I have noticed recently that I am experiencing a little bit of a lag/delay when using my Curve. I go into my sms/mms messages and it takes a few seconds to popup, as well as for opening a message, replying and then sending. I notice this both within WIFI and non-WIFI areas. I routinely clear my cache on my browser as well as my cookies and take out the battery for a restart. I am using T-mobile, and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how to fix this or was going through the same thing.
    01-09-08 08:37 AM
    do you have the lates OS? 4.2.2.180 just make sure you dont have a tone of apps running in the backround. check that by hitting the menu key on your home screen and going to switch apps there should be 4 that you cant get rid of. browser, mail, home, and call log
    01-09-08 09:32 AM
    I am not sure how to check what OS I have running, and there are way more then 4 running, how do I fix that?
    01-09-08 09:38 AM
    I think that I fixed it, by going to each application and clicking close. How do I check what OS I have/update it?
    01-09-08 09:41 AM
    Options > About its the 3rd line down.

I have a curve also, and I had this problem. Delete those old messages!! I had a lot of messages that I didn't need (especially SMS) and as soon as i cleared it all out, the Curve was back to normal speed
    01-09-08 09:42 AM
    Yes I am running on 4.2.2.18
    01-09-08 09:45 AM
    Closing the applications has really helped, thank you!
    01-09-08 09:46 AM
    ya just keep up on the apps running in the backround. theres also a program called memoryup that works wornders. i also dont keep but maybe 30 emails on my phone at one time on the berry i found that will slow it down. thanks nextgates for reminding me. i forgot that cause this problem as its been so long since iv had this problem cause of stocked up emails.
    01-09-08 10:00 AM
    alt+LGLG
    Hit the Menu key, select Clear Log

Run your Application Loader and strip out all the languages you don't use, any other themes or features you don't want, like the sample videos and pics.

These should help a bit more, as well as the occasional battery pull.
    01-09-08 10:06 AM
    alt+LGLG
    Hit the Menu key, select Clear Log

Run your Application Loader and strip out all the languages you don't use, any other themes or features you don't want, like the sample videos and pics.

These should help a bit more, as well as the occasional battery pull.
    What does this do?
    01-09-08 10:25 AM
    It forces the software to re-initalize all the settings and memory use.

You get exactly the same thing with the Desktop Manager. Any change will force a reset.
    01-09-08 12:20 PM
    Removing components you don't use frees up internal device memory. Pulling the battery out while the device is on is effectively a "hard reset" that restarts the device, like rebooting your computer.
    01-09-08 12:33 PM
    I noticed my Curve running slow and now I want to delete all of my old mail at once can I do a delete all without doing each message. Thanks
    01-09-08 05:19 PM
    yes hilight the date then hit menu and scroll all the way to the top and hit delete prior
    01-09-08 05:24 PM
    Whenever I have more than 1 day worth of text messages in my inbox, it lags immensly. I tend to like to keep older messages, and then you hit delete prior, and everything is smooth everything, everything old is gone.

Why does it give you the option to keep messages for a minimum of 30 days when it'll lag so much after just one?

It's driving me crazy.
    05-05-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD