My phone had a dead pixel and im getting a Verizon "Like New" phone tomorrow. What is like new? Is it gonna break down on me and have scratches everywhere? Is it factory resealed? AHHH! I'm afraid of what it will be like!! What can I expect!
    02-16-09 08:06 AM
    I think it depends on how long you had your phone when you asked for the replacement. If it was within 30 days of purchase then it should be new. I am not sure what they give you if its in the one year phase. I have recieved replacements before from AT&T but always after the 30 days and they were refurbished (new housings, stickers on the phone etc) and of the many I have received for my household only one was a lemon on arrival.

Nothing to stress about - just wait until you get it... Was this dead pixel like in the middle of the screen or that bothersome that you wanted another phone?
    02-16-09 08:19 AM
    I've only had 1 furb ever give me a problem, at month 4 the sub-lcd on a Katana went out. They sent me another, and it still serves as my house phone.

All furbs I received couldn't be differentiated from a new out of the box device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 10:43 AM
    Believe it or not my refirb works and looks alot better than my out of box...
    02-16-09 12:40 PM
    My phone had a dead pixel and im getting a Verizon "Like New" phone tomorrow. What is like new? Is it gonna break down on me and have scratches everywhere? Is it factory resealed? AHHH! I'm afraid of what it will be like!! What can I expect!
    I don't mind a refurbish phone because it will actually work better (most of the time) they go through and replace most of the stuff and fixes any problem that is wrong with it. My keyboard stopped working on my curve and Verizon sent me another and it works better then the new one did lol.

I have noticed that Verizon sends out the back of the phones that cover the battery now as well as before you would just take the one from your broke phone and put it on the new one.
    02-16-09 12:42 PM
    Thanks guys I'll se as myself when I get it
    02-16-09 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD