Background: I'm a blackberry user of 4 or 5 years through my work. I've always enjoyed the devices, but have never really looked into 3rd party apps until now, so please bear with me.

Problem: My blackberry operates through my company's BES and utilizes MS Exchange. What is the best way for me to download 3rd party apps, such as the new PocketMac, which is of interest to me because I use a Mac at home?

Can I download software apps to my work pc's hard-drive and connect via usb and update my device to get the new apps on there?

Also, I have no idea what version OS system I have. Although I use Curve (8330), where can I locate the OS?

Thanks for your help crackberry world!
    08-14-08 11:26 AM
    Problem: My blackberry operates through my company's BES and utilizes MS Exchange. What is the best way for me to download 3rd party apps, such as the new PocketMac, which is of interest to me because I use a Mac at home?

Can I download software apps to my work pc's hard-drive and connect via usb and update my device to get the new apps on there?

Also, I have no idea what version OS system I have. Although I use Curve (8330), where can I locate the OS?

Thanks for your help crackberry world!
    1. Hard to say, depends on the restrictions your company's IT dept. has placed on the device.
    2. I would *not* recommend doing that without the permission of your IT dept.
    3. Go to Options, then Status, it will tell you your current OS version there.

Hope this helps!
    08-14-08 11:37 AM
    I will suggest that you contact your I.T. dept. before attempting to do so. They will know what you are trying to do and it could get you in trouble. Some corporate companies are more strict than others. As for the second question, go to options, then scroll down to status. You want to look at free file and it should be higher than 12,xxx,xxx. If it is lower than that you have a memory issue and need to address...
    08-14-08 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD