It's a huge a leap as compalaining about advertising a brand because you've bought a branded product.. and yes you are!!
    They might even make a TV advert like that!

Someone comes to the house has a really great experience with the shower and sees the brand thereby tieing the positive emotions +feelings with that brand, next time they considering buying a hot water heater, (or more likely viewing a house with a hot water heater) and they see that brand they will be more likely to buy..

Bang your 'advertisement' had led to a potential sale..

Whatever you use that other people see is advertising!

And actually thinking about it your example doesn't make sense because some boilers are separate form the end shower head.. with things like that it's more likely about a negative experience... say there is no hot water and it's because of poor service.. that person won't be inclined to buy that brand.. it works both ways but it's advertising nonetheless..

ad�ver�tise/?adv?r?t?z/
    verb
    describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance.

Now I suppose what we're arguing is the 'draw attention to part' the way I see it anything can potentially draw attention because it's subjective, what draws my attention is different from what draws your attention, so you might not think youve drawn attention with a nice unbranded t shirt, but someone else might see it and really like it

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Your examples require word of mouth. That's not something BlackBerry can control.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 08:16 PM
    I wasn't saying this was only a marketing tool, but also an added bonus and unique feature. As we see now with the case, and the ability to notify of an alert (found the case after the thread started but somewhat the same ideology). Also a toggle switch would be a must as its obvious this wouldn't appeal to each consumer..

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 10:03 PM
    Your examples require word of mouth. That's not something BlackBerry can control.

Posted via CB10
    .... That's not something any Company can control? they just try their best to influence it? .. And the first point of contact here is an external inquiry, not from you, which is easier to manipulate.. and again this is how the OP expresses the use of this, but i say it will just be a knock on effect of a cool feature..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-30-14 12:37 AM
    What is QNX?

Is what 99% of the people in the world would say. Google doesn't their own marketing for Android (especially back in the beginning).

Yes, they'll find the answer when they'll start their Mercedes and the infotainment device will light-up with QNX and the unmistakable BlackBerry logo...

04-30-14 02:28 PM
    But how do they now who made the shirt? They would have to ask, it isn't staring at them.
    But some advertisements are all about getting individuals to enquire about a product.. ?

That could even be a marketing technique, having a not obvious logo on a great product so more people will ask about it..

And even if say someone recognised the BlackBerry logos, I'm sure they would still be inclined to ask how it works what ti is etc..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-30-14 02:34 PM
    Just like macbook pro"s

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-30-14 07:15 PM
    I like it!

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-30-14 10:35 PM
    Prepare yourselves folks (well those that care)

In honour of this thread, I will be doing a step by step tutorial of how someone can build an RGB blackberry glowing logo for about 8 bucks on FileArchiveHaven.

I'll keep it small enough you can build it into a case if you want.

I'm wrapping it up into another project so in my case I'll even show you how to control that led colour using your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Doggerz and neoberry99 like this.
    04-30-14 10:39 PM
    Prepare yourselves folks (well those that care)

In honour of this thread, I will be doing a step by step tutorial of how someone can build an RGB blackberry glowing logo for about 8 bucks on FileArchiveHaven.

I'll keep it small enough you can build it into a case if you want.

I'm wrapping it up into another project so in my case I'll even show you how to control that led colour using your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB from my LE
    That sounds cool man.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    KermEd likes this.
    04-30-14 11:18 PM
    People don't think "BlackBerry's still got it" though... it sucks but it's true. Honestly, showing the BlackBerry logo could be bad just because of the negative press that BlackBerry has been getting. BlackBerry is not a likeable brand anymore therefore a light up logo wouldn't do much imho.
    No offence, but you have such a defeatist attitude. I guess BlackBerry should just quit trying.
    05-01-14 07:38 AM
    05-17-14 08:22 AM
    Thanks Tino

Posted via CB from my LE
    tinochiko likes this.
    05-26-14 05:46 PM
    So did anyone ever get anything functional??

Check Out TechCraze
    07-20-14 03:39 PM
88 ... 234