Ok guys why android apps are not a security threat to BlackBerry.

1.when you take a look into your file manager app you will see a device folder named "MISC".
    2.Any android app installed on your bb10 device will be located in this folder.
    3.Android apps only have access to what's in this folder no other folder on you device.
    4.That is why when you install a android app you can't change the permissions because is useless the app has no access to any of your information it only has what's in the "MISC" folder.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:46 PM
    Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing! Where did you get this information?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:50 PM
    3.Android apps only have access to what's in this folder no other folder on you device.
    ...which includes symbolic links to all of your media, among other things.

4.That is why when you install a android app you can't change the permissions because is useless the app has no access to any of your information it only has what's in the "MISC" folder.
    Plus (after checking my Android apps' permissions) Location, Phone, Device Identifying Information, etc.
    01-25-15 01:52 PM
    Not true my Android apps are in a folder called "Downloads". Not in my "Misc" folder and there are other files in there. Second my "Misc" folder contains music not a single Android app is found in there. So not sure where you got that info.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 03:07 PM
    Also, just because an app is in a particular folder it doesn't necessarily mean that the app doesn't have access to your other files and folders.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 03:12 PM
    If you give an Android app the permission to access the file system (which obviously some apps need in order to function properly) it will have access to all the public folders and files (including your encrypted files).

Permission to access doesn't mean that the app will access (and mess with) every file of yours. But malicious ones that will get this permission could do it.

The same goes for other app permissions like contacts, location etc.

Best way to protect yourself is by not using *.apk files of unknown provenance.
    01-25-15 03:23 PM