My hope is that the upcoming slider pulls double duty as an all touch device, with the keyboard being so low profile that you won't even know it's there. The BlackBerry Torch wasn't low profile. You could tell it was a slider.

Sent via Passport!
    08-06-15 11:15 PM
    Even though I don't have a Passport I think they're went in the right direction. This design will never go away. It only needs to be tweaked a little. Edge to edge with the screen and take it to the top a little more. 4k display. Upgrade the camera and its software and of course the specs. The latest and fastest 64 bit. 128gb storage 4 gb ram. This is at least what the Silver Edition should have been. This new phone would be the platform for the all touch Passport. This all touch Flagship is what people are waiting for. These two phones are all that BlackBerry should be making. This should be BlackBerry's next move. They will sell millions.

 Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    Last edited by mrlahjr; 08-06-15 at 11:34 PM.
    08-06-15 11:24 PM
    My hope is that the upcoming slider pulls double duty as an all touch device, with the keyboard being so low profile that you won't even know it's there. The BlackBerry Torch wasn't low profile. You could tell it was a slider.

Sent via Passport!
    The only thing I like about the slider is it's specs. Personally if I wanted all android I'd buy a note 4.

08-06-15 11:27 PM
    The only thing I like about the slider is it's specs. Personally if I wanted all android I'd buy a note 4.

No one knows at this point what flavor it will be. Either way the BlackBerry experience would be heavily baked in.

Sent via Passport!
    08-06-15 11:30 PM
    Lack of a BB10 premium all touch is what's killing the platform. Numbers don't lie

Chen who is in a much better position now in regards to a more mature BB10 platform is selling less devices than Heins. This is pathetic. Reason for this is no premium all touch.

Chen needs to be held accountable for not releasing a premium all touch.

(((((((((***********Look at the quarterly numbers since Heins first introduced BB10 and the volume of devices BlackBerry is now selling. ))))))

***********This is shocking and alarming!!!!!. BlackBerry under Chen should be selling more devices than Heins. IS THERE NOT SOMETHING WRONG HERE?????????????????

Sent via Passport!

Um, ok.

Your second statement, which is missing punctuation to close off the statement, is not proving itself ... cause you have not presented ANY Numbers!

Today the Z30 can still hold it's own.

The issues are:
    Lack of marketing, and I'm not talking TV ads ... far too expensive for BB, yet the key top rated HBO or AMC or similar TV shows that show users working in offices COULD get a hefty boost of dollars per season for say
    a> Present x amount of BB phones in a show that uses cellphones per season!
    b> fit into the dialog, however short about security, uptime, reliability, the sole source of use for trusted security amongst govenments and or enterprise.
    (If you recall so many movies of popular culture in the 80's and 90's from "Weird Science" to "You've got Mail" targeting multiple markets and segments HAD an actual Apple computer!)
    Lack of self marketing beyond their own channels!
    a> Where are the google hits when I search for anything BlackBerry in my Chrome Browser, signed in, and searching across the interwebs without clearing my cache?! I barely see an ad, and as MUCH as I hate ads especially Google ads I've been KEENLY looking for them in EVERY website I goto!

This is the core issue since launch day. To be honest I'd say HALF .... yes I'm pulling this statistic out of my arse like your because i have NO PROOF/FACTS to backup my imagination or hypothesis or guess, yet I still wager HALF, of all Z30 owners today did NOT know about the device until

a> the third web ad from BlackBerry featuring the quality sound, Paratec antenna and 4 microphones in that WAVE file like video.
    b> simultaneously CrackBerry shared articles on the device, that open threads as well!

I've said it before and although there are some VERY good BB fan blogs, forums and sites out there .... I can and you could agree too that without CrackBerry BB10 would have NEVER sold 3.x million devices it's first or third quarter ... in fact BB wouldn't have even lasted long enough for Chen to come around or Fairfax investment firm. IT would be a private company before end of 2013/mid-2014.

THIS site IS the global fan and user base.

Hey Crackberry Kevin, CrackBerry B1aze! Can you see total membership vs active users vs total BB10 devices registered as active with BlackBerry and make an executive POST on the front page please?! I'm VERY curious about this!
    08-06-15 11:52 PM
    The "prime" market was lost ages ago. BlackBerry was never going to win a slab war with the likes of Samsung and Apple. The only hope was niche. Either way, devices are irrelevant to the future of BlackBerry.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Because now BlackBerry is going to somehow compete with Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle and Apple?

Really??

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 11:56 PM
    Because now BlackBerry is going to somehow compete with Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle and Apple?

Really??

Posted via CB10
    So BlackBerry should abandon z10/z30 users and tell them to choose another platform?

Really? We have nothing for you. Thanks for supporting the brand. Now go away. We have nothing for you.

??????????

Sent via Passport!
    08-07-15 12:01 AM
    This horse is beaten to DEATH ALREADY!!! Please stop making new post about it everyday

Posted via CB Z30
    Is that you Chairman Chen??

Posted via CB10
    light_barer and bodjor like this.
    08-07-15 12:01 AM
    That's not the point. To enter a market (slab) against massive competitors with deep pockets, huge ecosystems, and enormous economies of scale which gives them the ability to pump out high spec devices at relatively low cost would be crazy.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Yet we're supposed to buy into the hype that they can somehow compete against Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, Apple, etc... how is that not even crazier?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 12:07 AM
    They can't sell such a device since there is no demand for the fourth largest market share OS. Even Microsoft, at third, and with vastly greater resources to use is struggling.
    So basically BlackBerry should tell all Z30/Z10 owners to find another platform??????

Sent via Passport!
    08-07-15 12:10 AM
    Yet we're supposed to buy into the hype that they can somehow compete against Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, Apple, etc... how is that not even crazier?

Posted via CB10
    So Conite and others that support the no high end all touch are basically suggesting that all the Z10/Z30 owners should seek another platform.

The lack of a high end all touch is killing BB10. Sales in decline quarter over quarter.

Focusing on niche devices that only cater to a select few and are doing nothing to grow the platform is absurd in itself. What's even worse now we are in a position of installed base decline. (Z10/Z30 users abandoning the platform)

Those Z10/Z30 love their slab. The market reflects this. It's absurd on BlackBerry's part to throw these users under the bus.

Sent via Passport!
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 08-07-15 at 12:26 AM.
    08-07-15 12:15 AM
    BlackBerry has a problem. It's not being able to commit to anyone line of devices and bring awareness about them.

2013-Z10 marginal marketing. Some awareness

2013-Z30 no marketing-Zero awareness

2014-2015-The all new high end BB10 all touch- doesn't exist.

2014-2015- focus on niche devices-BB10 stagnation.

By stagnation I imply native dev support diminishing. There was momentum for a time.

Sent via Passport!
    08-07-15 12:40 AM
    That's not the point. To enter a market (slab) against massive competitors with deep pockets, huge ecosystems, and enormous economies of scale which gives them the ability to pump out high spec devices at relatively low cost would be crazy.

At least physical keyboards gives BlackBerry some type of differentiation.

As I said, the whole conversation is moot now. The game was lost 4 years ago.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    I think the game was lost when RIM didn't bother to do anything when the touch screen phones took off they just did nothing and expected everybody to stay with blackberry that was when things started going down hill
    light_barer likes this.
    08-07-15 12:50 AM
    So Conite and others that support the no high end all touch are basically suggesting that all the Z10/Z30 owners should seek another platform.

Sent via Passport!
    My only point is that producing a slab would make no difference whatsoever in the grand scheme. The entire Z10/Z30 install base is insignificant. Devices are not important or necessary for BlackBerry going forward.

I have a Z30, and would love to have an all-touch replacement, but people need to understand that what is good for us users is not the same as what is good for BlackBerry as a company.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Last edited by conite; 08-07-15 at 07:30 AM.
    08-07-15 04:56 AM
    I think the game was lost when RIM didn't bother to do anything when the touch screen phones took off they just did nothing and expected everybody to stay with blackberry that was when things started going down hill
    The game was lost when Apple made the iPhone and BlackBerry did not have an OS that could answer it. By the time it was developed, it was already over - whether they marketed it or not.

This is almost all about product life cycle. BlackBerry was at the worst possible spot when the iPhone was introduced.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-07-15 04:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    They have major competitive advantages in that space, and are making huge gains in terms of software and licensing revenues quarter to quarter. It is the only growth area they have right now, so it's all in.

BlackBerry works alongside these other players - supporting their products as well. There is no need to beat them.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Last edited by conite; 08-07-15 at 10:16 AM.
    08-07-15 05:00 AM
    Y.A.W.N.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    light_barer likes this.
    08-07-15 05:06 AM
    Z30 was sold unlocked, and I used it on my AT&T plan, with no problem.
    08-07-15 06:54 AM
    no, no i'ts not.
    08-07-15 07:01 AM
    Z30 was sold unlocked, and I used it on my AT&T plan, with no problem.
    I meant that there isn't one to run on all of AT&T's LTE bands. The one for North America is the Verizon model that I think has 1 of the LTE bands AT&T uses, and you may pick it up depending on where you are. Otherwise, you're stuck with H+. There was a specific model with all of AT&T's LTE bands - that's the one BlackBerry should have included and sold unlocked along with the Verizon model after AT&T passed on it.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 07:08 AM
    this is right on the money. everyone who bought a z10 on 3/2013, still do NOT have a device to upgrade to. i.e. my wife and i both got Z10s back when they launched, i went to the Z30, then Classic. My wife has small hands and doesnt want any part w/ the Z30. the Classic's screen is too small for her. so in reality, she's stuck w/ her Z10 until something new comes out. (if ever at this point) so think of all the other people in that position, they probably went to other platforms/ manufacturers...
    this is what makes me angry about BlackBerry and what they are doing and not doing.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    08-07-15 07:18 AM
    BB Z30 failed because no one knew about it. No marketing. No awareness.

Sent via Passport!
    I doubt marketing would have helped. Without the app ecosystem people demand it wouldn't sell if there were billboards on every street in the country.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 07:25 AM
    Someone please Ban the Op!
    light_barer and theboogeyman like this.
    08-07-15 07:27 AM
    Double post
    08-07-15 07:28 AM
    Unfortunately the only way a BlackBerry high end all touch would be a good idea today is if BB10 had been released about 3 years earlier. The horse has left the barn and we just need to accept today's reality. Would I like one.....YES, do I expect to get one......NO. We on CrackBerry are nothing more than a niche of a niche. Accept it and either use the devices that are available or move on.

Posted with my Z30 on CrackBerry 10
    08-07-15 07:34 AM
270 1234 ...