Hey guys! before I call Verizon and stay on the phone with them for an hour, I thought I'd ask everyone here on crackberry.

Last night, randomly, everytime I received a text, email, or even a phone call, the red LED light stays on! It will not shut off, I have to shut the phone down then turn it back on.

The only new applications I downloaded recently, were google maps and Vlingo. If anyone has anyyyyy clue how to help me before i spend my day on the phone with Verizon, would be great

Thanks!!

Oh one more thing...Anyone else having problems sending picture messages? Another problem that occured recently, it just says 'X' in my inbox. That is the last of my blackberry issues!!!! fun fun fun
    05-29-09 07:57 AM
    Odds are you have a message somewhere that was not opened, such as a txt/vm txt/bbm/twitter/fb/ect.., and you have your profile setup to flash the led for everything.

If there are any icons on the top of your screen, let us know what you see.
    05-29-09 08:00 AM
    There are no icons besides what I put on my home screen. If i had a new message, it would be blinking! The light will not shut off right now.

something must have happened, I dont know? can you tell me how to clear my memory, or delete things that are hidden on my phone? I'll start there I guess...
    05-29-09 08:12 AM
    Okay, well my phone must have water damamge lol. I just took the battery out, and there is a red line (I'm assuming they use to be 'X's???)

the problem is now fixed...for now lol! but can you give me any tips on how to delete hidden files that take up room and slow the phone down?

I appreciate you're help. this is all new to me
    05-29-09 08:22 AM
    Might be your phone just needed a reboot, which in the BB world we call a battery pull, because you must pull out the battery to cause the phone to reboot. HOWEVER there is a free program that automates this process called Quick Pull...

QuickPull v2 (BETA) - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    05-29-09 08:45 AM
    Thank you so much for your help!! Its kind of hard to find people on here who don't talk "down to me" because I'm asking "simple" questions!!

So thanks
    05-29-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD