On iphone you cannot attach multiple files from the email compose screen. This is a basic function of crafting an email. I was SHOCKED, when I read this on the Verge's iphone 5 review. They outlined some other basic communication related functions as well. I agree with your premise tho.
    Is that more shocking than the fact that you cannot video chat on the flagship Blackberry phones in 2012?

Actually you CAN attach files from the email compose screen in iOS6. TheVerge states this

09-30-12 09:09 AM

Actually you CAN attach files from the email compose screen in iOS6. TheVerge states this

Click to view quoted image

C'mon iOS6 was just released like 2 weeks ago....
    09-30-12 09:29 AM
    Since I have no landline my smartphone firstly and fore-mostly must work as a phone.

I know I'm a dinosaur but I still prefer to communicate with voice. It's faster than typing something and we all know that type can be taken many ways including not as intended.
    AugustArborists likes this.
    09-30-12 09:32 AM
    Is that more shocking than the fact that you cannot video chat on the flagship Blackberry phones in 2012?

That makes it look like you can only attach a pic or video and not any other type of file. Is that true?
    09-30-12 09:45 AM
    Since I have no landline my smartphone firstly and fore-mostly must work as a phone.

I know I'm a dinosaur but I still prefer to communicate with voice. It's faster than typing something and we all know that type can be taken many ways including not as intended.
    But even when speaking sometimes we can say one thing but mean your mother .

I still like calling my parents and hearing their voices and having conversations with them, but for the most part anyone else will get a text from me. My preferred method of interaction is still face to face, and often my text convos with friends are about what we're going to do next time we see one another.
    09-30-12 09:51 AM
    But even when speaking sometimes we can say one thing but mean your mother .

I still like calling my parents and hearing their voices and having conversations with them, but for the most part anyone else will get a text from me. My preferred method of interaction is still face to face, and often my text convos with friends are about what we're going to do next time we see one another.
    Very true. I guess I just prefer, call talk for a few and be done rather than type, wait for a response, type back. Of course IM or SMS is good for when you can't talk or don't want everyone around you hearing your conversation.

And of course face to face is best
    09-30-12 09:58 AM
    Very true. I guess I just prefer, call talk for a few and be done rather than type, wait for a response, type back. Of course IM or SMS is good for when you can't talk or don't want everyone around you hearing your conversation.

And of course face to face is best
    I also spend my workday talking on the phone (I'm a conference call facilitator) so the last thing I want to do is talk on the phone when I get home.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people have those loud phone convos in public. Like they want people to see that they have friends. And don't even get me started on bluetooth! People look like they're just talking to themselves!

I know what you mean about typing, waiting for a response, then typing back when texting. Usually when I'm texting I'm also doing something else so I'm not just staring at my phone waiting for a response. When a message needs to be relayed quickly I do call, though. For example I was meeting a friend at a sushi place. I got there first and saw it was closed that day. I called my friend and told him the place was closed and we decided on somewhere else to go.
    09-30-12 10:11 AM
    I also spend my workday talking on the phone (I'm a conference call facilitator) so the last thing I want to do is talk on the phone when I get home.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people have those loud phone convos in public. Like they want people to see that they have friends. And don't even get me started on bluetooth! People look like they're just talking to themselves!

I know what you mean about typing, waiting for a response, then typing back when texting. Usually when I'm texting I'm also doing something else so I'm not just staring at my phone waiting for a response. When a message needs to be relayed quickly I do call, though. For example I was meeting a friend at a sushi place. I got there first and saw it was closed that day. I called my friend and told him the place was closed and we decided on somewhere else to go.
    Sorry folks for getting a little off topic but............... I think if I spent all day on the phone I would feel the same!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-30-12 10:15 AM

That is shocking. Equally shocking is the inability to download large attachments. I dropped my BIS BB because it was failing to meet my needs as a communications device and as a personal organizer thanks to the buggy google contacts and calendar animation. I couldn't deposit bank checks using my BB either or monitor my bank accounts.

The phone on the 4s works just fine though accessing the address book is a bit slower.
    09-30-12 11:01 AM
    That is shocking. Equally shocking is the inability to download large attachments. I dropped my BIS BB because it was failing to meet my needs as a communications device and as a personal organizer thanks to the buggy google contacts and calendar animation. I couldn't deposit bank checks using my BB either or monitor my bank accounts.

The phone on the 4s works just fine though accessing the address book is a bit slower.
    Instead of going to address book to find a contact I just swipe right from home screen and use search! Just a little time saver!
    09-30-12 11:24 AM
    Instead of going to address book to find a contact I just swipe right from home screen and use search! Just a little time saver!
    Good tip. I really should use the universal search more.
    09-30-12 12:39 PM
    "The guy sounds nuts" that's how you summarize him? John Battelle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I would not describe him as nuts. He is just looking for attention as he launches his new enterprise.

However describing the iPhone 5 as a fail is idiotic. His issues are with iOS and more specifically iCloud. His main problem appears to be with scalability though he did make some legitimate concerns with UI discoverability.

The interview did make the point though that if they were discussing Microsoft software, the would expect it to suck.
    09-30-12 12:44 PM
    For all we know, they are developing a new OS in secret, as we speak.
    Ever thought of that?
    09-30-12 01:23 PM
    For all we know, they are developing a new OS in secret, as we speak.
    Ever thought of that?
    It's called iOS 7.
    09-30-12 07:18 PM
    As the worlds largest corporation, with more than a hundred billion, its incompetents speaks volumes. I'm not just speaking about there products, but as an employer, and a corporate role model, they are not encouraging.
    09-30-12 08:19 PM
    As the worlds largest corporation, with more than a hundred billion, its incompetents speaks volumes. I'm not just speaking about there products, but as an employer, and a corporate role model, they are not encouraging.
    Show me a successful 100% ethical company in today's society, and I'll show you Santa Claus riding a unicorn in the pale light of an evening rainbow.
    09-30-12 08:50 PM
    Lol, you can't be serious. What about the drunk RIMM executives that went crazy and tried to eat their safety belts while on the airplane, or the RIMM executives that over promised and under delivered on all products for the past two years?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    09-30-12 09:00 PM
    The justifications, hypocrisy and irrational allegiance that some people go through while declaring competing platforms as creations if the Beast are astonishing.
    How's this.....just say you prefer XXX platform and don't want to even acknowledge the existence of others and call it a day.
    Using all three on a daily basis, there are advantages and flaws to each. But I prefer BB.
    There.
    Try that.
    It's easy.
    No reason to hypocritically bring UNICEF into it while wearing Nikes manufactured in sweat shops.
    shaleem likes this.
    10-01-12 09:10 AM
    On iphone you cannot attach multiple files from the email compose screen. This is a basic function of crafting an email. I was SHOCKED, when I read this on the Verge's iphone 5 review. ...
    ... Actually you CAN attach files from the email compose screen in iOS6. TheVerge states this ...]
    Actually, TheVerge states this:
    | iOS 6 review | The Verge
    Saving the best for last, Apple has finally added a way to add attachments to emails from the compose screen. ... With iOS 6, you can long-press on the compose screen and select "Insert Photo or Video" to bring up the gallery select dialog, where you can choose a single image or video. Unfortunately, that's the only type of file you can attach directly from the compose screen � attaching arbitrary files still requires you to start with an associated app instead of jumping right in there from your email.
    I'm curious -- once you have attached a single photo or video, can you repeat the procedure and attach a second photo or video?
    10-01-12 02:10 PM
    Actually, TheVerge states this:
    | iOS 6 review | The Verge

I'm curious -- once you have attached a single photo or video, can you repeat the procedure and attach a second photo or video?
    Yes, you can repeat the process.
    10-01-12 02:22 PM
    Lol, you can't be serious. What about the drunk RIMM executives that went crazy and tried to eat their safety belts while on the airplane, or the RIMM executives that over promised and under delivered on all products for the past two years?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    I believe rim has paid for their mistakes.

I always admired steve jobs and Apple for their visionary products. My first computer was an Apple IIe, I have been an iphone user since the 3. Would I buy an Apple product today? No, I've seen and heard enough to diminish my belief in Apple.

Remember it just my opinion and another thing, I don't like striped toothpaste but again that's just me.
    10-01-12 07:49 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD