I set up my HP dv9817 to tether to my BB 8900. Works great. But, now, the laptop continually drops my wifi, looking for the BB connection instead. Happens whether or not the BB is connected. I tried disabling my "standard Modem", but that did not change the behavior. Thanks for any help.
    11-19-09 09:24 PM
    Why would you use your BB for tethering when you have a Wifi to work with
    11-20-09 05:55 AM
    Because I won't always have wifi to work from. I needed to be able to access course websites when out of wifi range. But, now my laptop constantly asks to connect to the BB, and drops my wifi when I close the BB dial-up dialogue box.
    11-20-09 07:11 PM
    Are you using TetherBerry? Having it installed on my pc does not interfere with wifi. I turn off wifi when using TetherBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 07:17 PM
    Well, maybe someone else can help you... although you might need to post your question in a different forum... or post something on the How to Tethering thread.
    11-20-09 07:18 PM
    I had this issue when I was tethering through VZW with a hacked LG VX10000. What I noticed was that my WiFi connection was not completely steady, it would blink out for a half second now and then. When I wasn't set up to tether, it wasn't a big deal, as the connection would reconnect, and whatever I was doing would continue on with no problems. But when I was set up to tether, and the connection 'blinked', instead of automatically restoring the connection, it would stop everything it was doing, and ask me if I wanted to tether the LG instead of reconnecting to WiFi.
    11-21-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD