no i wondered about that earlier when you asked i had to go to connection settings to find that. bottom left corner says SERVER STATUS:Unavailable
    Server Status Unavailable????

Are you sure you are not on a BES system? A laptop issued by your work place with IS department loaded software?
    03-21-09 08:45 PM
    I've found on my storm that if you press and hold the BB button it brings up a list of open apps, and you can switch easily between the open ones without having to back out of them
    03-21-09 08:45 PM
    nope, my own personal laptop. Don't have a work one thank God
    03-21-09 08:48 PM
    it shows to the right of server status: unavailable
    Device connected (pin)and then my pin number in blue
    The fact that your PIN number shows in DM proves that the USB port is working and that you have the proper USB drivers on your laptop.

You should be getting a pop-up window on your BB when you connect it to your PC.

So, with the BB on, take out your battery and wait 30 secs, reinstall battery and after it boots back up connect it to your laptop again. You should see the pop-up window, anwer Yes to enable Mass Storage Mode.
    03-21-09 08:52 PM
    okay, I'll give it a shot. Win or Lose thanks for all your help
    03-21-09 08:55 PM
    sorry xliderider no go
    03-21-09 08:58 PM
    have a question. when i click on bberry device mgr i get a screen showing USB such and such with my PIN number---connected and below that COM 3 disabled Mean anything?
    03-21-09 09:01 PM
    Try setting the Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected from Prompt to Yes. Save.

Then connect to the PC.

Now can you see the BB as a removable drive?
    03-21-09 09:07 PM
    have a question. when i click on bberry device mgr i get a screen showing USB such and such with my PIN number---connected and below that COM 3 disabled Mean anything?
    Now we're getting somewhere... are there any options to enable, or select a different port?
    03-21-09 09:09 PM
    that did not work either
    03-21-09 09:10 PM
    The device has built in memory you can save a few files too (not recommended) No matter what you do, you can't access that memory as a mounted drive in windows, you need roxio media manager. If you put in a media card, this is the only thing mass storage mode effects.... When its enabled, the media card acts as a mounted drive, like a G: Drive, and is visible in windows..... As well as roxio, where you would see both...
    03-21-09 09:10 PM
    i can click on the one that says disabled and try clicking configure
    03-21-09 09:11 PM
    Trem, pkcable said that MSM can access the device memory too, but I thought, like you that only Roxio MM could access device memory.
    03-21-09 09:14 PM
    Trem, pkcable said that MSM can access the device memory too, but I thought, like you that only Roxio MM could access device memory.
    I take him at his word he's a smart fella, it would be news to me

I know windows will not recognize it without a card in mass storage mode - not here at least.....
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-21-09 at 09:19 PM.
    03-21-09 09:16 PM
    I take him at his word he's a smart fella, it would be news to me

I know windows wont recognize it without a card in mass storage mode - not here at least.....
    Are we bashing our heads on the wall for nothing? So it's either use Roxio, or use a media card?
    03-21-09 09:19 PM
    Well.... I have not read through this whole thread but I can only say no media card, no win recognition - Roxio only.. Insert a card and its fair game. In an effort to lessen my chances of looking foolish I took my card out, as suspected windows will not recognize it. Installed it again, all was good.. Again this is with the Curve - Bold I know would be different I suspect since it has that one gig on board ...
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-21-09 at 09:23 PM.
    03-21-09 09:21 PM
    so tell me how/what to do to install roxio. I went to control panel/prgrms and found a bunch of roxio programs. Maybe something got deleted, idon't know. All I know is I am now officially past the 48 hour mark of trying to restore this thing. It's my own fault, but the frustration is building
    03-21-09 09:23 PM
    You know what I am thinking. Maybe PK was confused since he is a Storm owner? I believe the Storm/Bold have the 1g so maybe no card would be necessary to access it in Windows Or I am dead wrong.....
    03-21-09 09:26 PM
    so tell me how/what to do to install roxio. I went to control panel/prgrms and found a bunch of roxio programs. Maybe something got deleted, idon't know. All I know is I am now officially past the 48 hour mark of trying to restore this thing. It's my own fault, but the frustration is building
    You can download DM 4.6 with Roxio here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

But before you do, use Control Panel's Add/Remove programs to remove your current Desktop Software and anything with Roxio in it.
    03-21-09 09:29 PM
    How many pics are you going to download to your BB's memory? If they are large files, or a lot, then you could be getting into low memory problems after loading them.
    03-21-09 09:31 PM
    no, there aren't that many. Just have sentimental value. BTW how many is a lot?
    03-21-09 09:38 PM
    I looked at a few I have on my folder and mind you it will depend on the picture (size etc etc) 11 of my pics was 690kb - not a whole lot of space of course but if your "just a few" is 100 this could be an issue.......
    03-21-09 09:41 PM
    rider...which do i want? 4.6 English WITH media player???
    Well, you can look at your file free memory available on your BB. Options > Status. Then look at the size of all the pics you want to load on your BB. Then subtract from the file free, and if you get close to 12 XXX XXX bytes, then it will cause problems on your BB because the memory would be low.
    rider...which do i want? 4.6 English WITH media player???
    Yes 4.6 with media manager..
    03-21-09 09:42 PM
199 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD