I am just testing this beta version of LiveTracker for BlackBerry which does not support Twitter. The program picks connects to the BlackBerry's GPS, picks up the current location and sends it to a server. Buddies, friends or bosses can then see my current location on the web using a desktop or BlackBerry browser:

I can now also update my Twitter status with the GPS location link with one click:

Don't want to make too much advertisement for this here. I just like the app, so if someone here wants to check it: it is free

LiveTracker Free Beta Download
    05-04-09 02:04 AM
    I'm not able to get this to work on my Storm, anyone have luck?
    05-06-09 07:46 AM
    it works well on mine. what's the problem? the GPS fix does not come up?
    05-06-09 09:07 AM
    Correct, but I get a GPS fix fine in Google Maps, Where, Poynt, etc...
    05-06-09 12:42 PM
    I uninstalled, battery pulled, and reinstalled... still just stuck on "Searching for satellites", but InstaMapper works fine along with the other apps I mentioned before. I checked the permissions also, and all are set to allow.
    05-06-09 04:51 PM
    I really don't what your problem is, sorry. It just works on my Bold. No problems, nothing to set up, just click the icon and the coordinates come up ... Sorry mate.
    05-07-09 04:29 AM
    This work in the background ?
    05-07-09 04:34 AM
    Ah you're using a Bold, I was trying to see if anyone else has a Storm that they got this to work on.

I really don't what your problem is, sorry. It just works on my Bold. No problems, nothing to set up, just click the icon and the coordinates come up ... Sorry mate.
    05-07-09 07:09 AM
    not here : sits saying "gps fix receiving".

Another app not working on the storm is seems. Sigh.
    05-09-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD