I'm on sprint. I wanna get a new blackberry becasue the curve is wayy to small and fragile. The Bold 9650 came out in June, I think. I would like to avoid paying Ten extra dollars before my upgrade. I would like to know if getting the Bold now or waiting for the new models to come out will be worth it? Please help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 06:39 PM
    Seeing that there probably won't be any new models until summer (maybe even August or September), you should be safe to get the 9650.
    01-21-11 06:50 PM
    Unless it's free, I would say yes it's definitely too late.
    01-21-11 06:52 PM
    I would say definitely dont lock yourself into an upgrade right now... there are some new devices coming out this summer (hopefully to CDMA users as well) that will be really, well.. hopefully great.

Rim is working on some phones that have specs almost double of what current phones have.

If youre risking locking yourself into another contract, i would say wait til Q2/Q3 this year.
    01-21-11 06:55 PM
    I wouldnt think so.
    01-21-11 07:08 PM
    You could always purchase used from either here, Craigslist, or eBay, and not get locked into another contract. 9650 is a great phone, so I would suggest getting one.
    01-21-11 07:18 PM
    See my uncle works for sprint. He can get me any sprint blackberry free as of now. And would even the style be better then the Bold?
    01-21-11 07:19 PM
    The style is nice, and the 9650 is still available on the sprint website
    so if you want it, get it.
    01-21-11 07:22 PM
    We're upgrading to 9650s and people are really pleased with them.
    01-21-11 07:24 PM
    Style is a flip phone, and 9650 is not. Really comes down to personal preference on that one. I loathe flip phones now, so it would never work for me, but you might like it.
    01-21-11 07:29 PM
    Its totally up to you on whether you want to get the Bold now or wait for something newer. The Bold is a very nice ph, I really love it! I've had mine since Dec. coming from a Curve 8330. I was going to wait for VzW to release something new also, but I really liked the Bold so I went for it. As HeavyFluid suggested, why don't you see if you could maybe get a used one and save your upgrade for when something new from bb comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 08:25 PM
    You could always purchase used from either here, Craigslist, or eBay, and not get locked into another contract. 9650 is a great phone, so I would suggest getting one.
    Thanks i think thats what im gonna do. and love the signature
    01-21-11 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD