Does anyone know of a good and easy to use app that will install on the BlackBerry and allow someone on a PC to track the phone using GPS on Google Maps (or another good mapping application)? I will need the tracking to be "live" or every 5 seconds or so. I can't have something that just updates every 1 minute or more.
    Thanks
    04-29-10 08:50 PM
    InstaMapper has an small app that loads onto your BB. It has the ability to track your location within a few seconds (although I think it bursts the data to their server in 30-second intervals). You can turn on paths and it will show your travel path on the web map. You can even save your tracks through their website.

You get two keys. One is for the BB app to record/transmit data. The other is the viewing key. You give the url to anyone you want viewing your location and they can then see your travel info.

I don't know if it is exactly what you are looking for, but it is free and works pretty well. It has a cache option as well, so if you get a phone call, it will send the cached data once the call ends.
    04-30-10 08:11 AM
    You can also use the Latitude feature of Google Maps and use iGoogle on a PC to track the location, assuming the phone user logs into latitude.
    04-30-10 08:51 AM
    InstaMapper has an small app that loads onto your BB. It has the ability to track your location within a few seconds (although I think it bursts the data to their server in 30-second intervals). You can turn on paths and it will show your travel path on the web map. You can even save your tracks through their website.

You get two keys. One is for the BB app to record/transmit data. The other is the viewing key. You give the url to anyone you want viewing your location and they can then see your travel info.

I don't know if it is exactly what you are looking for, but it is free and works pretty well. It has a cache option as well, so if you get a phone call, it will send the cached data once the call ends.

Excellent! Thank you so much. I just gave it a try and it works great.
    04-30-10 09:12 AM
    I love the latitude feature a lot easier than having to tell the girlfriend where i am every 15 minutes
    05-01-10 04:11 PM
    I love the latitude feature a lot easier than having to tell the girlfriend where i am every 15 minutes
    That's what I like about Latitude. Saves on my txt message plan too.
    05-03-10 08:54 PM
    Where can i get latitude?
    06-26-10 10:19 AM
    Where can i get latitude?
    Latitude is built into Google Maps - it is a Layer that you can activate.
    06-26-10 10:42 AM
    Google Latitude

i like Google Latitude!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD