question for you guys. is there an app or way on bb to translate my words into another language. like if i type hello how are you in english... this app or bb could translate that into another language and i could send it in a text or email. is that possible? thanks in advance
    06-18-12 03:23 AM
    I am sure that this could be done on a BlackBerry but I have never seen such an app. Have you checked the Crackberry Store and App World? Maybe there is something there.

Meanwhile you can use Google Translate which I find gives acceptable results most of the time.

There are many hand held transtlator devices too, some of them are quite cheap. I know that this is not what you are looking for and you would have to re-type the translated words but, it's an options.
    06-18-12 03:28 AM
    Have you tried navita translator or ispeech translator there are a few and most are free in the App World

Hope this helps

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Pete6 likes this.
    06-18-12 04:27 AM
    ispeech translator works well but will drive you crazy by asking for access to your private information everytime you reboot. You will also manually have to close it out or it will run in the background by default. There are many others in Appworld that will do the job.
    06-18-12 07:51 AM
    Just use those apps gently. They sometimes put out what amounts to gibberish, so the shorter and more basic the phrase the better the result.
    06-18-12 09:35 AM
    Navita works best for me...
    06-18-12 10:21 AM
    you should try speechtrans its a language translator app for iphone and android and also BB this is the site hope this works SpeechTrans
    06-19-12 04:26 AM
    I use an app called fancytran and it works great.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    06-26-12 02:30 PM
    I use an app called fancytran and it works great.
    Same here. I've been using this app since it was BBTran and it has never
    let me down.

Fancy Tran via AppWorld

BBTran OTA (over the air) download
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    06-26-12 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD