Does anyone find it strange that there have been almost no leaks on the N series? This would leave me to believe that the L series leaks are mostly photoshopped Dev alpha's with a app pulled up to look like BB10, it would be really hard to make a N series photo fake.
    09-03-12 10:55 PM
    Does anyone find it strange that there have been almost no leaks on the N series? This would leave me to believe that the L series leaks are mostly photoshopped Dev alpha's with a app pulled up to look like BB10, it would be really hard to make a N series photo fake.
    thats what i was thinking also but only bla1ze and the crackberry crew know what they saw and if this is what they saw
    09-03-12 10:58 PM
    thats what i was thinking also but only bla1ze and the crackberry crew know what they saw and if this is what they saw

09-03-12 11:04 PM
    I personally think this may be the next dev alpha update, or a coming release along their SDK rollout. As others have said it's an older build. It's more interesting to see the device and its corners. It goes to show the internal documents leaked and the things we've being seeing are all leading somewhere.

For instance, the OS build that was on the leaked london looks like a pretty version of PlayBook OS for phones. Whereas now we're seeing things that look more like what we've come to think BB10 will look like. On a device that looks similar to what we've seen. I doubt that the final phone will be much different than this. But then again I think a 1800mah battery is also rather uninspiring.

We'll see I suppose

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-03-12 11:24 PM
    2 can play at that game
    09-03-12 11:53 PM
    So far we've seen 3 variations of the app try icon for BlackBerry 10. I hope RIM releases some official screenshots because this is getting confusing.

The first 2 are similar, not sure which one is newer but some of the icons differ from one another. The 3rd one looks like an early beta.

Assuming RIM keeps changing things around, the final version will be a lot different than we've seen thus far.
    Last edited by BB.David; 09-04-12 at 12:23 AM.
    09-04-12 12:15 AM
    better this then get sued by apple for round corners fr billions

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    I was thinking the same...
    09-04-12 12:54 AM
    The video that came out with the battery instructions shows a phone with different edges, more rounded...this look more like a special porsche edition of the L-serie
    09-04-12 02:24 AM
    Wow... Even if I wasn't considering the L-series, those pictures are really scaring me for the future and the success of BB10... Hope it's'fake !!!
    Syrous44 likes this.
    09-04-12 04:40 AM
    Seems like the hardware is fairly similar to the leaked picture of the London:

I'm OK with that, as the London is a fairly nice looking phone. I'd like to see how it was tweaked though, and I'm still curious about the final form of the OS.
    09-04-12 10:00 AM
    All of these icon sets are early ones, keep in mind the PlayBook icons are different than this, especially without the box around the icon.
    09-04-12 10:14 AM
    Wow... Even if I wasn't considering the L-series, those pictures are really scaring me for the future and the success of BB10... Hope it's'fake !!!
    Me too because if bb10 looks remotely anything like this along with the hardware shown running it. Well I have a fear it will flop big time and be the death blow to rim, unless the n series will kill it in the looks department. But lets wait and see till we get official previews or marketing. I too have a suspicion these are kirf asian phones or early builds that have been heavily photoshoped.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    09-04-12 10:15 AM
    The L series device is very similar to the dev alpha, which in itself is similar to a number of devices, the iPhone being one of them.
    09-04-12 10:16 AM
    The L series device is very similar to the dev alpha, which in itself is similar to a number of devices, the iPhone being one of them.

If this new phone looks like a PB cut in half, like the Dev alpha, I will pass on it and BB.
    I would also expect it to rot on the shelves

The more refined version in the latests leaks look a little better. The ones with the silver on the top and bottom look a little cheap to me but better than the Dev alpha

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    09-04-12 10:28 AM
    Or � go 4 the N

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-04-12 10:38 AM
    Can You say TAT? Lets wait and see how they refine it.
    09-04-12 11:01 AM
    If this new phone looks like a PB cut in half, like the Dev alpha, I will pass on it and BB.
    I would also expect it to rot on the shelves

The more refined version in the latests leaks look a little better. The ones with the silver on the top and bottom look a little cheap to me but better than the Dev alpha

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850

I would imagine that RIM is going to keep the standard BB styling as much as possible on the N series devices, just retool the inner workings. I havent played with that one, but the L series is a nice device. I would suggest giving it a try before deciding anything.
    09-04-12 11:05 AM
    Seems like the hardware is fairly similar to the leaked picture of the London:
    Click to view quoted image

I'm OK with that, as the London is a fairly nice looking phone. I'd like to see how it was tweaked though, and I'm still curious about the final form of the OS.
    Naw - look at the camera placement and other details - it's pretty much identical to this, which suggests that the hardware design is at least a year old.
    09-04-12 11:09 AM
    Confirmed (although obviously the internals might have changed) - so did they agree the hardware design when they thought it was coming out early this year and supply chain commitments mean they are stuck with it?
    09-04-12 12:37 PM
    anyone try and pin that phone?
    in the picture it shows the pin to be 2A2DF6E8

I tried to add to my BBM will tell if I get a responce
    09-05-12 09:50 AM
    That person probably got fired for adding their PIN.
    09-05-12 09:34 PM
    That person probably got fired for adding their PIN.
    At the bare minimum RIM can track down the specific phone used for the leak.
    09-05-12 10:58 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD