For all those linux users out there, barry is a program that can backup/restore and allows tethering to a linux pc's Net Direct :: Open Solutions. I have ubuntu 8.10, it was easy to install and use, although you do have to use command line for some of it.
    01-08-09 05:43 AM
    Here are more instructions...Linux | BlackBerry Cool
    01-08-09 05:58 AM
    Very cool finds! I use Ubuntu at home, too. I will have to download this app. Thanks, guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 06:05 AM
    If anyone has any issues, join the mailing list they are quick to reply and very helpful, reading the mailing list it appears that they have gotten a BB apps loader to work also. But it is in the early stages
    01-08-09 06:13 AM
    VERY early stages. Still alpha I believe. I'd be very hesitant on relying on this software to reliably sync anything. But hey, they can use all the apha testers they can get.

Perhaps one day, we can have a solid Blackberry to Thunderbird/Lightning sync tool!
    01-08-09 10:00 AM
    The backup and restore works good and as I said before the internet works good also, but using the internet disables the phone, unlike using the windows software. Not bad concerning they are reverse engineering the software since RIM won't release the source code. For you linux users make sure you sign the RIM BlackBerry Linux USB Driver Support Petition RIM BlackBerry Linux USB Driver Support Petition and maybe they will one day release the code.
    01-08-09 11:36 AM
    Hey guys.

Can anyone help me? I think I'm in the right thread... I just got a Dell Mini 9, and it's a great little portable computer that does all the basics amazingly, although I think it's meant for little kids by the looks of the programs that come installed.

Only issue is I can pick up WiFi, but NO internet capabilities unless I pick up a signal as mentioned above.

I want to use my Curve as an internet source, when I'm away from my home wireless. Can't find software anywhere, dont care about DTManager or backups, just want to use my cell as internet source.

There IS a PalmOS program that lets you do that, but obv. I don't have a Palm.

Thanks guys.
    01-10-09 12:25 PM
    I have sprint as my carrier and they supply the software to allowing you to use your phone as a modem. Other then that I don't know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD