Bold, Curve, Pearl, Torch, Storm, Style, Tour, Volt... these are product names that people can identify with. They are names that people can remember and articulate with confidence. And, they are BlackBerry.

I would like to see the Q20 be released as the BlackBerry Bold Q20.

Now we folks around here associate the name BlackBerry Storm with failure, but the vast majority of the universe does not. So, BlackBerry could name the devices like so:

Q5 = Curve Q5
    Q6 = Curve Q6 (next model)

Q10 = Bold Q10
    Q20 = Bold Q20

Z3 = Storm Z3
    Z10 = Storm Z10

Z30 = Style Z30
    Z50 = Style Z50 (next flagship model)

S5 = Torch S5 (low end slider)
    S10 = Torch S10 (Z10 quality slider)

P5 = Pearl P5 (ultra simple pay as you go)

That still leaves room for BlackBerry names to be used again in different ways.

Many would argue that no one would buy a Pearl candy bar phone or a Torch slider, but with the Foxconn deal they could be brought to market in quantities matching demand. Not everyone wants a full smart phone or to choose between screen size or keyboard. I think the Pearl and Torch could easily win in the feature phone market.
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    04-07-14 10:38 AM
    Anndd names of devices the consumers don't want...

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    04-07-14 10:40 AM
    I'm all in for a P5! I'm not sure it will sell, but heck, I just love the Pearl series (never had one, maybe that's why I find them so charming).

As for making new "Storm" devices: Drop it now! The Storm brand is tarnished beyoned repair. Same as "PlayBook". Naming a device either thing is asking for a bad rep.

I guess we all classified the BB10 lineup like you did. Exactly like you did ('cept the touch screen devices being Storms lol). I'd go for new names though. New OS, new hardware, new features, new names.

**Edit reserved spot for when I think new names**

Q10/20 - Intrepid - They are the Bold, with more oomph!
    Q5/Kopi (unreleased) - Pointman - Forget the Curve, these are the guys in the front lines of companies and the urban scene (because the devices are cheap and affordable to both regular people and compamies that need to buy 1000s of phones at once).
    Z10/30 - Trail Blazer - Because the touchscreen in the new fronteer, and the devices are fast as heck.
    Z3/Z5 (unreleased Q5 counterpart) - Scout - They are the ones venturing in new grounds (like all Android/WP/iOS/BBOS/feature phone people taking BB10 or a spin - also, Pointman justification applies).

And more names...

P devices (Pearl) - Jackknife - The return of the Pearl, but with a lot more than just looks to get you interested.
    S devices (Sliders) - SideSwipe - I don't know. I like the sound of it.
    F devices (Flip phones) - Communicator - Because no matter how many times I see and/or use a flip phone, the frist thing that come to mind is "Kirk to Enterprise"!
    Last edited by diegonei; 04-07-14 at 11:01 AM.
    04-07-14 10:45 AM
    Excuse me the Bold is still outselling OS10 devices. If you were to offer someone an all new Bold powered by OS10 you may be tempted to upgrade. If you offer me a Z10, Z30, or a Q10, what does that mean to me? Those are the names of the best selling BlackBerry devices ever.
    04-07-14 10:50 AM
    Lol as I said, WE associate Storm with failure, but I would wager a shiny penny that 99.999% of the world didn't even know there was such a thing.

Would be a shame to waste a good name like "BlackBerry Storm". Hurricane, Tornado, Typhoon, Squall... they just don't sound as cool as Storm! lol...

About the Pearl, they could make an identical model in different colors and call it the Volt. Or make the Volt rugged / "construction grade" versions of the Pearl, Curve, and Storm. I just don't see a lot of men walking around with a BlackBerry Pearl, even if they love the chassis.
    04-07-14 10:56 AM
    I agree. They don't have to get rid of the single-letters style; just add them to the old names.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 10:57 AM
    Lol as I said, WE associate Storm with failure, but I would wager a shiny penny that 99.999% of the world didn't even know there was such a thing.

Would be a shame to waste a good name like "BlackBerry Storm". Hurricane, Tornado, Typhoon, Squall... they just don't sound as cool as Storm! lol...

About the Pearl, they could make an identical model in different colors and call it the Volt. Or make the Volt rugged / "construction grade" versions of the Pearl, Curve, and Storm. I just don't see a lot of men walking around with a BlackBerry Pearl, even if they love the chassis.
    Talk to any tech blogger, or any geek, or even any Joe that reads CNET or review sites for advice on what device to get.

Then ask me my bank account details so you can deposit that penny. I want it. Precious.....

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 06:39 AM