I know it's not for sure if we will ever see a 10.3 version.. who knows how the future looks like..
    But the chances aren't that worse so I guess we will see BlackBerry survive and hopefully many new awesome updates (OS + Devices)

So I was thinking, that the 10.3 version could have Quad-core support (non 64Bit)
    That's all..
    What do you think?
    What is the most possible thing that 10.3 could bring or what should it bring?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 03:25 AM
    Hoping for

- A virtual mouse
    - 64 bit like OP mentioned
    - ability to switch between apps without swiping up first, like the PlayBook (perhaps using a 2-finger swipe)

Probably will have
    - Headless apps (actually we really better get that in a 10.2 maintenance upgrade)
    - native panoramic camera

Posted via CB10
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    10-27-13 04:24 AM
    Hoping for

- browser shortcuts (such as desktop mode
    - improved battery life (10.1 lasted 2x as long for me, now I'm down to a day)
    - panoramic camera and timer

Expecting

- improved app manager
    - world update
    - maps update

I don't really miss many things
    10-27-13 05:13 AM
    Hoping for:

10-27-13 05:15 AM
    Faster focus on camera

Jakarta, Indonesia
    Dude_9 and anon6113468 like this.
    10-27-13 07:55 AM
    Can't believe that bbry missed their deadline AGAIN when releasing 10.3. I read on these very forums that they absolutely promised it was due for release in q1 2009, this is the end of the world as we know it.

Oh, hang on, sorry. I may have got ahead of schedule with this post. Sorry, back on track...

Fully customisable sound profiles would be a very nice addition, especially if they would allow different led colours.

Posted from my z10, CB app
    Dude_9 and SifiGamer like this.
    10-27-13 08:20 AM
    Hoping for

- A virtual mouse
    - ability to switch between apps without swiping up first, like the PlayBook (perhaps using a 2-finger swipe)

Probably will have
    - Headless apps (actually we really better get that in a 10.2 maintenance upgrade)

Posted via CB10
    How do you switch between apps without swiping up first?
    10.2 HAS headless apps
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-27-13 08:26 AM
    Hoping for

- A virtual mouse

Probably will have

Posted via CB10
    10.2 already has headless apps &
    10.2.1 has a native panoramic camera

Not sure what you mean about PB app switching

I don't care about 64 Bit as phones don't yet need it.

What I would like to see is very robust profiles & also improved bedside mode. Copy & Past could also see some more improvement. As could Maps & Voice. I want to see the Contact issues resolved (if not B4 then) Oh & the browser. It's the best mobile browser out there, but it does have one weakness, it's js. I would like to see that greatly improved.

I Good Question would be what would people like to see improved in BlackBerry Link 10.3....I can think of tons of things...

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:52 AM
    Would like to see some fine tuning adjustments for color contrast, maybe saturation, cleaner looking white colors that don't have yellowish tinge to them. Things for screen crispness and clarity
    10-27-13 08:54 AM
    I would like to see word flow in the browser.
    I would like to be able to long click on an email, have an option to send to calendar, enter date and time, then send it to then complete the send by clicking on the send to calendar button. I would like to be able to read an email's attachment, and then go to the hub, and get back to the attachment, exactly where I left off.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:04 AM
    Would like to see "Hide Icon"
    Jim Banks1 and anon(4044683) like this.
    10-27-13 09:09 AM
    Usable OPENVPN

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    10-27-13 09:11 AM
    I would like top notch camera
    Stylus capabilities
    32gb minimum, expandable by at least another 64gb micro sd

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:19 AM
    I would like to see the settings menu from any screen or application by a two finger swipe down from the top. The menu should include:
    1. Screen brightness option
    2. NFC on/off

I. Would like to be able to decide default applications. As an example, I would like sayit to be the default application.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:24 AM
    different fonts and more email functions please!
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-27-13 09:39 AM
    How about a body from the lightest aluminum + carbon -> for example.. NASA Technology

Unbreakable screen

Full hd screen with at least 400 ppi for both.. z10, z30 (2nd generation)

I know, I know... 300 is maximum for our human eyes... but still!!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:45 AM
    How about a body from the lightest aluminum + carbon -> for example.. NASA Technology

Unbreakable screen

Posted via CB10
    You seem to have strayed onto another topic...lol This is about any possible 10.3 software update.
    Maybe start a thread about what we might like in a next generation handset? I bet there will be TONS of opinions here.. I know some will yell SLIDER... lol
    10-27-13 09:58 AM
    I can't believe I forgot to mention my biggest gripe!

I want "unlimited folders" like my PB!!!
    I HATE only being able to have 12 icons in my Folder :grrr

Q10 = 12
    Z10 = 16
    Z30 = 20?

Posted via CB10
    RocPlayr and zensen like this.
    10-27-13 10:06 AM

Unbreakable screen

Posted via CB10
    We are speculating on 10.3 which is OS, not hardware.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-27-13 10:07 AM
    You seem to have strayed onto another topic...lol This is about any possible 10.3 software update.
    Maybe start a thread about what we might like in a next generation handset? I bet there will be TONS of opinions here.. I know some will yell SLIDER... lol

Right...

I broke my own rule...

I just saw other users talking about device specific changes... so i post one too

But true! It's more about the software, 10.3! Ok... I'm sooorry!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:11 AM
    We are speculating on 10.3 which is OS, not hardware.
    True, sry!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:12 AM
    Would like to be able to get rid of transition effects.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:12 AM
    Swipe to switch between apps. More options in pull down menu (swipe from top). Better Hub, swipe right will peek and gesture will take to hub. The current toast notification disappears very quickly. Desktop interface when docked. Swipe to close app like PB. Better ENERGY saving bed side mode, phone stops all background functions and works as a clock minimizing resources and conserving battery. Multiple profiles ability to have diff contacts and apps according to profile including hub. Better parental control to completely disable internet connection, both wifi and cellular data.
    10-27-13 10:17 AM
    - More camera options (slow-mo, select pic quality, panorama(which is probably coming with 10.2.1) and some effect to set when the pic is taken)
    - Battery and RAM optimization
    - Better Maps (maybe with foursqaure integration)
    - equalizer for music player

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 10:18 AM
    Key features i want after 2 Months with a Z10 and 4 Months with a Q10:

True headless apps with user control (Low/Med/High) resource permissions
    Ability to pin ActiveFrames both to keep the key frames alive and rotate out less important lower priority apps
    ActiveFrame calendar should show more future appointments than one, fill the damn tile
    Agenda views that look forward beyond the current work day - seems like this should just look forward for a week not a day
    Snooze for appointments should side-slide to modify the snooze time, this is a easter egg in OS7 and a true lifesaver for time management
    More stable integration of 3rd party apps in the HUB, this is probably a dev problem but certain apps work intermittently
    HUB Read/unread raised to the top level menu
    Rich text/HTML sig files
    Ability to rapidly scroll through contacts, similar to scrolling through pix or how Andorid handles long lists
    Long hold on an individual contact field in a record would allow you to switch to edit mode rather than clicking on the edit icon
    Balance for all or a BBRY hosted Exchange type of platform for individual users, hopefully a sub-domain option or a competitive hosting business
    Ability to select default map provider and allow for Google Maps (sideload or native if we ever get it) to be default selection
    Faster tighter GPS integration across the OS for location based apps
    Any camera improvements for speed of focus and snaps
    Stop asking me to link BBM to everything i install
    Better tools for de-duplicating or combining contact entries and offer a choice how it is handled on the server level
    Caching of the "activity tab" on a contact, it just takes too long for the device to find the past emails when you need them
    Compacting wasted space in the UI, simply tightening up layouts to be more efficient use of screen real estate for Q users
    Eliminating the multiple steps in certain user functions; get rid of things like going to the "Software Updates" screen and then requiring another tap on "Check for Updates" or the pencil to Edit a field, why not just long hold these similar to OS7
    Fix the appointment time and date selector - i don't know why but it just seems awkward

A million more but these would make things much better
    10-27-13 10:30 AM
45 12