I do not physically have time in my life to make room for a 2nd device and could not imagine even attempting to find time pick up 4 different devices a day
    You must really think I'm crazy then!
    08-18-14 10:07 AM
    If you came from an Android device, then you should know how it works, what flow it has. You specifically said that you like the apps as well as some of the hardware features of the G3. Best to go to a shop and play around with it if you haven’t already done so. If you like it, then why not? Most users here will just point you to the Z30, regardless of your preference.

In my experience, if a device catches your interest and is tempting to you, then it’s probably not a bad decision to buy one. I was very tempted about the Z10 when I first saw it, but I didn’t want to buy a new device at the time. When I intended to switch, the Z10 was among the first devices to come to my mind. I’m sure you will like the G3 if it comes back to you all the time.
    08-18-14 10:57 AM
    The LG G3 is a good phone but the QHD display is something of a joke. The screen is horribly dim and turning the brightness up just eats battery life like crazy. It's scary how quickly the battery drains when you do anything crazy like using the phone, or using the screen on a level that you can actually see with.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 03:49 PM
    Wow, you must have an incredibly horrible life if you don't physically have enough spare time to use more than one mobile device. I feel for you. Life is short and everyone should make time for hobbies. I hope your situation improves to where you aren't so busy soon.
    I chose to use one mobile....life is too short to waste on gadgets when the world offers so much more beauty....
    08-18-14 04:57 PM
    The LG G3 is a good phone but the QHD display is something of a joke. The screen is horribly dim and turning the brightness up just eats battery life like crazy. It's scary how quickly the battery drains when you do anything crazy like using the phone, or using the screen on a level that you can actually see with.

Posted via CB10
    You obviously don't own a Z10!! Now its battery is sh!te...

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    08-18-14 10:01 PM
    Hi,

I've been using BlackBerry continuously since 2006. In April of last year I got the Z10, which had just arrived to my country carrier (Movistar / Peru). My experience with the Z10 and BB 10 OS has been a great one, although through time it has brought to me many a dissapointment.

I'll list a few isues I can recall now:

� Change in data plan. Before BB 10 mails (data) and web browsing were free of charge. One had only to pay for the monthly contract charge to the carrier, no matter how much data one consumed. After BB 10, data plans were limited to different options, all of which demanded attention not to override them. A very stressful situation for BlackBerry users who were accostumed to no limits in data connection.

� Since the start BB 10 OS, has not been perfectly working. It has gone through multiple updates (many if them still "leaked"), which I cannot account for at this time. I must have done almost all official updates (almost entirely through Sachesi) since I got my Z10. Some of them weee good, others messed up the phone with all sorts of glitches (contacts were amongst the most affected) and severed the battery life.

� Battery life of the Z10 has been bad since inception of the Z10 phone. It simply is not good, and it gets worse over time. I had to buy a new battery by October of last year (I bought the phone in April), because the one that came with the device had its health almost depleted in a short time (6 months). The new battery life and health followed suit almost exactly at the rate of the first one. By April of this year, it lasted less than 5 hours of normal use (almost no web, wifi off where it wasn't available, almost all non-vital apps closed and not running headless). I had to have the device charging constantly so it won't shut off.

� Apps, while they are not for me a deal breaker, they add (or subtract) to the whole experience. I'm not much of a gamer, and more of a "prosumer", whatever that may mean, but the few apps I want are not on BB World. For example, I use a Pebble watch, and though I can muddle through patches like TalkToWatch Pro (a truly excellent app for BB 10), the experience with a Pebble is far from optimal. Many developers are not interested in producing apps for BlackBerry, and though it's sad, it is what it is, and it is not good.

� Carrier support. Movistar has abandoned BlackBerry. As I said, most of the BB 10 updates I've done (save from the first one, I think) were using Sachesi. This is a shame because users of BlackBerry are on their own as far as updating and getting technical assistance goes.

These are a few of the issues I've had. So I went shopping a few weeks ago and found a Blu Life Pure XL phone that runs Android. I'm using it right now. It's not perfect (nothing really is), and I still miss some of the Z10's features, but overall the experience is a lot better than what I had from the beginning with the Z10.

What have I done with the Z10? Well, I have passed it to my elder son, who lost his iphone not long ago. He's still on the learning curve, but overall his experience with it seems to be going well. I will need to buy a new battery, though.

I know this is not going to sound good here, but now that I'm not on BlackBerry anymore, I don't feel bad at all.

Best wishes to all!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Wow friend! My Z10 took a year and a half of pure abuse and I could still get upwards of 10-12 hours out of the original battery with mixed usage. Heavy usage I could have it drained in about 4-5 hours but it was seriously heavy usage. Now I have a Z30 and I have been able to drain the battery in 9 hours of mostly heavy usage and normal days I get upwards of 20+ hours. I only put it on the charger when I go to bed. I'm sorry to hear that you're experience with BB10 wasn't up to snuff with your liking and I hope BlackBerry can some day win you back as a customer. Best of luck to you!

Posted via CB10 Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.2180
    08-19-14 06:29 AM
    This

.. is awfully tempting...
    HossAlmighty likes this.
    08-19-14 06:35 AM
    This is more than awfully tempting in many many ways it's just gorgeous
    08-19-14 01:08 PM
    Good luck with that, Menshawy... ;-)

The G3 is nice for an Android phone, but I find when using it that it does not deliver quite the experience one might expect from reading the specs. The Hi Res screen is not really utilized by much - with most all apps not pushing those kind of graphic numbers. The camera has great specs on paper, but do not find the resulting pictures to be any better then most others phones out there. In some ways the S5 seemed to produce better results. The G3 gets hot. So much so that many report the phone dropping to safeguards by taking over the screen dim setting, and also shutting down video recording right in the middle. Go to Android Central G3 forums and read the threads on this. I started a thread asking about this before we bought the phone because I had already seen such complains by professional reviewers. Also, I had to return the one we got, and a replacement just arrived Friday because ours kept disconnecting constantly from WiFi. Hopefully just a bad handset. We made the switch last night to the new one and haven't had a chance to see it the problem is gone.

Anyway, I'm not writing all this to bash the phone - I still think it's a good handset, just saying the grass isn't always greener.
    08-19-14 01:23 PM
    I've never been tempted to buy any phone by LG.
    raino likes this.
    08-19-14 01:55 PM
    I've never been tempted to buy any phone by LG.
    Neither had I... till the Nexus 4, really.

I'm formally reviewing the G3, and am pleasantly surprised. LG is getting better as an OEM.
    08-19-14 02:20 PM

I'm formally reviewing the G3, and am pleasantly surprised. LG is getting better as an OEM.
    Google probably had something to do with that

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 03:02 PM
    LG is getting better as an OEM.
    Is going with a 3,000 mAh battery for the G3--the same capacity as the G2's--for a larger "quad HD" screen with a (slightly) higher PPI, and a higher clocked processor 'getting better'? If this was BB, what do you think the reviews would have said about this?
    08-19-14 03:30 PM
    Is going with a 3,000 mAh battery for the G3--the same capacity as the G2's--for a larger "quad HD" screen with a (slightly) higher PPI, and a higher clocked processor 'getting better'? If this was BB, what do you think the reviews would have said about this?
    Yeah, that's actually another thing. I'm disappointed with battery life on the G3. My Z30 does much better. The G3 does have a removable battery though. However, I'm not thrilled with how it feels when you remove the back cover. Afraid I might break it. The cover on the Z10 felt much better. But with the Z30, while the battery does last very long - it is not removable.
    08-19-14 03:37 PM
    I reviewed the G2 as well, and my non-infallible opinion is that a lot has changed.

For one, the software optimization is better. The battery life is okay, but not enough of a major bump IMHO. The screen is fantastic.

I also like the dual screen options.

It is a jump from the G2. Enough for me to upgrade from a G2? Nope, but on its own, I grade it very high.

BBRY (just like Sony, HTC, LG, etc) simply has to do more by way of upgrade to get positive press. More than Samsung and Apple.
    08-19-14 03:40 PM
    Don't get any sharp objects too close to that.

Q10, N5, N10.
    menshawy likes this.
    08-19-14 03:50 PM

That was mine too. Boy was I shocked.

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-19-14 03:51 PM
67 123