Is it just me or do I not know anyone using a motorola phone right now?

Posted via CB10
    The Moto G seems to have done somewhat well in America. Besides the four that I bought for my kids, I know of six that are being used by either friends, family or coworkers of mine. At such a cheap price, the Moto G is a great deal and an impulse purchase.

Not that my personal experience (or your's) counts for anything, but I've never seen a single BB10 device in the wild that I didn't own and haven't seen a legacy device in well over a year. In my area, it appears that Motorola users outnumber BlackBerry users, but again, that doesn't count for squat.
    10-30-14 01:17 PM
    I've never ever ever seen a bb10 device in public. BUT the show "veep" strictly uses them. I thinks it's Veep, or maybe some other political comedy.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-30-14 01:27 PM
    Really don't think it was ever going to happen based on the rumors from last year and what we all know about security issues with China. If it were, it would be bad news for BlackBerry fans as I don't think BlackBerry hardware running BB10 or BBOS would be what they were interested in.
    My big concern at the moment would be if they are going to keep the folks employed in Chicago? They all say they will do it, but when one hiccup comes in a quarter, they start laying off folks. Just like they are doing at Nokia after MS took them over.
    10-30-14 01:34 PM
    The Moto G seems to have done somewhat well in America. Besides the four that I bought for my kids, I know of six that are being used by either friends, family or coworkers of mine. At such a cheap price, the Moto G is a great deal and an impulse purchase.

Not that my personal experience (or your's) counts for anything, but I've never seen a single BB10 device in the wild that I didn't own and haven't seen a legacy device in well over a year. In my area, it appears that Motorola users outnumber BlackBerry users, but again, that doesn't count for squat.
    I actually like the Motorola line and I was glad to see the new Nexus 6 phone was going to be built by them, I never cared for the LG version of the Nexus line. I always thought the original Nexus One phone made by HTC was a beautiful design and was ahead of its time, just fell short on the app memory area, still was a great device.
    10-30-14 01:37 PM
    I still have my Motorola RAZR. Still powers up after all these years.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    10-30-14 01:58 PM
    I actually like the Motorola line and I was glad to see the new Nexus 6 phone was going to be built by them, I never cared for the LG version of the Nexus line. I always thought the original Nexus One phone made by HTC was a beautiful design and was ahead of its time, just fell short on the app memory area, still was a great device.
    I remember the anticipation behind the Nexus 1. It came out with a trackball though. That was dumb lol. Blackberry had already adopted the trackpad by then. It was dated the day it was released! Lol. But nvm that, great looking device regardless.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-30-14 02:24 PM
    - *Yawn*
    10-30-14 02:41 PM
    Everything should be status quo. Google had Moto turning in the right direction so yes there could be layoffs but we as far as anyone outside the company knows Lenovo doesn't want to change anything.
    10-30-14 02:53 PM
    Just read that's it's official and Lenovo now owns Motorola and is the largest smartphone maker in the world.

For those worried about the Lenovo/Blackberry rumor, I am thinking that's not going to happen after this move.
    Wouldn't have happened regardless. Already publicly known the Canadian government blocked Lenovo's previous attempt citing national security and interest. This acquisition was dead before it got going.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/asian-pacific-business/lenovo-considered-a-bid-for-blackberry-but-ottawa-wouldnt-accept-chinese-takeover/article15256976/?service=mobile
    10-30-14 03:28 PM
    Is it just me or do I not know anyone using a motorola phone right now?

Posted via CB10
    The Nexus 6 is Moto created so I'm sure you will soon.

With that said they just released the Droid Turbo on Verizon today, gotta say the specs and battery life on it look amazing. Verizon even added early upgrade incentives for it, not sure how many will bite though.

I had the OG Droid and Droid 2, followed by an LG and Samsung, I gotta say next to BlackBerry, Moto had the best made devices I've ever used. (I'll give LG some flexibility because I did have their first crack into 4g smartphones with the Revolution)
    Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 03:32 PM
35 12