Ok, so now we have a week left until the official OS launch I thought it might be fun to throw some predictions out there!

First and foremost.........TROLLS stays out!!!! This is just for FUN!!!
    Now that I've taken care of the legal stuff lets begin. Let's answer these 3 question and then an open prediction.

1. When do you think the first phone will be released?
    2. Will they say that the current Playbook will get the new OS?
    3. What will the closing RIMM stock be on that day?

Here's my answers.

1. In 3 weeks.
    2. No.
    3. $21
    Open prediction: Announcement of a new tablet.

Let's have some fun Crackberrians!!!
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    01-23-13 08:39 PM
    If they dont put 10 onto the current playbooks, so many people will be pissed off. Rim promised it and they should see it through. theyhad better release the Zed10 sometime before the 11th.
    01-23-13 08:46 PM
    If they dont put 10 onto the current playbooks, so many people will be pissed off. Rim promised it and they should see it through. theyhad better release the Zed10 sometime before the 11th.
    I really believe that they will put 10 on current playbooks...........but I don't think they will ANNOUNCE it on the launch day.
    01-23-13 08:50 PM
    1. It will vary depending on carrier but they have "launch partners" who will all launch first and on the same day. Verizon, at&t, bell, rogers, Telus. No idea about the date but if I had to guess, it would be in 3 weeks as well.

2. They won't announce anything for the playbook on the 30th.
    3. $24 if the launch date is within 3 weeks. $20 if it's still in February. $18 if it's greater than a month away.

Open prediction is that the qwerty bb10 phone will be launched 3 months after the z10.
    01-23-13 09:09 PM
    1. February 5
    2. No, they don't want to put any light to the old playbook on a day that is supposed to be for the *future*, it will be pushed at a later date with a small anouncement
    3. $19
    randall2580 likes this.
    01-23-13 10:07 PM
    1. February 4th, if they value any hopes of a comeback.
    2. No mention of BlackBerry PlayBook other than Thorsten will tout his "mobile platform vision."
    3. Up CAD/USD4.95 by TSX/NASDAQ close on January 30th, if carriers will be selling them within 10 business days, otherwise down CAD/USD10.99.
    01-23-13 10:13 PM
    About a third to half of existing BB users will upgrade by the end of February. The rest will hold out for contractual/financial reasons or to see if a better phone comes out, particularly the guys that want to stay with a trackpad.

Most conversions from other platforms will be iPhone users, as iOS has not had a significant makeover in ages and continues to be stale and inflexible.

Android users will be far slower to adopt the new platform, since BB has become the laughingstock of the mobile world and they will not even look at the phones in the stores until they see some of their friends playing with them.

RIMM stock will trade around $21 a share at launch, with the possibility of a modest gain if BB10 is an immediate hit, but given the company's past financial issues, the stock will be overbought. The rate at which the stock price drops will depend on how many people ultimately adopt BB10. If it flops out the gate, RIMM will tank immediately.

If BlackBerry 10 is not enough to make RIM profitable for the long term, the company will be broken up and sold off as hardware and software divisions. If RIM becomes a success, however, BB10, Android, and iOS will become the "big three." Over time, if RIM is properly managed and Apple does not get their **** together, the future will be BB and Android.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-24-13 05:55 AM
    Feb 4th
    Maybe BBM and the browser
    Above 20
    01-24-13 06:14 AM
    Jan 31
    No announcement for current pb. Update out in mid-May
    $23.50
    01-24-13 06:35 AM
    1. some carriers will have it available right away, and others like mine (Claro Latin America) will have it on stock by the end of Feb or mid march.
    2.NO
    3.closing at 24

Open prediction: they will reveal more than 2 devices and probably announce the 10 inch PB
    01-24-13 06:44 AM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    1. several right away ....or within one week.
    2.no ..
    3.$22
    wildcard******* ... RIM Launch day "surprises".... ...
    01-24-13 06:56 AM
    Feb. 5th, Yes on Feb 7th, $23.59.
    01-24-13 07:08 AM
    Within 10 days of the launch.

They might not say anything BUT THEY BETTER DO IT!

I'd say around $25.
    01-24-13 07:08 AM
    I don't see why you people think it will take that long to port BB 10 over to the PlayBook. It already runs QNX so half the porting is already done.
    If the PlayBook gets the OS right away, it will become the new must have tablet for people who are locked into their phone contracts but want to experience the new OS.
    Mark my words, I heard it from a friend of a friend who works at RIM.
    01-24-13 07:11 AM
    I don't see why you people think it will take that long to port BB 10 over to the PlayBook. It already runs QNX so half the porting is already done.
    If the PlayBook gets the OS right away, it will become the new must have tablet for people who are locked into their phone contracts but want to experience the new OS.
    Mark my words, I heard it from a friend of a friend who works at RIM.
    I would agree with you except for one thing. The playbook only has 1gb of ram and the phones are now rumoured to have 2gb. The dev alpha had 1gb of ram - and if they've gone to 2 it's obviously because the OS wasn't running as well on 1gb as they wanted. This makes me question whether the current pb will ever see a full upgrade to OS10.
    01-24-13 07:36 AM
    1. 31 Jan
    2. Yes.
    3. $21
    4. They will announce NFC mobile payments for OS7 and BB10 devices... along with many updated core RIM app suites.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    01-24-13 07:39 AM
    1. Feb 21st was my original guess so I am going to stick with it - that's the day my carrier (AT&T) have it in store
    2. I agree with others they will not even mention PlayBook for the reasons already cited.
    3. $19
    01-24-13 07:41 AM
    I would agree with you except for one thing. The playbook only has 1gb of ram and the phones are now rumoured to have 2gb. The dev alpha had 1gb of ram - and if they've gone to 2 it's obviously because the OS wasn't running as well on 1gb as they wanted. This makes me question whether the current pb will ever see a full upgrade to OS10.
    I think they went to 2 gigs because the cost of doing so was minor and they didn't want to seem behind the curve in that respect. All new higher end phones will have 2 gigs. They upgraded from Dev phones because faster hardware became available in the months after its release. This is normal.
    Plus, it depends on how many apps you have open and how memory intensive they are.
    01-24-13 07:51 AM
    1. I think the release dates will vary by carrier and location, but the earliest of those will be before the 9th of February.
    2. I think they will mention that the Playbook will be getting BB10, but will not mention dates. They may mention a beta release if we are lucky.
    3. I think the stock could go up as high as $30 if the releases start by the 9th. Otherwise, it will only go up to around $20.
    01-24-13 08:30 AM
    1. Jan 31st, like the next day.
    2. Yes, but without much fanfare.
    3. $25.16
    01-24-13 08:52 AM
    1. Jan 31st for the earliest carriers, probably one or two of those in Canada.
    2. Yes, mentioned but without a specific date.
    3. $20.67
    01-24-13 09:28 AM
    Here are my answers.

1. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-when-762741/
    2. No, only because it's a Z10 launch and that's what the sole focus should be.
    3. $30.10 ( )
    01-24-13 09:34 AM
    10 days or less.

Yes.

If release is immediate: 23.85
    If release is 10 days or less: $21.08 but with pullback the following day.
    If release is 28 days or less: $19.10
    If release is more than 28 days: $10.12

4. Wildcard:
    a) apps - lots of big names. skype video will be missing. netflix ~50/50 .
    b) landscape mode will be working on the final devices
    c) I dunno what else, but I hope they'v emanaged to keep *something* in reserve.
    01-24-13 09:40 AM
    Maybe you can have BB10 on 1GB but not be able to run 8 apps. I would be happy with 4 running apps to be honest. The PB starts randomly closing apps over the 4 app mark anyway.
    01-24-13 10:03 AM
    I think they went to 2 gigs because the cost of doing so was minor and they didn't want to seem behind the curve in that respect. All new higher end phones will have 2 gigs. They upgraded from Dev phones because faster hardware became available in the months after its release. This is normal.
    Plus, it depends on how many apps you have open and how memory intensive they are.
    I could be happy with only being able to have 4 apps running. There would be a lot of people who wouldn't be though. Still I remain hopeful that they will put it on. I love my pb but having bb10 on it would be sweet.
    01-24-13 12:38 PM