Hi

I'm having a blonde moment ...I'll blame it on been new but I cannot upload an Avatar. I've managed to get them into my Gallery but I can't select any of them

Thanks
    12-09-12 12:37 AM
    Hmm... just tested mine and it's working fine. I selected the 'gear' on the top right of the page, then 'Your Account', and then managed to change the avatar there. Upload it and select it from the bottom.
    12-09-12 06:24 AM
    May its my picture...I'll try another

Thanks
    12-11-12 11:16 AM
    I think IE was giving trouble with this. Try frefox or another.
    12-11-12 11:20 AM
    What are the exact steps you take?
    12-11-12 11:56 AM
    Make sure it fits the size criteria and is not too big.
    12-11-12 12:17 PM
    What are the exact steps you take?
    I go into My Account setting - click Change Avatar - and i uploaded a picture and then i can see it at the bottom of the screen - I think click on the picture and nothing happens so then I've tried to drag and drop into the box and nothing happens. I've also tried dragging and dropping from My Pictures folder on pc but not working. Pixel size is 500x500 and I've tried to make it bigger and not worked either. I'll try a different picture..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    12-11-12 01:22 PM
    Make sure to edit your pop-ups blocking in your browser to allow *.CrackBerry.com. Chrome in particular will silently block pop-ups and you'll never know what is wrong.
    12-11-12 01:26 PM
    Is it just me or is the thread title offensive to blondes
    12-11-12 01:54 PM
    I go into My Account setting - click Change Avatar - and i uploaded a picture and then i can see it at the bottom of the screen - I think click on the picture and nothing happens so then I've tried to drag and drop into the box and nothing happens. I've also tried dragging and dropping from My Pictures folder on pc but not working. Pixel size is 500x500 and I've tried to make it bigger and not worked either. I'll try a different picture..

You're making it harder than it needs to be...
    As stated earlier. You must make sure your Avatar is NOT too large to be uploaded.
    500 X 500 is much too big!
    There is also an option for a custom avatar. A custom avatar allows you to upload your own image from another location such as your computer or an internet web site. CrackBerry.com does offer a selection preloaded BlackBerry avatars to choose from, but if you choose to upload your own, you should note that the maximum size of your avatar is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
    You're new here, so if you're not familiar with the forum rules, you can take a little time to check some things out here...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ums-how-16472/

Welcome to the forums!!!
    I hope this helps...
    12-11-12 02:01 PM
    No. It's just you. JK.

It's only offensive if someone else outside of that group would make such a comment.
    Self deprecating humor is allowed...
    Self-deprecation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    12-11-12 02:07 PM
    It's not just you. I'm having the same problem. I'm on Windows 7. It downloads the avatars but doesn't let you select them. I've tried different sizes and it still won't work. I'll have to give it a try on Windows 8 and see what happens.
    12-11-12 02:29 PM
    Hmmm. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate, but have no issues uploading Avatars as long as they fall within the size parameters...
    12-11-12 02:35 PM
    Windows 8 didn't work either. My current logo isn't even visible when I go to switch avatars. All I get is the list of avatars I've downloaded and when you try to click on them it has a resizing cursor.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    12-11-12 02:39 PM
    You're correct! I just checked your profile and you have a generic CB Avatar there.
    However, within the forums, your Avatar that you normally use is present.
    But, it is oversized, and no longer fits properly in the square.

I wonder what could be causing that for you? Working Here...
    12-11-12 02:45 PM
    You're correct! I just checked your profile and you have a generic CB Avatar there.
    However, within the forums, your Avatar that you normally use is present.
    But, it is oversized, and no longer fits properly in the square.

I wonder what could be causing that for you? Working Here...
    But it did fit properly when I first did it. I was changing it anyways but it won't let me. Both Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 8 Pro are 64 bit.
    12-11-12 02:48 PM
    I'll have to play with it more later. I can set it with the PlayBook but I think there might be more options on a pc.
    12-11-12 03:26 PM
    I'll have to play with it more later. I can set it with the PlayBook but I think there might be more options on a pc.
    Possibly. The BB logo is cut off on the right hand side, but you obviously know this already.
    I still like it though................... BB10!!!
    NFLPLAYBOOK likes this.
    12-11-12 03:31 PM
    lol not meant to be offensive...whoops

MADBRADNYC likes this.
    12-11-12 06:44 PM
    You're making it harder than it needs to be...
    As stated earlier. You must make sure your Avatar is NOT too large to be uploaded.
    500 X 500 is much too big!

You're new here, so if you're not familiar with the forum rules, you can take a little time to check some things out here...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ums-how-16472/

Welcome to the forums!!!
    I hope this helps...
    Omg thank you sooo much!!! I'll give it go again soon! And will def have a read of the rules!!

MADBRADNYC likes this.
    12-11-12 06:46 PM
    It's not just you. I'm having the same problem. I'm on Windows 7. It downloads the avatars but doesn't let you select them. I've tried different sizes and it still won't work. I'll have to give it a try on Windows 8 and see what happens.
    O have windows 7 too! Have you tried the smaller Pixel size as stated above?

12-11-12 06:48 PM
    Omg thank you sooo much!!! I'll give it go again soon! And will def have a read of the rules!!

NP!
    Enjoy the forums!
    12-11-12 07:40 PM
    Yippee got it!!! Thanks all!
    12-16-12 06:02 AM
    Yippee got it!!! Thanks all!
    If that's you on the pic....you've got a GORGEOUS bone structure!!!
    12-16-12 06:56 AM