually non-existent. The @BlackBerry_AU account was abandoned and the Facebook page hasn't been updated since September 2013.
    01-27-14 10:24 PM
    If only BlackBerry sells their Z10s here in Indonesia at $200, it's going to boom. Many people will jump the ship immediately from legacy devices. Legacy devices cost around $180-200, so people would definitely get Z10 at $200 instead of legacy devices. Hope Jakarta fits that price range, and we'll see how it goes.
    01-27-14 10:32 PM
    Good to see!
    01-27-14 10:37 PM
    It's nice to see BlackBerry's promotion in at least one country

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    01-27-14 10:47 PM
    Blackberry is rising!
    01-27-14 11:00 PM
    Its good to see that at least in some regions BB is still relevant
    01-27-14 11:12 PM
    This is awesome! Love the Baliberry pic, haha...but what is it? Underwear?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 11:25 PM
    This is awesome! Love the Baliberry pic, haha...but what is it? Underwear?

Posted via CB10
    T'shirt I guess

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 11:30 PM
    Amazing thread. Thanks for the video and photos. What a contrast. I knew Indonesia was a great market only because Mr. Chen was talking about the latest BlackBerry device being launched there. Sitting here across the world, this really puts some perspective on it though. If only North America had this enthusiasm. Still hoping. Anyway, thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 11:33 PM
    I have been living in Indonesia for 5 months, its an amazing place especially if your fan of blackberry. The country is rapidly developing and has a very large tech savvy young population. So I would like to share a few insights from my time here as a �Bule� in the land of blackberry.

BBM usage here is unreal no matter what the smartphone the person is rocking they are usually hooked onto bbm. Unless someone owns a feature phone or android device that can�t upgrade to 4.0.

Various android devices makers heavily advertise BBM in print, billboards and television. For example check out this commercial which airs quite frequently on television.

Many businesses have bbm pins written on their cards and adversities on posters and vehicles. For instance my hotel, laundry guy and hair salon all have pins.

That being said the instant messaging completion is fierce. Kako Talk is attempting to buy customers by partnering with places like McDonalds to promote their messenger. While Line and wechat (which I now love) have adverts everywhere. As a side note wechat features are awesome I hope the bbm team is taking note.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001456.jpg 
Views:	1135 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	242336
    Nonetheless when it comes to reliability, bbm is the messenger of choice, This was most evident when I was outside an airport waiting for a friend�s plane to arrive. Every single device around me whether a tablet or smartphone was on bbm.

Blackberry 10

Blackberry 10 sales seem to be going quite well here. I haven�t seen any actual sales figures, nonetheless I see BB10 devices daily.. mostly q10s followed by z10s and the odd q5s.

Name:	IMG-20131129-00073.jpg 
Views:	1133 
Size:	235.1 KB 
ID:	242320

Anyways I�m on a prepaid blackberry 10 plan that costs $ 5.6 USA a month and strangely I only paid once and worked ever since that�s 5 months for 5 bucks� love this country.

Name:	IMG_00000288.jpg 
Views:	1129 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	242337
    Hey I didn't know Axis have that prepaid plan lol !
    Yeah every vendor put bbm on their ad now, even Samsung!
    01-27-14 11:39 PM
    Blackberry is rising!
    nope they are not.....BB has lose their top position in indonesia to Samsung in 1st, andromax in 2nd, while Lenovo, LG

most developers in here support BBOS not BB10, it is hard to find local apps for BB10 phone, while there are plenty to choose for Googleplay, app store, BlackBerry world (BBOS)

BB10 sales in here not as bad as other country...but you can see, right now there are more samsung phone than BB phone.

but yeah BBM is still the number one mobile chat apps in here...many other platform phone including samsung and apple put BBM available on their ads.
    01-27-14 11:49 PM
    Agreed, all my indo friends are rocking BBM even though they own Android phones. Amazing country indeed. (Just realised this is my 1000th post. Feels like an achievement, lol)
    01-28-14 12:20 AM
    Wow? Amazing how "garnot" got all that from "BlackBerry is rising". I took it as hope for the future. Conversation around your dinner table must be stressful. Just guessing of course.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 12:30 AM
    Its not that everyone got rich, it was the EMI option they launched for iPhones here. But I still hate iPhone/ Samsung

That does sound like heaven......

India was like this 2-3 years ago. I remember the iPhone craze had begun in the West and it was still too expensive to be popular here. Then suddenly my whole country got rich and now everybody has a iPhone or some Samsung ****.

And I just dumped my Curve 8520 months ago!

<singing> I won't give up, on, us.</singing>

01-28-14 12:41 AM
    in indonesia use TELKOMSEL make BBM video call can't use..
    01-28-14 01:07 AM
    Goes to show you that software is King

Zed30
    01-28-14 01:57 AM
    Its not that everyone got rich, it was the EMI option they launched for iPhones here. But I still hate iPhone/ Samsung
    Yup I know, I was just kidding around. EMI really helped the iPhone launch to the sky here.

After the iPad, I was obsessed with Apple for quite a bit too. Then iOS 7 released and I realised these guys aren't going to get anything right ever again.

Thank god for BB10!

Varun Luthra likes this.
    01-28-14 02:39 AM
    Still i choose blackberry its durable and a mobile friendly user
    01-28-14 02:46 AM
36 12