Hey,

I've had my Z10 since its launch in Canada and I love it to death - excellent phone (came from a Bold 9900). Anyways theres one thing I haven't been able to figure out yet... How do I get my contact list to have its pictures populated with their corresponding facebook pictures? I have my FB linked to my phone, and every contact on my phone that I also have on FB is "linked" under their contact profile, but it continues to just show the default silhouette.

Is there a stupid step I'm missing, or option I've overlooked?

Any help is appreciated - I'd rather not manually go through and add pictures.

Thanks,

PS. I love my dock my buddy who works for RIM hooked me up with

Linking Contact pics to Facebook-img_00000019.jpg
    Linking Contact pics to Facebook-img_00000016.jpg
    JR A likes this.
    03-24-13 08:20 PM
    I'm jealous. I want that dock now.

Anyways, facebook pics...in the contact app, under settings (pull down top menu), near the bottom there's a check box to update with internet data. I think that's what you want.
    03-24-13 08:50 PM
    That box has been checked off since I've had my phone... no dice

-Edit: checked off as in, turned on.
    03-24-13 08:55 PM
    Not sure. It seemed to do it by default for me.
    I know you can manually change it by tapping on the picture when you are in the contact's profile, but I'm not sure how to force it to do it.
    I thought you had a contact at BlackBerry. He can't help you with it?
    03-24-13 09:03 PM
    Not sure. It seemed to do it by default for me.
    I know you can manually change it by tapping on the picture when you are in the contact's profile, but I'm not sure how to force it to do it.
    I thought you had a contact at BlackBerry. He can't help you with it?
    Yeah, I know I can manually change it, but that would take FAR too much effort to do for ~300 contacts.

I already asked my friend, but he didn't seem sure lol.
    03-24-13 09:08 PM
    Delete your facebook account, and recreate again, and you will gey your contacts pic back.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 09:45 PM
    Delete your facebook account, and recreate again, and you will gey your contacts pic back.

Posted via CB10
    Just tried it, no dice... however I just rebooted the phone so maybe that will fix it. I also want to note that when I did that and went into my "Facebook" tab it said "no contacts" and when looking at any contacts under "All" there was no longer a facebook "link" to anyone.
    03-24-13 09:56 PM
    Strange but some contacts populated fine but others didn't. One of my regular BBM contacts is a silhouette even though his contact has his FB photo right there. But the other BBM contacts are fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 10:43 PM
    Hey,

I've had my Z10 since its launch in Canada and I love it to death - excellent phone (came from a Bold 9900). Anyways theres one thing I haven't been able to figure out yet... How do I get my contact list to have its pictures populated with their corresponding facebook pictures? I have my FB linked to my phone, and every contact on my phone that I also have on FB is "linked" under their contact profile, but it continues to just show the default silhouette.

Thanks,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000019.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	143670

Name:	IMG_00000016.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	143672
    Do you know when we can buy a dock like that?

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    Storm2 and JR A like this.
    03-24-13 11:20 PM
    Once they update the OS to support it, it will be release for retail sale from what I gather. It works right now, but it won't rotate your screen if rotation lock is on and a few other minor bugs. I'd say it will be released to coincide with the next OS update.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:13 AM
    Oh, and as an update, after deleting my fb and re attaching it to my phone, i let it sit overnight with both Facebook and contact apps open, a few contacts had their pictures updated, but not many... I'd guess around 10% maybe... anyone else have suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:14 AM
    Thanks. Looking forward to it.

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    03-25-13 08:12 AM
    Hey,

Thanks,

Name:	IMG_00000019.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	143670

Name:	IMG_00000016.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	143672
    So if you buddy works for RIM which is now BlackBerry, why didn't you ask him when he got you the dock????

Just saying

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 11:40 AM
    So if you buddy works for RIM which is now BlackBerry, why didn't you ask him when he got you the dock????

Just saying

Posted via CB10
    He works late nights so I rarely get to talk to him in depth much, but when I mentioned it he suggested pretty much the same things people have mentioned above, I'll ask him again next time I see him, but I figured I'd ask on here as well to see if anyone else had the same issue/found a fix.
    03-25-13 02:24 PM