If you want to help BlackBerry World better during this transition instead of complaining about it (because it will happen no matter what now). Come to Beta Zone where they actually check and give them ideas on how to IMPROVE BLACKBERRY WORLD

Lets help make BlackBerry World Better Campaign
    https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...w/23253#113330

Get Rid of: (Clean the house)
    - Android Ports
    - "App for ..." apps
    - Non functional apps like from S4BB
    - Don't let developers mess with the rating and comment system

Make it better for third party Developers!!!
    06-18-14 09:58 AM
    I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about everyone already uses APKs, BlackBerry world is still going to be there it just needs to be cleaned up so people like me will actually use it.

I haven't used BlackBerry World in forever, I use Beta Zone to download apps mroe then BlackBerry World, it's compeletely corrupted atm
    06-18-14 09:58 AM
    I agree!

Developer of AutoCrop Scanner
    06-18-14 10:00 AM
    If they play it right and clean out the App World it can be better for 3rd party devs why?

1. over 50% of apps in Apple App Store and Google Play never get downloaded or even seen. If BlackBerry World has 1000s of apps this will make it much easier for people to see.

2. people will always prefer native over APKs

3. Look at all the BlackBerry die hards that will buy any native app to BlackBerry, That is enough of an incentive to small 3rd Party devs.
    06-18-14 10:20 AM
    people on CrackBerry complain but no one seems to be proactive about anything..

Sad community...
    06-18-14 11:03 AM
    I think it's still not nice to push Android app developers out of BlackBerry World after courting them last year!
    Looking at BB's market position, BlackBerry should support whoever wants to put their app on BlackBerry World and let the users decide. Give the users choice!

06-18-14 11:12 AM
    Sorry, BlackBerry isn't paying me to help them.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    jegs2 and DYLANHABKIRK like this.
    06-18-14 11:46 AM
    Sorry, BlackBerry isn't paying me to help them.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    Other BlackBerry fans will gladly volunteer.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    06-18-14 11:47 AM
    I think it's still not nice to push Android app developers out of BlackBerry World after courting them last year!
    Looking at BB's market position, BlackBerry should support whoever wants to put their app on BlackBerry World and let the users decide. Give the users choice!

android apps in BlackBerry world is making it a mess. Those android devs are even updating their ports why would you want that in BB world when 3rd party devs should have their chance to shine.

Plus with Amazon app store there will be duplicates and only the Amazon Android apps will get updated and BlackBerry apps won't.

There was nothing really that logical in saying the android apps should remain in app world.
    06-18-14 12:31 PM
    So many problems with your suggestions. They help some consumers but not the majority. They definitely do not help devs - especially with the new Amazon App Store deal.

- Android Ports
    What's the point? You better get used to them anyway...

- "App for ..." apps
    These are the apps for apps that will not come to BB native... again, no point, especially since the Amazon Store will have the normal version. BB accepted them just to inflate the total # of apps in the World as a marketing ploy.

- Non functional apps like from S4BB
    Meh... They don't really show up in searches anyway - unless you specifically search for them.

- Don't let developers mess with the rating and comment system
    When that happens, A LOT of devs will leave BB. There are a lot of stupid BlackBerry users out there despite what everyone here thinks. They leave the stupidest reviews.

I once had someone rate my app with 2 star with comment something along the lines of "Fantastic app! Let's see how long I keep it on my phone though because I delete apps everyday..."

--

I get that you want to improve the BlackBerry World, me too. Personally, I think the best way to improve the quality of apps is to have a QC/QA checklist on all new app submissions. That way, only good, functional apps make it through.
    BUT, when you don't have enough apps and devs developing for your OS, you can't be picky.
    mikeo007 and TGR1 like this.
    06-18-14 12:57 PM
    So many problems with your suggestions. They help some consumers but not the majority. They definitely do not help devs - especially with the new Amazon App Store deal.

What's the point? You better get used to them anyway...

These are the apps for apps that will not come to BB native... again, no point, especially since the Amazon Store will have the normal version. BB accepted them just to inflate the total # of apps in the World as a marketing ploy.

Meh... They don't really show up in searches anyway - unless you specifically search for them.

When that happens, A LOT of devs will leave BB. There are a lot of stupid BlackBerry users out there despite what everyone here thinks. They leave the stupidest reviews.

I once had someone rate my app with 2 star with comment something along the lines of "Fantastic app! Let's see how long I keep it on my phone though because I delete apps everyday..."

--

I get that you want to improve the BlackBerry World, me too. Personally, I think the best way to improve the quality of apps is to have a QC/QA checklist on all new app submissions. That way, only good, functional apps make it through.
    BUT, when you don't have enough apps and devs developing for your OS, you can't be picky.
    lol don't think outside of the box eh?

Amazon will have the updated Android Ports so they don't need to be in BlackBerry World taking up space especially because they NEVER get updated in BB world

"App for ..." apps i don't know if you have been looking at these forums too much but these apps are generated apps that 100% don't work and just take money away from BlackBerry users

On android and iOS devs can't mess with the rating system and it is much less corrupt. I won't even use BlackBerry world to look for apps let a lone pay for some if I do I have the BlackBerry Refund site up (https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...rce/main?ln=en) and even get a refund of $0.99 because half of the 4+ stars shouldn't be because the Developer made fake accounts to gain comments and ratings.

I haven't used BlackBerry World for months because it's garbage, the only apps I get are from Nemory because he is about quality and I can't say that about the rest of the App World. If Nemory can bust out a high quality app without even working on it full time per 1-2 months there is no excuses for other devs. Then devs complain how they aren't making money...

With the non functional apps, App for's and Android Ports gone there would be more relevance for 3rd party apps anyways. I

'm actually not sure how hard this is to understand. It's really mind boggling. there is 100k apps in App World now take out 1/10 (probably more) there will be 10k high quality apps so people like me can actually browse through it without caution and there will be a higher percent chance (you don't need to take a Data Management class to figure that out) someone will stumble upon your app accidentally.
    Last edited by khehl; 06-18-14 at 04:17 PM.
    06-18-14 03:59 PM
    The only problem with my plan is BlackBerry doesn't have the man power to test all those apps.

there are probably over 20-60k Ports that are already in Amazon that can be weeded out.
    06-18-14 04:09 PM
    Why do this now after the announcement?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 04:31 PM
    Why do this now after the announcement?

Posted via CB10
    I've been doing it on beta zone for a long time. I'm not completely clear on where the native apps are going to go. I've been hearing that they are going to go to the Amazon Store and/or staying in BlackBerry World.

This is a perfect time to clean out the App World for the transition for people like me, who stopped using BlackBerry World a long time ago because it's a mess. Will never use it again.

Just like in school while doing homework.: you clean off your desk between each subject and get yourself set up to do the next subject
    Last edited by khehl; 06-18-14 at 04:59 PM.
    06-18-14 04:35 PM
    Its a futile suggestion is my point. Not sure about you, but I can tell if an app will be useless or not before buying it.

And taking apps out of the World will only make devs talk about BB negatively - doesn't matter if they're good or bad devs, any negativity towards devs will result in negativity towards BB as a company. You'll hear in news how BB is stupid to remove apps from an app store that doesn't even have real 100000 apps.

Lastly, it will just make World look pathetic - the numbers will show that. And no, quantity > quality. The market has spoken.

I do agree that as a consumer it will be a GREAT thing but not so great for the company and OS itself to do this. It will literally slash the # of apps in the BB World by half (more than half actually).

Just one more negative news story about BB.
    06-18-14 10:02 PM
    Very true, I can tell bad apps I was just trying to get my point across.

Im surprised about how many useless apps there are though.

I have so many ideas its crazy haha

You are completely right at least they can still move out the ports though

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 10:20 PM
    Its a futile suggestion is my point. Not sure about you, but I can tell if an app will be useless or not before buying it.

And taking apps out of the World will only make devs talk about BB negatively - doesn't matter if they're good or bad devs
    I'm not sure if you realize it or not, but BlackBerry is ending AIR support with the launch of 10.3. They even updated all the current AIR apps in BBW with a notice that the app will be disappearing. They did this without notifying the developers.

They could do the same for the android ports, except notify the developers that they need to migrate their app to Amazon.

Frankly, only using Amazon will be easier for those developers, since they won't have to take the extra step to publish for BlackBerry.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    06-20-14 08:33 AM
    Little late don't ya think?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:22 AM
    I'm not sure if you realize it or not, but BlackBerry is ending AIR support with the launch of 10.3. They even updated all the current AIR apps in BBW with a notice that the app will be disappearing. They did this without notifying the developers.

They could do the same for the android ports, except notify the developers that they need to migrate their app to Amazon.

Frankly, only using Amazon will be easier for those developers, since they won't have to take the extra step to publish for BlackBerry.

I had no idea about the AIR. Honestly though, consider the following headlines:

A) "BlackBerry has decided to delete all AIR apps!"
    B) "BlackBerry has decided to delete all ANDROID apps!"

I don't know about you but B) will have an impact on BB stock, while A) won't even make news. And yes, most consumer devs won't be developing cascades anymore unless they have a specific reason for doing so.
    06-20-14 11:56 AM
    But, unlike AIR, BlackBerry is giving Android developers an alternative.

And, as I pointed out, it will be less steps than they do now to make it available to a larger combined audience.

06-20-14 09:22 PM
    Leave all Android apps in BlackBerry World, otherwise BB World will turn into a ghost town and no user/dev will go there
    06-21-14 10:42 PM
    I would like as many apps as we can in BlackBerry World although I would prefer a native one.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 10:59 PM
    I think us having a clean store will help a lot.... removing and only having the good apps is a smart idea... then the marketing can be small but simple...just state the most useful store out there ..

And my idea of adds featuring only 3rd party app native being used in all other native apps helps as well...

Fat Mexican with a Z10 in CB10
    06-23-14 06:35 PM
    Yea blackberry got too caught up with the numbers game and not enough with quality.

Sometimes I wonder how some apps even make it into app world

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 01:50 AM