Lack of a BB10 premium all touch is what's killing the platform. Numbers don't lie

Chen who is in a much better position now in regards to a more mature BB10 platform is selling less devices than Heins. This is pathetic. Reason for this is no premium all touch.

Chen needs to be held accountable for not releasing a premium all touch.

(((((((((***********Look at the quarterly numbers since Heins first introduced BB10 and the volume of devices BlackBerry is now selling. ))))))

***********This is shocking and alarming!!!!!. BlackBerry under Chen should be selling more devices than Heins. IS THERE NOT SOMETHING WRONG HERE?????????????????

Sent via Passport!
    08-06-15 08:39 PM
    I currently use a BlackBerry Passport due to the fact there is no premium slab device.

Sent via Passport!
    JCyinzer, Tabdus and eyesopen1111 like this.
    08-06-15 08:43 PM
    Even though your sentiments are shared a million times over on these forums I don't think Chen is reading them.

I'm up for renewal in October and now I'm torn as I don't care for a PKB.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799, heepman and JCyinzer like this.
    08-06-15 08:54 PM
    Even though your sentiments are shared a million times over on these forums I don't think Chen is reading them.

I'm up for renewal in October and now I'm torn as I don't care for a PKB.

Posted via CB10
    Well when platform growth is in a depression(rapid decline) since launch. Chen needs to address this and infact be held accountable.

Accountable to his installed base and share holders. Most importantly those that aren't even considering the platform due to no high end all touch device.

Sent via Passport!
    08-06-15 08:56 PM

Accountable to his installed base and share holders.

Sent via Passport!
    On the paper yes. In reality, he is accountable to Prem.
    08-06-15 09:02 PM
    The Z30 fits that bill. The lack of marketing was quite harmful to it's reception and perception but it STILL rocks. A new all touch would nice but I doubt it's as critical as you believe.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    08-06-15 09:06 PM
    My Z30 is "Premium" enough for me right now. I don't feel a rush to upgrade and can wait until the Z50 hits.

Posted via CB10
    Genghis2k3 and RickTrout like this.
    What numbers? When did you start working for BlackBerry BI team??

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    If you think a full touch BB10 device will suddenly help device sales you are sadly mistaken. So what we get an upgraded phone with a better camera and screen and then what. The main problem is apps and with a new all touch that problem will remain unresolved

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 09:09 PM
    If you think a full touch BB10 device will suddenly help device sales you are sadly mistaken. So what we get an upgraded phone with a better camera and screen and then what. The main problem is apps and with a new all touch that problem will remain unresolved

Posted via CB10
    Selling a device that represents the prime demand of the market wouldn't help? That's an absolutely foolish statement

Sent via Passport!
    08-06-15 09:17 PM
    Selling a device that represents the prime demand of the market wouldn't help? That's an absolutely foolish statement

Sent via Passport!
    The "prime" market was lost ages ago. BlackBerry was never going to win a slab war with the likes of Samsung and Apple. The only hope was niche. Either way, devices are irrelevant to the future of BlackBerry.

The numbers you speak of never existed.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-06-15 09:25 PM
    They really blew it failing to get their 2 premium devices (Passport and Z30) on all the major US carriers. That said, the Z30 is a fine device but still it didn't sell. IMO if BlackBerry built a full touch flagship device in the $600 range with the current app situation it would be a colossal failure. There will always be more attractive, cheaper full-touch options.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno, undone, Witmen and 1 others like this.
    08-06-15 09:26 PM
    They really blew it failing to get their 2 premium devices (Passport and Z30) on all the major US carriers. That said, the Z30 is a fine device but still it didn't sell. IMO if BlackBerry built a full touch flagship device in the $600 range with the current app situation it would be a colossal failure. There will always be more attractive, cheaper full-touch options.

Posted via CB10
    BB Z30 failed because no one knew about it. No marketing. No awareness.

Sent via Passport!
    08-06-15 09:29 PM
    The "prime" market was lost ages ago. BlackBerry was never going to win a slab war with the likes of Samsung and Apple. The only hope was niche. Either way, devices are irrelevant to the future of BlackBerry.

The numbers you speak of never existed.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    There is no need to win the war. The issue here is growing the BB10 installed base.

Sent via Passport!
    08-06-15 09:32 PM
    I agree with you completely. It is very unfortunate that the Z30 was rolled out in such a hushed manner. I feel it was the first phone BlackBerry launched that "got it" in its appeal to the masses.

Don't get me wrong, I love the pkb BlackBerries, but I am a tiny minority. It is also anecdotal, but the people I know who love bb10 are all still rocking Z10s and Z30s.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 09:33 PM
    Having a Z10 since the day it was available on VZW I am ready for a new touch device. I won't buy the Z30 because of it's age. I would consider the Classic in Blue, but alas I can't get one on VZW.

I understand not making CDMA devices en mass ,but if you want to sell be a little creative with the choices. Passport at&t only.

This "exclusive" U.S. release stuff has to stop.

Oh wait......I'm a consumer....they don't give a damn.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    08-06-15 09:35 PM
    BB Z30 failed because no one knew about it. No marketing. No awareness.

Sent via Passport!
    And no model for AT&T at all.

That didn't help much.

Actually, I think an AT&T model did exist prior to release, but AT&T passed on it so it never went into production. BlackBerry should have made it anyway and sold it unlocked on Shop BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-06-15 09:38 PM
    There is no need to win the war. The issue here is growing the BB10 installed base.

Sent via Passport!
    That's not the point. To enter a market (slab) against massive competitors with deep pockets, huge ecosystems, and enormous economies of scale which gives them the ability to pump out high spec devices at relatively low cost would be crazy.

At least physical keyboards gives BlackBerry some type of differentiation.

As I said, the whole conversation is moot now. The game was lost 4 years ago.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-06-15 09:43 PM
    The Z30 fits that bill. The lack of marketing was quite harmful to it's reception and perception but it STILL rocks. A new all touch would nice but I doubt it's as critical as you believe.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    I own a Z30, and while I love it, I disagree that it qualifies as a premium all-touch anymore--primarily because of the low internal memory (which apps must be stored in) and a very low quality camera (by today's flagship standards, that is).

Posted via CB10
    CranksterBB10, heepman and hvacdon like this.
    08-06-15 09:46 PM
    I have many users asking for a z10 and/or z30 replacement an I have nothing to offer them........
    missing_K-W, highos, lift and 1 others like this.
    08-06-15 09:48 PM
    I have many users asking for a z10 and/or z30 replacement an I have nothing to offer them........
    Sadly this is what the market reflects also(demand). A lack of having a premium all touch device is harming any prudent growth to the BB10 platform.

Sent via Passport!
    08-06-15 09:51 PM
    My Z30 is "Premium" enough for me right now. I don't feel a rush to upgrade and can wait until the Z50 hits.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly the problem -- will there ever be a Z50?

Note to the thread OP : While I do agree that having no all-touch is a *factor* in BlackBerry's device sale decline, I *do not* in any way blame BlackBerry's device sale decline *solely* on the lack of an all-touch. There is A LOT more that goes into that issue my friend. A LOT more.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 08-06-15 at 10:26 PM.
    08-06-15 09:52 PM
    This horse is beaten to DEATH ALREADY!!! Please stop making new post about it everyday

Posted via CB Z30
    08-06-15 10:03 PM
    That's not the point. To enter a market (slab) against massive competitors with deep pockets, huge ecosystems, and enormous economies of scale which gives them the ability to pump out high spec devices at relatively low cost would be crazy.

At least physical keyboards gives BlackBerry some type of differentiation.

As I said, the whole conversation is moot now. The game was lost 4 years ago.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    BlackBerry has an installed base of Z10/Z30 users with nothing to upgrade to. Any new user to the platform has no option. This has been the case for a long time now.

There is no need to compete directly with Apple or Samsung. BlackBerry needs to grow. And numbers declining each quarter for BB10 device sales reflects this. Users who want a premium all touch are either overlooking the platform or worse yet leaving the platform.

Sent via Passport!
    08-06-15 10:08 PM

Sent via Passport!
    They can't sell such a device since there is no demand for the fourth largest market share OS. Even Microsoft, at third, and with vastly greater resources to use is struggling.
    theboogeyman likes this.
    08-06-15 11:07 PM
270 123 ...