So after having my bberry for a few months and enjoying it I committed the mortal sin. I went to download the new ATT os and did not back up my phone.
    Lost everything
    So, after hours of work and a brand new vocabulary, I think I have found most everything I need, except those things that are gone forever.
    One thing I can't figure out. I used to get my sms messages only under one icon and my emails under another. I now receive them both under each icon instead of seperately. Can someone remind me on how to seperate them again? Thanks in advance
    03-21-09 02:15 PM
    Messsages > Menu > Options > General > SMS and Email Inboxes: set this to separate.
    03-21-09 02:19 PM
    this is why I love this site. In fact the site is better that the bberry itself. Everyone is willing to help and help is always one post away. Thanks a lot sunkast
    03-21-09 02:27 PM
    Come to think of it I have one other question. Say for instance I'm in my web browser and i receive a text or email mess. Is there a way to retrieve the mess. without backing all the way out of whatever I am in? Kind of like minimizing a window on a computer? Just seems annoying that I have to close something all the way out to retrieve a mess that turns out to be not that important!!
    03-21-09 02:56 PM
    Yes, hold the Alt key, press the Back key and scroll to your messages icon, release the Alt key. This will open your messages. When done, repeat, scroll to Browser icon.
    03-21-09 02:58 PM
    Menu > Switch Application then select the home screen.
    03-21-09 02:59 PM
    this is why I love this site. In fact the site is better that the bberry itself. Everyone is willing to help and help is always one post away. Thanks a lot sunkast
    Indeed. That is why this site is amazing.
    03-21-09 03:00 PM
    So many things to learn...so little time. thx xliderider
    03-21-09 03:02 PM
    So many things to learn...so little time. thx xliderider
    No problem, I'm still learning as well.

You can use Alt-Back key to check for open apps as well. There should always be 5 apps running (Home, BB Browser, Messages, Phone, and BB Messenger) if anything else is running that you don't want open, scroll to it and close it properly. Menu Exit/Close.
    03-21-09 03:06 PM
    Back again. Apparently I don't know what I don't know.
    I'm trying to pull a few pics off my laptop and email them to my phone so I can save them to the phone. Mess keeps saying that this attachment type cannot be viewed on your device, which in laymans's terms means........?
    03-21-09 03:23 PM
    Do you have a media card? If you do, it's much easier to enable Mass Storage Mode on your BB. Options > Media Card, set enable Mass Storage Mode to On, and set the other option to Prompt when connected.

Now when you connect your BB to your computer with a USB cable, the computer will see it as a USB drive. Copy your files to the \Blackberry\Pictures folder.

The files should be .jpg format for your BB to display.
    03-21-09 03:28 PM
    Well i don't have a media card. I swear before that I could just email a pic to my phone and then save it and later set it as my background. If you have time explain my options in terms that would be found in bberries for dummies
    03-21-09 03:40 PM
    Yes, you should be able to email the pics to your BB if they are in the correct file format. If your PC (laptop, BT dongle) has bluetooth, you can also send the pics to your BB using bluetooth.
    03-21-09 03:44 PM
    Say for instance I'm in my web browser and i receive a text or email mess. Is there a way to retrieve the mess. without backing all the way out of whatever I am in? Kind of like minimizing a window on a computer? Just seems annoying that I have to close something all the way out to retrieve a mess that turns out to be not that important!!
    I'm not a curve expert, but I've played with my wife's. When you are in an application such as the browser and you want to go to another application, hit menu, then switch application. Should allow you to select your message application, have a look at the message, then do the reverse to go right back to your browser.
    03-21-09 03:58 PM
    I'm not a curve expert, but I've played with my wife's. When you are in an application such as the browser and you want to go to another application, hit menu, then switch application. Should allow you to select your message application, have a look at the message, then do the reverse to go right back to your browser.
    A little late to the dance?
    03-21-09 04:02 PM
    Not to be a p.i.t.a. but still can't pull pics out of laptop. Wife emailed me a pic from her phone and it won't let me open. All is giving me a mess about checking my email security settings on my phone?
    03-21-09 05:36 PM
    no takers on this one, huh?
    03-21-09 06:41 PM
    Make sure your berry is in Mass Storage Mode. Open Options, then Memory, then set Mass Storage Mode to On, and then Auto Enable to On or Prompt. Then use Mass Storage Mode and you can treat your berry like a drive in your computer and just copy and paste.
    03-21-09 07:00 PM
    pk, that would be Option > Media Card. The OP doesn't have a media card though.

shark, do you have Desktop Manager on your PC? Do you have the version with Roxio Media Manager? You can use Media Manager to transfer the pic files to your BB's internal memory, but it would be advisable to get a media card as they are quite cheap now.
    03-21-09 07:04 PM
    ok I'll share how computer iliterate I am.... Have dtop mgr. If i click on media manager nothing happens If I go into my programs on my laptop and click on roxio central 33, nothing happens. And I'm sure at one time I had pics that I loaded to and from my laptop to my BBerry when my son was here showing me what the h$@$$# to do cause I can't find my *** with two hands when it comes to computers! I'm about ready for a string and two tin cans
    03-21-09 07:21 PM
    Mass Storage Mode works with both media cards AND with the BB's built in storage.
    03-21-09 07:24 PM
    There are two versions of DM with and without Media Manager. If the icon for Media Manager in DM is kind of grayed out, then you have the version without.

Considering how uncomfortable you are with computers, I'm not sure you would want to remove your current version of DM on your computer, download and install DM with Media Manager, then actually figure out how to do what you want to do with Media Manager.

Like I said, it's easy to do if you get a cheap media card for your BB.

It's your call.
    03-21-09 07:26 PM
    Mass Storage Mode works with both media cards AND with the BB's built in storage.
    I didn't know that... I always thought it worked with a media card only.
    03-21-09 07:27 PM
    easy huh? sounds like i'm getting a media card. Anything i need to know when i go to buy one?
    should i go thru at&t or elsewhere?
    03-21-09 07:32 PM
    btw, the media manager IS NOT grayed out. just doesn't do anything when i click onto it Email settings is the only section grayed out
    03-21-09 07:34 PM
199 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD