I'm an *****. It was alt + caps + del.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 09:13 PM
    On both my 8320 curves if I do it once it does a soft reset. To get it to do a hard reset you do it once and when the screen starts to come back on you do it agiain. Giving you more file free back.

03-17-09 09:38 PM
    it is a hard reset on a unlocked att 8820 OS 4.5.0.110
    03-17-09 09:56 PM
    Dragonsamus:

You might ask a Moderator to fix the subject of this thread to avoid confusing people about the needed keystrokes. I don't know if you can still edit your original message

And doing the keystrokes a second time when the screen comes back to WHITE is like a battery pull. I think there are times when memory is so low that doing it once is also like a battery pull as I've seen times when once takes a lot longer to reboot while sometimes it comes back on almost immediately (more like just ON/OFF)
    03-18-09 08:53 AM
    This is not the same as a battery pull, it is equivilent to turning your phone off and back on again. Just wanted to put that out there. HOWEVER it is a good habit to do these types of resets as well. I tend to do a soft reset every other night and a hard reset (battery pull) every other week or so.

This is the exact same as a battery pull, no difference. I have experimented quite a lot when this was discovered and I get the same file free after a single hard reset and a battery pull.
    03-18-09 09:07 AM
    Dragonsamus:

You might ask a Moderator to fix the subject of this thread to avoid confusing people about the needed keystrokes. I don't know if you can still edit your original message

And doing the keystrokes a second time when the screen comes back to WHITE is like a battery pull. I think there are times when memory is so low that doing it once is also like a battery pull as I've seen times when once takes a lot longer to reboot while sometimes it comes back on almost immediately (more like just ON/OFF)
    I don't think I can do that I'm not the OP. =]

03-18-09 12:13 PM
    I did that and it just locks my phone.
    I have a Curve from Verizon and it does it with no problems. I can also do the soft reset with a World Edition 8830 phone.
    03-18-09 01:06 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD