One foot out the door and likely closing it behind me sadly.

Disappointed with the PB news but was expecting it so I switched to a Nexus 7 a while back. I don't need to go into all the gory details of how outclassed and dated the PB is. In its day it was decent but those days are long gone.

I'm currently testing out a Sony Xperia Zl as my daily driver. So far so good! My wife switched to a Motorola RAZR about 6 months ago and I saw what Android was putting out there and liked it. There is nothing wrong with my Z, it is a solid and competent device but sufficiently underwhelming for me to look at other options. I really wanted to be blown away BB10,i wanted to be able to put myZ10 down next to any other and brag about how awesome it was. Instead it is just ok. Being average and underwhelming is not sufficient anymore and as a result the company is bleeding revenue, use base and relevance.

I hope bbry can turn it around. I like the company and for years i was a loyal user. Unfortunately, if any magical rally does happen I will be watching from the outside looking in. It's been a fun ride until the end now I'm just gonna keep movin over to android .
    07-02-13 01:37 AM
    Well if you're going to get an android phone i think the Nexus 7 is best. Cheap, fast and constantly updated

The only reason i can see anyone buying a Galaxy tab is because of the S-pen

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Isn't the 7 a tablet, and not a phone?
    07-02-13 05:05 AM
    Isn't the 7 a tablet, and not a phone?
    Oh i may be mistaken, i thought you were after a tablet. Yes the Nex 7 is a tablet and the galaxy tab 8.0 also tab.

If you were to go android personally i'd go nexus 4 simply because the overlap of skins on android like Touchwiz (samsung) makes it bloaty and laggy
    07-02-13 05:19 AM
    I'm going nexus 7 v2 tablet when it comes out as its the playbook that is lacking. I'll see how well it works and coordinates with z10 and decide later if I need to trade in z10 or keep it longer. I emailed the android ScreenShare guy and he is going to investigate providing bridge like function from z10 to android tablets.

Posted via CB10
    kojisan likes this.
    07-02-13 09:26 AM
    I'm heavily considering the HTC One (64GB in Black if I can find it), the Motorola X, or upcoming Sony Xperia Z replacement, or dare I say it the Nokia EOS late this month.

I say that with several bug gulps with a sore and heavy heart. You all know me supporting BlackBerry, tasted the iOS waters for about 2yrs and continued to blog, humbly on BB10 after owning and replying right now on the Z10.

In this day and age the remaining cellphone geeks, nerds, and oficiando of such is on Android. The others make apps for many platforms and their job is to make using smartphones easy and simple because let's face it, there are much more average Joes and Janes than geeks. BYOD has changed the landscape forever. Unless a major security breach that costs a company billions in lawsuits trying to protect "IP" and it happens en mass, no big corporation cares about security like BlackBerry does: CITIBANK, MORGAN. Stanley, Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae, etc have embraced BYOD for IOS or Android vs BlackBerry. "Good enough security" is the latest mantra.

I'm very curious why nobody expecially BlackBerry has not used the byod affect on productivity in a commercial add?

It's just too difficult to support a corporate entity that as a patriot of Canada you feel compelled to do so, when you have the hype direct from the CEO stating 'we're seeing major turn around in sales from iOS or android users' - to paraphrase just 40 days ago. The article is right here on crackberry site!!

Negligence on reporting platform sales numbers when this was always done prior to BB10 is not only a middle finger to analysts and investors, but a B-slap to the BES admins and coders that PAID! To attend BlackBerry Live 2013! Nobody should be paying for BlackBerry Live 2014!!!!!

It's really really hard and I don't know if I will switch, I love BB10, I love my z10 even with the issues or lack of feature set that BB10.2 cannot get here soon enough, or BLINK overhaul is desperate for (chop chop BlackBerry) ! I love QNX and their incredible talent along with TAT (I'm still shocked that Nokia didn't but them back in the S60 heyday since many TAT visuals where prototyped on S60 devices).

The high end touch screen BB10 device needs to scream, no exude quality materials, top shelf hardware, BB10.2 prowess ~ actually it should announce BB10.2 ~ and marketing should bring a level of BlackBerry heritage in undertones to the uniqueness of QNX and the passion of BlackBerry faithful = all without the consultation or help of Crackberry site!!

BlackBerry staff, their top brass really need to.challenge themselves and use their own products and services, not jus in the business world but in their personal lives daily, no computers, no other phones, no help from anyone not even their own top tiered tech staff! This is my challenge! Everyone at BlackBerry from coders of Bb10 to executive staff including project managers do their entire jobs and personal lives with NO computers or tablets (anywhere) with no help from one another or from their carrier or internal tech support teams for 30 days minimum! This'll force the brutal testing and truth if Bb10 really is what they hoped it to be, if it's really ready or evolving into a truly mobile computing platform!!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:26 AM
    I think we all know how that would go...

Sent from my HTC One running PlayBook 3.0
    07-10-13 08:16 PM
    I am leaving BB (on Z10 atm) as soon as cross platform BBM is up. Does not need to fully featured, just need the basic messenger features.

Where? Galaxy S4 is one choice (my father's but once Galaxy Note 3 is out he will pick that up and throw the old phone my way for free), but I'm thinking about Nokia 1020/EOS whateveritgonnabecalled. Mix it up a bit... I currently dual-carry with a Note 2
    07-10-13 10:28 PM
207 ... 789