Saw this on another site (N4BB), and figured I'd share. Looks really interesting.... and promising.

Leaked 2013 Roadmap-bggeguzcuai5ryl.jpg-large.jpg
    eldricho likes this.
    03-29-13 08:57 AM
    First! I'm also off to Vz to cop my Z10. Wish me luck.
    a1s2d3f4g5 and Snap51 like this.
    03-29-13 09:06 AM
    Looks like they surely are planning a new tablet along with a phablet phone. The other keyboard phone is huge. Can't wait!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 10:48 AM
    Looks like they surely are planning a new tablet along with a phablet phone. The other keyboard phone is huge. Can't wait!

Posted via CB10

N4BB says in fact the R series is a new Curve. From N4BB

R-Series
    The BlackBerry Q10 may not be released as of this writing, but that hasn�t stopped BlackBerry from working on an additional QWERTY keyboard device.

The R-Series, with one device called �Rainier� � for the volcanic peak in Washington � will be the equivalent of a Curve for the BlackBerry 10 portfolio. It is certainly not a flagship device by any means.

The ornamental design of the R-Series hadn�t previously been mentioned. We�ve now have learned what it looks like. This low-end QWERTY will be all black in color � even down to the frets of the keyboard.

There will not be any stainless steel siding like the 9900 and Q10. The R-Series is made purely out of plastic composites. It will be interesting to see if BlackBerry deviates from one OS fits all. Or, if they�ll introduce a �BlackBerry 10 Lite� version for the entry-level BB10 devices.

(my comment would be that I expect the R10 to be the same screen size as the Q but perhaps with chicklet keys. BB - lite ? I don't see the advantage here for BB or the consumers - but perhaps a lower power processor may require it ??)
    03-29-13 11:16 AM
    Interesting.

Seem the "R" model as a bigger screen than the "Q". So, i assume the "Q" is the Curve and the "R" wiill be the Bold.
    Does anyone know the meaning of B/W/L/C letters?
    03-29-13 11:32 AM
    Interesting.

Seem the "R" model as a bigger screen than the "Q". So, i assume the "Q" is the Curve and the "R" wiill be the Bold.
    Thats what i thought as well! The R screen looks so much bigger. Maybe Its the Bold and the Q is the Curve!

As far as the L/W/B i think those are the colors. Black/White. C seems to be creme. Unsure about the L.
    uglyduckly likes this.
    03-29-13 11:36 AM
    To me the R looks like a phablet but with the keyboard, same look as that U10.

They should not make a curve, I think it's a waste of investment capital, this year focus OS, and high end phones, let VB7 stay for emerging markets, next year ad Q10 and Z10 are replaced with hardware updates. Let thus years model become low end emerging markets phones. This way they save on R&d and supply chain, they do not fragment their phone line up thus can focus square on quality control and apps, and also the average cost per unit stays high. A curve is an u needed product, when thru can use existing hardware to reach low end market.

Posted via CB10
    jason9900 likes this.
    03-29-13 11:50 AM
    Thats what i thought as well! The R screen looks so much bigger. Maybe Its the Bold and the Q is the Curve!

As far as the L/W/B i think those are the colors. Black/White. C seems to be creme. Unsure about the L.
    L -> LTE ?
    C -> Celullar?

03-29-13 11:51 AM
    The bottom banner is probaly different marketing campaigns since it says keeps you moving and then in the next quarters becomes consumer sni project.
    AsianStorm likes this.
    03-29-13 11:53 AM
    Guys the Q is not the curve as we all know it is the high end device on the keyboard spectrum even if it appears bigger. Now the U looks like a phablet and lines up with aristo, though TH gas stated they are sticking with two screen resolutions and not introducing more to make it easier on developers

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    03-29-13 12:02 PM
    How about the L means limited edition for the red ones of the z10 given to developers. If it were LTE then the Q10 would have that designation as well. As for the tablet...the asterisk by the L has me puzzled.
    03-29-13 12:16 PM
    Guys the Q is not the curve as we all know it is the high end device on the keyboard spectrum even if it appears bigger. Now the U looks like a phablet and lines up with aristo, though TH gas stated they are sticking with two screen resolutions and not introducing more to make it easier on developers

Huh - why isn't a Q the Q10 ...?
    03-29-13 12:19 PM
    Here's a thread already on it http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=788948

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 12:21 PM
    Huh - why isn't a Q the Q10 ...?
    I'm not sure what you're asking

03-29-13 01:17 PM
    To me the R looks like a phablet but with the keyboard, same look as that U10.

They should not make a curve, I think it's a waste of investment capital, this year focus OS, and high end phones, let BB7 stay for emerging markets, next year ad Q10 and Z10 are replaced with hardware updates. Let thus years model become low end emerging markets phones. This way they save on R&d and supply chain, they do not fragment their phone line up thus can focus square on quality control and apps, and also the average cost per unit stays high. A curve is not a needed product, when they can use existing hardware to reach the low end market.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:25 PM
    I'm not sure what you're asking

Sorry misread your post.
    03-29-13 02:55 PM
    Sorry misread your post.
    It's all good

03-29-13 05:18 PM
    What an ugly picture! It has the stench of being fake all over it.. :P
    03-29-13 05:52 PM
    Going with what they show with what's available with the Z10 you have Black White and Limited Edition phones. C can be for colors. That's my best guess

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 06:58 PM
    Omg a phablet with a qwerty could be awesome. lol
    03-29-13 07:06 PM
    Not to sound daft, but would the UDS XL update be a major OS refresh? Possibility of TAT features?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 07:37 PM

How about if what he meant is Z10 and Q10 is one pair of resolution and Aristo with the unknown new qwerty phone is another pair of resolution? Just my guess. It is better to go with a bigger phone for the phone is addicted with their galaxy note size phone

Post via BlackBerry z10 Crackberry App
    03-29-13 08:20 PM
    How about if what he meant is Z10 and Q10 is one pair of resolution and Aristo with the unknown new qwerty phone is another pair of resolution? Just my guess. It is better to go with a bigger phone for the phone is addicted with their galaxy note size phone

You make a good point on the larger screen idea but I honestly think that they meant just two. But who knows.
    I'm pretty sure that they are just focusing on the two so they can keep the developers momentum

03-29-13 10:23 PM
    Does correcting for the perspective give a better idea of device sizes?
    Attached Thumbnails Leaked 2013 Roadmap-bbroadmap.1.jpg  
    03-30-13 05:46 AM

I think there are only 3 resolutions, the Z is 1280x768, the Q and all keyboard phones after would be 720x720 and all touch phones coming would be 1280x720 which would fit well with the upcoming phablet and tablet.
    03-30-13 10:27 AM
26 12