This may not be a "BB thread"....but it does relate back to this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ok-ads-860144/

Seems as though that shot at BB may have been an early foreshadow of a shift in LG marketing.

"LG's nifty new mobile banner ads are able to detect which phone they are displayed on, and the firm has taken advantage of this. For example, if the advert displays on an iPhone 5 handset, LG's banner will read "Hard to read this on your iPhone?", mocking the Apple smartphone's small 4in display.

LG hasn't just gone after iPhone users, Adage reports, and is trolling HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4 owners too.

HTC One users are being mocked about battery life, with LG displaying the message "Tired of charging your HTC One?" followed by a message that says the LG G2 has a 30 percent longer lasting battery.

Samsung Galaxy S4 owners are being asked, "Waiting for your Galaxy to catch up?" and are then shown statistics about the LG G2's 20 percent faster processer.

LG G2 ad campaign trolls iPhone, HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4 users- The Inquirer
    10-16-13 06:52 PM
    Lucky gold star is garbage. Doesn't matter.

Posted via SEGA master system
    10-16-13 06:54 PM
    haha that is great. More power to them as it seems they have a good marketing dept. They sold 12 million phones last quarter which isnt that shabby at all.
    Bsbudd and srzjumper like this.
    10-16-13 07:23 PM
    Google grooming LG to be the next Samsung.

Posted via CB10 on Z10.
    10-16-13 07:28 PM
    Now *that's* clever marketing.

I like it.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-16-13 07:36 PM
    I guess this destroys the theory of a young, rogue intern entering that Facebook update. It is the new direction for the company.
    10-16-13 07:53 PM
    LG can make a handset with WebOs for next summer/fall and perhaps then I would take them serious.
    10-16-13 08:00 PM
    haha that is great. More power to them as it seems they have a good marketing dept. They sold 12 million phones laster quarter which isnt that shabby at all.
    Ditto. Now that's smart marketing.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    10-16-13 08:13 PM
    Gotta admit, that's some smart and awesome marketing!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:31 PM
    This might engender a backlash from consumers... look what happened when LG took a shot at BlackBerry on facebook!

Posted via my Q10, USA
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    10-16-13 08:33 PM
    This might engender a backlash from consumers... look what happened when LG took a shot at BlackBerry on facebook!

Posted via my Q10, USA
    somehow i doubt that affected LG sales in any measuarable matter. Sure people on this forum blew up over it but in the grand scheme of things its probaby not a big deal
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    10-16-13 08:43 PM

Posted via my Q10, USA
    You are confusing people complaining in a comment section on the Internet with sales. With all of the "support " BlackBerry gets from comment sections all over the Web bb10 still flopped in sales.
    10-16-13 08:52 PM
    LOL LG..

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 09:02 PM
    LG has hit IPhone users, with the banners commenting on their small screens. I think these banners are good but true test is if LG can match or exceed Samsung's marketing budget which was more than the 4 other Android manufacturers spent last year.
    10-16-13 09:19 PM
    Pretty ballsy indeed. Had they tried this a couple years ago I would've laughed. Their smartphones were horrible. But we've seen what can happen in a matter of a couple of years with Samsung. If they continue to put out slick new phones like the G2, who knows what could happen?
    10-16-13 09:30 PM
    This is similar to what Microsoft is doing with Apple Ipad, pointing out features that their Surface RT tablet has that they don't. I'm not against that. I thought the slam against BlackBerry was cheap. Game on then, two can play that game. I still won't buy their stinking products.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 09:38 PM
    That "backlash" was from BlackBerry customers and won't affect LG sales in the least.
    10-16-13 09:43 PM
    This may not be a "BB thread"....but it does relate back to this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ok-ads-860144/

Seems as though that shot at BB may have been an early foreshadow of a shift in LG marketing.
    Or maybe they decided to target the others after the backlash from the BB one
    Now they can say, "Well, we weren't just targeting BBRY. We had planned to target everyone."

Works to save face.

Again, I could be wrong, very wrong, as I have been in the past sometimes
    10-16-13 10:55 PM
    In the US with carrier AT&T the Z10 was dead in the water before landing ashore for battle. The sales people basically ignored that they had them I'm the store and of reminded, dismissed and directed customers to the latest Android or iPhone. I don't think there was anything BlackBerry could have done marketing wise.. as bad as they seemingly did. It's like it's time for you to go old man. Go away. That's how I saw it for at hand. Heck I even got the HTC One from them, before eventually seeing not all was right for me until I swapped for a Z10. Tech industry is like that, from top to bottom and probably day is going to come for Apple to fall to the ground for a new king. We just want our BlackBerry phones to survive as minor player with niche keyboard and OS and I'm fine with that.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 11:13 PM
    G2 is a slick new phone, just like SGS4 or xperia Z or any other android slab..they are all the same inside. rather than attacking another slabdroid, LG takes an easy path of attacking blackberry. nothing to lose for LG due to pathetic products compared to samsung or sony. at least they can sell fridges and washing machines..blackberry can't sell phones (lately).
    10-16-13 11:22 PM
    G2 with WebOS. Then they would have something to crow about. Maybe they picked up the recently let go BlackBerry employees.

Z10 10.2.0.1767 via CB10
    10-16-13 11:46 PM
    haha that is great. More power to them as it seems they have a good marketing dept. They sold 12 million phones last quarter which isnt that shabby at all.
    That's what it's all about in the end. Moving units.
    10-17-13 12:07 AM
    I like LG stuff. They're not as risk loving as Samsung, but in general, their stuff tends to be very reliable. I have stuff like air conditioners, washing machines, refrigerators, and a TV some where all made by LG. I've got no complaints.

As for their marketing, I love their gag ads for their IPS screens and TVs. I don't know if they really went through with the gags or the people are actors, but regardless they're entertaining. I especially like the asteroid one.

richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 12:39 AM
    I like LG stuff. They're not as risk loving as Samsung, but in general, their stuff tends to be very reliable. I have stuff like air conditioners, washing machines, refrigerators, and a TV some where all made by LG. I've got no complaints.

As for their marketing, I love their gag ads for their IPS screens and TVs. I don't know if they really went through with the gags or the people are actors, but regardless they're entertaining. I especially like the asteroid one.

As far as I know they can't legally put cameras in public bathrooms so at least one of them is fake I think
    richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 12:49 AM
    As far as I know they can't legally put cameras in public bathrooms so at least one of them is fake I think
    They all look fake to me, but entertaining as far as tech commercials go!
    10-17-13 05:11 AM
26 12