Good afternoon / morning.

I was going to post this in the storm forum but ill be honest, i dont really wonna get flamed for a simple question.

I joined CB getting my first blackberry, the storm. And just like the rest i want something thats worth paying �60 a month for. I love blackberrys and im wanting to stick with it. Im one of these that always look for the future. "The new update coming soon, it will make my storm better" senario.

Im abit fed up of it now and just want a more reliable Blackberry and im going to ring up vodafone and try my arm in getting a different model. Exchanging it etc.

I dont know anything about any of the other blackberries and this is what voda offer. The Pearl, bold and curve. Which one is the best. I cant wait for the new phones coming out because i will have to cancel my contract and pay for that. Which will be about �600.00.

Thanks guys

Joe.
    05-20-09 08:02 AM
    The bold is a bigger version of the curve essentially. It has a larger screen and keyboard layout. The Bold is an amazing device, that appears to be stable and have less problems then many face with the storm, but that doesnt guarentee you will be problem free.

Out of the options, the bold is more current then the curve, but personally i like the feel of the curve more then the bold.
    05-20-09 08:07 AM
    I'd say go with the Bold on the Cruve. Both are pretty solid models.
    05-20-09 08:09 AM
    IMO Bold is the best in the range, unless size and weight are more important than features and usability. Coming from a Storm you will be suitably impressed with the reliability and performance.
    05-20-09 08:18 AM
    Before i select the bold im going to ask if Vodafone know if they getting any of the new BB's worth a try. Doubt they will tell me but hey.

I just rang them, and their is no way i can change the handset. I dont even mind paying but i dont want to PAY for the end of contract.

Anyone been able to get around this ?

thanks
    05-21-09 02:44 AM
    Before i select the bold im going to ask if Vodafone know if they getting any of the new BB's worth a try. Doubt they will tell me but hey.

I just rang them, and their is no way i can change the handset. I don't even mind paying but i dont want to PAY for the end of contract.

Anyone been able to get around this ?

thanks
    I had a similar problem, I had the BB curve 8310 and wanted to upgrade to the bold, I rang T-Mobile UK up and asked about upgrading.

They told me I would have to wait 6 months before I could upgrade. So in the end I took out a second 18 month contract out and got my bold for free, then I changed the contract I had on the curve to the lowest tarrif I could.

I pay around �40 pm for the Bold and around �17 for the curve. So the total is less than �60 pm (that is less than what you are paying now for one phone).

It might be worth ringing them up and see if they will let you do a similar thing.

Regards

Chris

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 03:41 AM
    I had a similar problem, I had the BB curve 8310 and wanted to upgrade to the bold, I rang T-Mobile UK up and asked about upgrading.

They told me I would have to wait 6 months before I could upgrade. So in the end I took out a second 18 month contract out and got my bold for free, then I changed the contract I had on the curve to the lowest tarrif I could.

I pay around �40 pm for the Bold and around �17 for the curve. So the total is less than �60 pm (that is less than what you are paying now for one phone).

It might be worth ringing them up and see if they will let you do a similar thing.

Regards

Chris

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think thats what im going to have to do. Voda keep passing me about left rigth and centre. So then im told i have to phone cancellations. Damn they want to keep me been on the phone for 34mins on hold. Gave in.

Cheese and onion sandwich time
    05-21-09 05:04 AM
    I suppose you could buy a Bold or Curve from Ebay and sell the Storm on Ebay, that way you will at least get some money back and will avoid the need to change your contract.

I am currently waiting for my contract renewal date in September before changing phones. As I wanted to try BB, I bought a 8800 from Ebay at �50 and am running that at the moment. I swapped my unliomited WEb for Unlimited BB, Works very well and I prefer it to my previous XDA Ignito
    05-21-09 05:28 AM
    You can get a brand new unlocked Bold on eBay for about �250.
    05-21-09 05:45 AM
    i have an 8900 but i would tell you to go BOLD.
    05-21-09 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD